My E-Cig Project

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I plan to turn this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19376

into this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcukaPfTUKA

Except mine will be black, the switch wont be on the end, and a red LED will light up when i press the switch. The cost of buying a screwdriver ( the youtube video ) is about $150.. as long as i dont fuck up really bad my homemade screwdriver will only cost me like $40.

Ill update this will pictures / etc if anyone is interested.

Survivalism,

Jacopone

What you are trying to do is really intriguing.
Please send update as you progress in the development of your project

Jacopone,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
i most definatly will, its going to take anywhere from a week to a month to receive my stuff from dealextreme most likely.

Survivalism,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I have bought everything i need for this, am currently waiting for it all to be delivered.. id please ask that EVERY SINGLE PERSON PLEASE, PLEASE sign and fill out this petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/keep-life-saving-electronic-cigarettes-available

I have been spending alot of time with these " vapers " and despite my many dissagreements with pretty much everything.. i cannot deny what the e-cig has done for these peoples lives. Please help keep this product on the market so it can continue to save lives.

Survivalism,

djelimon

the guy in the vid kept referring to vapour, but the stuff looked like smoke. What temperature do those things reach?

djelimon,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
It is indeed vapor djelimon, these e-cigs are basically mini fog machines. I myself have looked for quite awhile to find what temp these vape at but i cannot seem to find it.

Survivalism,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
survivalism...I just finally checked out your links...is the vid of a guy using the nicotine cartridges? I remember you were all over the e-cig thread I just linked to. Did you ever get an e-cig?

stickstones,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Yes, i am buying this for 2 reasons, so i can quit smoking and so i can experiment with a THC glycerine tincture. I have a DSE901b on the way and im going to use the 901 atomizer and cart with my e-cig project.

The thread that we discussed for weed usage i came to the conclussion that an everclear based green dragon was the way to go. After tons of research i realised that the e-cigs do indeed use heat to vaporize so i didnt want to be using everclear.

I dont remember who but someone in chat recommended that i look into using a glycerine based tincture.. which is exactly what i need haha. A glycerine tincture is just mixing vegetable glycerine and weed ( like an oz ) and heating and stirring, or letting it sit for a month.

Im not sure that the glycerine tincture will be potent enough though, an average e-smoker vapes about 1-2 ml of e-liquid a day.

Survivalism,

02llse

This would be very interesting to see if you could smoke thc substance out of this.

02llse,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I hope to find out some day, i got the flashlight for this today, its SO BRIGHT, i feel bad im going to chop it up.. im gonna have to try and buy another one. Hoping my actualy e-cig comes by saturday so i can get this thing made.

Survivalism,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Tested my electrical skills today by making whats called a USB passthrough. I took a USB cord and attached it to a tactile switch that attaches to my e-cig. Instead of using batteries and finicky suction switches i can use a USB port or my zune charger plugged into an electrical socket for power.

Consistant HUGE vapor, absolutely love it. Doesnt look pretty but this was a test of my abilities, will be making my screwdriver soon.

1000898k.jpg

1000899c.jpg

Survivalism,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I have not tested this with weed yet but i have been smoke free for 11 easy days, i got 2 days of use out of one of my screwdriver batts haha :D

Survivalism,

frogbmth

Well done on going smoke free, you are home and dry now :D

I havent smoked since 9 Feb, and feel so much better for it. Nice mods!

Andy

frogbmth,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
frogbmth said:
Well done on going smoke free, you are home and dry now :D

I havent smoked since 9 Feb, and feel so much better for it. Nice mods!

Andy
Thanks man, it feels really good to be smoke free, i took a drag off a friends cig a few days ago and it was absolutely disgusting, i couldnt beleive i used to actually like the taste of cigs haha.

Survivalism,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I have completely quit smoking now, no actual cigarettes, no e-cig, no nicotine. It just happened.. it was so easy.

Survivalism,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Right on, Surv! :tup:

Would you say the ecig helped at all?

I'm looking into getting screwdrivers for some friends, thanks for the heads up on that.

vtac,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Oh man, i couldnt recomend the e-cig enough, as everyone knows quitting isnt easy. Quitting with the e-cig was SO EASY it just happened, i realised i hadnt used my e-cig in 2 days and it clicked, i was done.

Survivalism,

Beezleb

Keep on Keepin on Survivalism and Congrats and I wish you continued success.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom