My iolite seems like trash!!

nickbw

Hi i bought an iolite vaporizer. The main issue is it dosent seem to get me very high at all i grind up the weed put it in turn it on wait like one or two minutes and then when its done its brown with green and smells like hazle. i smoked 4 bowls out of the iolite at once and it didnt seem to get me very baked at all

nickbw,

yolky

Hi nickbw, If you could please give us a little background on yourself. How long have you been smoking for, both combusting and by vaporization. Also, have you tried any other vapor devices?

yolky,

willieR

Been here since 2009
There have been a couple of people that have had thermostat problems. Not coming up to temp. MDBudz was one that I recall had issues. But if the material is turning brown, seems that it should be working fine.

They're great about servicing the unit, so if in doubt send it in.

The unit is fabulous and has a very loyal following.

willieR,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
A few tips; try holding in your hits, acquiring better material, or letting it heat up a bit longer before ripping it.

The Iolite is an awesome vaporizer, and should get you ripped, no doubt. Tolerance, herbs being vaped, and a multitude of other factors must be considered before you disregard this vaporizer as a piece of 'trash'. :)

SpiralArchitect,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I really feel the vapor, see the vapor with mine and love them... Also any friends that have tried it have all fallen hard for the Iolite. I don't know if yours is not working correctly or what... I was a really heavy smoker and it was one of my first vapes :) My favorite driving vape :D :D

Lo,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
I am a heavy smoker who uses joints, bongs, and pipes. I recently started to vape with the Iolite and had a similar feeling. It took me a week to warm up to it after experimenting with different bowl sizes, warm up time, duration between hits, etc.

My findings were that I would want to give the Iolite some warmup time. Then start grinding the herb, load the bowl, and then put it in. From there, I would wait another 1 or 2 minutes from my first hit. Any subsequent hits will need to wait for atleast one heating cycle.

In regards to getting baked off it it, it's different. It's a creeper high that will hit me after my first one or two bowls. I smoke each bowl for about 10 to 15 minutes.

When I want to get completely ripped, I just end up rolling a fat joint. I get higher faster and hit harder, but will end up smoking more herb.

Maybe you're just missing the carbon monoxide.

quomist,

max

Out to lunch
quomist said:
My findings were that I would want to give the Iolite some warmup time. Then start grinding the herb, load the bowl, and then put it in. From there, I would wait another 1 or 2 minutes from my first hit. Any subsequent hits will need to wait for atleast one heating cycle.
I don't know why you'd turn on the vape, then grind your herb, but I guess that's OK unless the grinding process is going to take a while. Personally, when I grind herb, it's for far more than a bowl or two. So what does that bring your total wait time to, from iolite turn on to first hit? Any more than a couple of minutes total warmup isn't really necessary if you take it easy on your hits.

Any subsequent hits will need to wait for atleast one heating cycle.
That all depends on your definition of a hit-how long and how hard. And hitting a fixed temp vape like this one hard, is not a good idea, since you can't raise the temp to compensate.

I smoke each bowl for about 10 to 15 minutes.
You mean you vape each bowl. ;) That's a packed bowl, and a long time to be sucking on spent herb. Good for situations where reloading is difficult though. I usually prefer a smaller load for the iolite-one I can finish off in a few minutes.

When I want to get completely ripped, I just end up rolling a fat joint. I get higher faster and hit harder....Maybe you're just missing the carbon monoxide.
Carbon monoxide indeed. That's not the only toxin you get with smoke, and the high you get from low dose poisons isn't a good high for me, but some prefer the wasted state you reach with smoke byproducts. User choice.

nickbw said:
i smoked 4 bowls out of the iolite at once and it didnt seem to get me very baked at all
I suspect you're looking for the smoke high. You're not gonna get it from this vape. And if you went through 4 bowls I'd say your tolerance is quite high too. You can get close to the smoke high by cranking up the temp on a vape with a temp control, but the closer you get to combustion, the less sense it makes to bother with vaporizing. You either need to take a break for tolerance purposes, and adjust to the lack of stupor inducing smoke toxins, or just stick to smoking.

max,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
max said:
I don't know why you'd turn on the vape, then grind your herb, but I guess that's OK unless the grinding process is going to take a while. Personally, when I grind herb, it's for far more than a bowl or two. So what does that bring your total wait time to, from iolite turn on to first hit? Any more than a couple of minutes total warmup isn't really necessary if you take it easy on your hits.
I usually only grind enough for the upcoming session. Usually between .7 to a gram. I keep everything in a kit, so it takes me a couple of minutes to get everything ready.

You mean you vape each bowl. wink
Nice catch.

quomist,

The_Algebraist

Yeah, I got rid of my IO after a couple of weeks, just didn't feel like sucking on the tube for 15 minutes while I walk around and what have you while the thing is hissing away. Stepping into a bathroom and taking a couple of quick puffs off of something like the VG was exactly the kind of portability that i was looking for. No weird hissing sounds (if other people are around), a session will last about 2 or 3 minutes, if that, and just as portable as the IO while at a significantly lower price point.

The_Algebraist,
Top Bottom