My First Vape, and Experience... 1st Timer's Read

Psymon

I purchased a SSV (Silver Surfer Vape) from vapeworld after having recieved a letter from them explaining a backorder of the Da Boodah, and offering 20% off the SSV.

1st. About the Vape. IT appears to be of incredible quality construction. Very atypical of what I saw, and read about other Vapes. I did a lot of research befor I had ordered. 160 seemed like a deal for the boodah, but 200 for a SSV was awsome.

The Buzz. .. Was.... lackluster. I think my expectations, and anticipation got the better of me here.

The Fuel... As far as.. plant matter goes... It used more that I had expected...

The Jury is still out on a complete judgement... However for right now.. I think I'll still use my bubbler often, and this is unexpected based of what most people were saying about these units.

Psymon,

lwien

Give it some time. Experiment with:
How finely you grind your herb
How dry your herb is
How much you pack in the bowl
Your temp settings
How fast or slow you draw

There is a learning curve, but typically, once you find the right combination of the above, most people will just sit back and go....................WOW !!!

lwien,

Psymon

lwien said:
Give it some time. Experiment with:
How finely you grind your herb
How dry your herb is
How much you pack in the bowl
Your temp settings
How fast or slow you draw

There is a learning curve, but typically, once you find the right combination of the above, most people will just sit back and go....................WOW !!!
Does moist herb work better then dry? Mine was dry the first time I tried it, but then I made my own humidor for it, and let it get a little moisture back.. This appeared to help... Does that mean I was too hot while it was dry, or not hot enough?

Psymon,

yolky

Hi Psymon... no, typically the drier your spice is, the better. Moist spice is NOT what you want.

yolky,

Frickr

as stated before, experiement. thats part of the fun with vaporizing is the ability to try differant things. the first time i vaped with a real vape i thought it wasnt that great. but given time to adjust i much rather perfer vaping over smoking. both in the high and in the feel of the hits.

give it some time, i say just use your ssv for a week solid, play around with it, and find out what works for you. also read up on other peoples techniques and adapt them to fit your needs.

also, h ow does your ABV look? you can tell alot by the color of that. and how were the hits you were getting? were they thick and tasty or thin? (thickness is guaged by what you blow out, if its hardly anything then you might need to turn up the heat, if its smokey turn it down.)

Frickr,

Psymon

I don't think my surfer is getting hot enough... I cannot manage to burn my plant matter...

Psymon,

Frickr

post up a picture of your abv. that will be the easiest dianosis

Frickr,

Qbit

cannabanana
If the weed still has green in it, nudge the temp up a bit and make sure it all goes brown. Some people don't like to brown their weed through, or even at all, but at least when you do you'll know that you should be getting a proper hit.

And don't draw too hard - nice and slow to soak up those thick hits. I can't say I've used an SSV myself, but I know from the others here that it's a very respectable vape you've got there. Read the SSV thread (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3) and hassle the locals there if you don't find answers to your questions already offered.

Qbit,

Psymon

Ok, I'm getting more effective useage now...

It takes a little big of tweaking with the packed amount of plant matter, and suspect this was the cause of the lack of quality buzz.

The effect is more subtle, and doesn't just crash in on you.. "It sneaks up on you." as I like to say.

My lungs don't feel any different yet.. like some others have stated.. but this may come with a little more time..

Psymon,

Qbit

cannabanana
Psymon said:
Ok, I'm getting more effective useage now...

It takes a little big of tweaking with the packed amount of plant matter, and suspect this was the cause of the lack of quality buzz.

The effect is more subtle, and doesn't just crash in on you.. "It sneaks up on you." as I like to say.

My lungs don't feel any different yet.. like some others have stated.. but this may come with a little more time..
Yeah bit by bit you'll figure out what works best - whether it's temperature, draw speed and technique, how dry and ground up your weed is, or how much of it you pack into each load.

And yeah the buzz does tend to creep up rather than knock you over the head. The general theory behind this is that it's mostly due to the fact you're missing out on the various bonus gasses and exhaust from the smoking. These certainly have an effect on your system, and a rapid one at that (try smoking a pipe of dried lawn clippings and see how it feels).

But the cannabinoids, which is what we're really after, tend to take a while to kick in properly (10-15 mins to peak effectafter inhalation). Of course if you've spend years smoking weed, you'll have come to associate that 'dirty high' part with getting stoned, so taking that away can make you feel like you're not getting the full effect.

Mind you there will be some level of certain cannabinoids left in the weed you vapourize, and they tend to be ones that give you a more of a sedative effect. But you can always crank the temp up a bit on the SSV if you want to pretty much drain the weed dry, or just cook or iso wash the leftovers. Raising the temperatre will make for a less healthy hit, but it'll still easily beat smoking.

Here's a simple method for gaining a finer appreciation for the various effects of vapour produced at different temperatures:

- Pack a load big enough to last at least a couple of hours, and drop the temperature dial to a point where you get no visible vapour at all, and you only taste flavour.

- Hit that, wait for it to kick in, then notch it up a bit.

- Hit it again, then raise the temp again.

- Repeat as many times as you like, short of burning the weed.

You should notice a shift from a very spacey buzz at the low end to the sedative effects I spoke of at the upper end. Enjoy!

Qbit,
Top Bottom