My Latest Kief Harvest

technique

Hi guys,

i only heard of wand hash from this forum and id never tried vapeing kief before but ive finally got my first harvest and id love to see what the pros are holding.

Plus any tips on getting kief out of the grinder? its just so sticky.

IMAG0068.jpg

the lovely glob of goo on the right is my wand hash and you can see where i scraped the kief out on the left.

IMAG0069.jpg

only tried the kief so far and it rocked my world (may have over done it a tad)... still too afraid to try the wash, maybe bedtime lol.

technique,
Reactions: Poochka

max

Out to lunch
any tips on getting kief out of the grinder? its just so sticky.
You're using a 4 pc., right? You should be able to just brush it out of the collector if it's clean. If you leave it in too long, humidity gets to it and some does stick to the metal, making extraction less efficient. But start with a clean, slick kief collector tray and every bit of it will come right out. Grinders are like wands, tubing, bags-anything vapor passes through. The dirtier the surface, the more you lose. Kief and vapor both are attracted to sticky surfaces.

max,

technique

i like to save my kief up so is that a bad idea or should i be storing it another way?

i take it humidity doesn't effect it apart from making it sticky?

technique,

Sour Deez

I have a bunch of dram vials i store my keif in, its only ever in my tray for a week at most then ill scrap it and add it to the collection.

Sour Deez,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
I havent really encountered my kief being too sticky to easily scrape up, and I have a few weeks worth in there (give or take, sometimes I indulge :p ).
Here is how I do it. If your grinder came with a little rubber scraper then great, if not you can make one out of any thin plastic. Just cut a shape that works with your grinder. I sometimes make various shapes for different spots on the grinder.
Then I go in a circle around the edge of the base, pushing it toward the middle due to a slight angle. Then I scrape the kief stuck to the sides and bring them to the middle. Then scrape it into a nice little pile and use the tool to scoop out what you need. :)

Here is my before scraping
DSCF2756.jpg

Here is after, also showing my little scraping tool I made, after I lost the one that came with it, out of a plastic card. :)
DSCF2760.jpg

Haha, just noticed the dog hair that got in there. :p

Ripbongs420,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Sour Deez said:
I never thought about cutting a card in a shape like that, good idea.

Thanks! I just improvised when I lost this little guy that came with my Sharpstone.

yhst-12090653330644_2164_3262006

This thing works better than anything I have made/tried. If you got it, don't lose it! :/
I was just looking for a picture, but I might find myself buying a new one for ~$4. Never thought I would find it separately, let alone so quickly (2nd link on grinder scraper Google search).

Ripbongs420,

Sour Deez

I got the one the comes with the space case grinders, But i always find myself grabbing a razor blade over that. I think the one you have would work better.

Sour Deez,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Well i wanted to talk about kief and didnt see a thread, so it was either revive a old thread or make a new one and this one had a start with some pics so here goes...

Now i love kief. It was my very first dive into a concentrate, before i even knew about concentrates. Anytime i built up a smokable amount, it was blazed up quick.

Since discovering wax and real concentrates. My kief goes sadly unsmoked.

2yzh9ab.jpg

This is a lil jar of months of kief. It is packed in as tight as i can press it. Probably wont be able to get it out in one piece when i decide what to do with it.

2n6u1ab.jpg

More sad kief.

So anyway im looking for some new ideas on what to do with my kief? Should i just blaze it up? I thought about pressing it into a super kief pill and blazing it in one session. Or can i make a concentrate? I thought about taking a bud of herb and melting some wax on then rolling in kief.

Anyone got any keify ideas?

YoGranMazPimp,
Reactions: Ben Katz

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'd mix it into oil which you apparently love and create "mud" haha. I'd imagine either the rev, dart, or hell even the evo would work good with it.

What I sometimes is put a small bed of bud in my T1, a middle layer of lots of kief, then a top bed of bud on that. After the first hit the kief "melts" into the bud and you have one sticky blob of bud that won't fall into the heater or get sucked into the mouthpiece.

qwertypop1

been around the block
Nice.

When I was making oil a few months ago (supply still lasts), I would get ~75-85% AWESOME super trichome infested nugs, and the rest would be still pretty decent (i say decent, but just not the clubs best, stickiest g/$ but what i thought would produce the best kief) weed out of the batch I planned to run through for BHO. I would grind up all the decent stuff (save maybe a bowl or two to try), and run it over a kief screen and it would produce quite a lot. The kief would then get mixed in with the awesome bud during the 10g runs. the kief made a nice impact in both quality and quantity of oil.

qwertypop1,
Top Bottom