My First Vaporizer: An E-Journal (Extreme Q v3)

Undermeind

So I received my Extreme Q on Halloween day, and after the holiday festivities ended, my wife and I settled in to try our newest device for the first time.

After digging through all the packaging with all the boxes in larger boxes like Russian nesting dolls, I finally got to all the goods. Everything was very nicely packed with plenty of bubble wrap around all glass parts. And boy were there parts. Of course I’d seen all these extras and accessories in the videos I had watched several unboxings in my pre-purchase research. But, there’s a lot in there and when you’re unpacking and unwrapping it, you realize just how much.

We decided to use the long whip for the first sitting, and I filled the cyclone bowl to the bottom of the black part. I think that was a little too much in the bowl for my taste, but I've still got a lot of experimentation to do with this vaporizer.
It was very relaxing to enjoy our couch ritual with a whip, and the fact that the one bowl did last the entire session without the normal intermittent maintenance added to the relaxation.

On night two we carried it to a friends place and used of one of the two bags that come with the Extreme Q. The friends were skeptical but pleasantly surprised by the flavor of their quality bud that was exacerbated by being vaped. I was happy with the social experience being as nice as smoking as we passed the bag in proper rotation.

I'm also pretty impressed with the efficiency. It was producing two bags of vape with the bowl only about a fifth full. I'm new to vaporizing, but at that rate I should cut my consumption in half at minimum. With some quick and fast calculations, this thing could pay for itself within a few months!

On a funny note, we decided to try a little of the ABV in a bowl after we were good and vaped and we described the experience as two different "highs" coming together to form the familiar feeling we'd normally get from smoking these particular buds. Of course the awful taste and short lived effect were enough to convince me my leftovers will be in recipes and not smoked. Lesson learned. :-)

Nights 3-8:

The efficiency I'm expecting isnt really being realized. I mean, vaporizing does seem more efficient, but I'm not really using it properly yet. Probably because I'm enjoying the new taste of the vape more and just adjusting to the different, albeit cleaner feeling, buzz. I especially like that my lungs are feeling cleaner, and less "heavy," for lack of a better term, the morning after vaping a lot.

I smoked one night with some friends and I could feel it in my lungs the next day and was even a little groggier the next morning than I had been with vaping.

So far, I’m impressed. Vaper for life here, maybe?

Undermeind,

thesoloman

I had an extreem Q for almost 2 years now, the only thing i feel the need to warn you about with it is that the stock tubbing is P.V.C. which says on it safe to 60f, anyways my whip tubing and bag tubing especially got very hot to the touch, finally one day i had enough of inhaling pvc off-gases and grabbed a pair of scissors and cut the tubbing to bits. lol. i have never regretted this. Online you can find far superior tubing made of high heat safe silicon. Im not sure of the brand, but have looked at the tubing before, however i haven't got around to ordering it yet.

thesoloman,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
thesoloman gives good advice. I use this stuff and have been very happy with it.

Enjoy your EQ. It was my first vaporizer as well and it converted me to vapor within a week of getting it.

:peace:

Stu,

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
The EQ is my first vape too, I got mine in January. The only vape I tried before that was a 100 dollar box vape that worked and that got me to like vapor. The EQ instantly got me to love vapor, much more than smoke. I love how the vape is so versitile. Its got whip, bags, you can hook it to a water pipe without buying any adapter, cyclone bowl or elbows, variable temp, fan with whip, and inverse hitting which basicly makes it work it like a heat wand vape (credit to Seek).

I barely combust anymore, and if I do 99% of the time its not my herb. I dont really care much as Im not dead set against it but its no doubt inferior and can be a waste. I got the mflb like 2 months after I git my EQ and I like it but dont use it too much these days because im not really using cannabis on the go for right now, mostly at home. Right now I am saving up a bit of extra money to get a few new vapes in a row but Im sure my Eq will still be in use at times, its the first of my future collection!

Titamius,

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
Can you share about the "elbow technique"? i couldn't find anything on it.
I will.
Instead of loading up the cyclone bowl and putting the whip on top (doesnt work for bags ime) You load up the elblow screen on the end of the whip (the part with ground glass). This gives you thicker hits with less herb, the reason being that the herb is concentrated in that little elbow screen which ALL the heat must pass through. With the cyclone bowl some of the heat will go more around the herb than through it, which isnt neccessarily a bad thing, its all about preference. I used to pack mostly elbows but now Im all about inverse hitting.

Edit: Yes I did forget to mention it goes great with water filtration!:science: And also that it seems to be a better method for kief or hash than hitting it standard with the bowl.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I will.
Instead of loading up the cyclone bowl and putting the whip on top (doesnt work for bags ime) You load up the elblow screen on the end of the whip (the part with ground glass). This gives you thicker hits with less herb, the reason being that the herb is concentrated in that little elbow screen which ALL the heat must pass through. With the cyclone bowl some of the heat will go more around the herb than through it, which isnt neccessarily a bad thing, its all about preference. I used to pack mostly elbows but now Im all about inverse hitting.
I'd recommend water filtration with this technique though ... I used to get an elbow pack down in 1.5 hits with my bubbler ... it's my 2nd favorite vaporizer to date for stationary units. very versatile

JCat,
Reactions: Titamius
Top Bottom