My latest ISO adventures :)

oneinfinitecreator

Hey all, recently did some ISO work, thought i'd share it!

First, I water cured about an ounce of ABV (which brought it down to about 20g or so) and ran it doing 2 washes. In all, I got about 1.8g out! Not bad for ABV, IMO... Here's a pic, although it looks gross....

Mah1OgK.jpg

My 2nd run was from the weekend, where I ran about 8.5g of rockstar kush and added about 0.6g of kief to the second run. Ended up with a 2.5g return, which i'm very happy with!

Check out the good stuff:

eflyCpK.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well! peace!

oneinfinitecreator,
Reactions: Buildozer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
NICE!!!! nug is the way to make the good extracts... that's some good QWISO.. nice yeild/skills.

Buildozer,

oneinfinitecreator

Yea, these are two separate runs (different weekends). First pic was ABV only, 2nd pic was nugs + kief :)

and practice makes perfect! It's taken some work to get here with my tek, but it's starting to come together :)

oneinfinitecreator,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Does the batch you made with ABV have a nasty taste or did the water cure remove most of that?

aesthyrian,

oneinfinitecreator

Honestly, it tastes kinda like hay or grass clippings. It's not gross, but it's not tasty either. It's like cough medicine; it doesn't taste very good, but it gets the job done! It's a nice, deep sleepy high - great as a nightcap when i'm approaching dankrupt :)

oneinfinitecreator,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i don't see the water cure being necessary on decarboxylated AVB.:2c:
i just can't see the improvement being worth the time invested.
do you notice a worth wile difference by doing that?

Buildozer,

oneinfinitecreator

It seems to neutralize the taste a bit... if I don't water cure, the oil can taste pretty strong, which isn't bad if you like the taste, but I prefer it to be a little more benign... It's just a cleaner, clearer oil overall, IMO...

I got the idea in the first place from the sticky post about ABV concentrates... but now looking over it, it seems water curing only helps with BHO rather than QWISO, but it still probably helps the taste & quality a little bit. Ah well :p

oneinfinitecreator,

Tree Burner

I have some abv qwiso laying around. It's definitely some nasty stuff compared to using buds, lol. I didn't water cure mine. The taste isn't really strong but it's not good that's for sure.

That 2nd run looks pretty good. Mind me asking your process?

Tree Burner,

oneinfinitecreator

I freeze flowers and ISO. I have a mason jar with silk screen instead of a lid that I freeze the flowers in; I take out of the freezer and I pour the cold ISO in the jar, just covering the material. I do a light 15 second swirl, and then I turn over the mason jar into 2 coffee filters over a pyrex. Only the smallest bits of plant can get through the silk screen, and the coffee filters catch the rest. Sometimes the silk screen is a little slow to drain, but then I just rotate until I find a position that works well. After filtering, I purge open air @ 110F (give or take 10 degrees). From there, scrape up!

Before I got my silk screen, I used to pour into a mesh wire strainer that was over a gold mesh coffee filter with a coffee filter in that. The flowers would separate from the ISO other than a few small bits that got through, but the silk screen makes it all a little easier to do multiple washes (as the material stays in the jar). Hope that helps!

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
It seems to neutralize the taste a bit... if I don't water cure, the oil can taste pretty strong, which isn't bad if you like the taste, but I prefer it to be a little more benign... It's just a cleaner, clearer oil overall, IMO...

I got the idea in the first place from the sticky post about ABV concentrates... but now looking over it, it seems water curing only helps with BHO rather than QWISO, but it still probably helps the taste & quality a little bit. Ah well :p

Could you explain the "only helps BHO rather then QWISO" part further? because in a sense water curing would help QWISO more because ISO is polar and taking out the things that are polar before hand with a water cure should reduce the amount of polar material the ISO could extract...

vaporonly,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Could you explain the "only helps BHO rather then QWISO" part further? because in a sense water curing would help QWISO more because ISO is polar and taking out the things that are polar before hand with a water cure should reduce the amount of polar material the ISO could extract...

I'm assuming he means it leeches out the flavonoids and possibly terpenes, responsible for the taste and smell. I think it would work with both.

Quetzalcoatl,

oneinfinitecreator

Here is my latest work. I have taken some tek from a friend on the reddit boards, and you can find his guide here: http://www.reddit.com/r/QWISOInfo/comments/1gy6o6/qwiso_guide/caoz51s

Basically, freeze material, keep wash times under 10 seconds, and use a syringe+syringe filter or a rigged up cheap version (syringe + hoseclamp and filters of choice) and use it to extract after you wash.

Enjoy!

JMGLHKj.jpg

Top Bottom