My counterfeit experience...

basement farmer

My face is melting...
So, I made the decision a year ago or so that emphysema wasn't my thing and that I'd give vaporizing a whirl.

After a few hours of intense research I figured that the MFLB would be a good fit for me in many ways, especially in terms of my finances. And t seemed to have universally positive reviews everywhere I looked.

I "scored" one cheap off of amazon.com....how could I possibly go wrong?

After less than a dozen sessions it got tossed with contempt into my drawer. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what all the hype was about. Maybe it was me, maybe this vaporization thing was a bunch of bull shit. In fact, I got more of a buzz from the oxygen deprivation involved drawing from it than the vapor that it generated.

Welllll, eventually I sent it to Sticks and Stones because he was looking for one cheap and I had one that was barely used that I had no use for. I was so disenchanted with it that I let him decide what he felt it was worth.

So fate dealt me a harsh hand and as it turns out it's an apparently a well crafted rip off. In fact, S&S didn't even realize it himself until he tried to warranty it to fix the trench that I had scorched in the futile attempt to generate vapor.

So a couple of lesson that I came away with:

- Apparently there's enough money in fake vaporizors that someone is willing to put a fair amount of effort into making them. This surprises me a bit because it's not like it's a piece of cutting edge electronics. An iPod Air maybe, but a entry level weed vaporizor?

- It's probably a good idea to buy from a reputable dealer. I obviously didn't. Yeah, it was a retailer listed on amazon and one that had generally positive reviews. But that's no guarantee. A few well written and non-confrontational emails to the retailer(s) has yielded zero results. The box was sold by puffnuggs.com through onlinedealzone.com through amazon.com.....just in case anyone is wondering.

- If I had fully investigated the MFLB site I probably would've learned that there are fakes out there. (Though I live a charmed life and this kind of thing never happens to me, so I probably would've ignored the warnings anyway). However, in my defense, S&S didn't realize it was a fake either until he went looking for a serial #.

- I do regret bad mouthing the piece as I had in a few of the threads on this forum. I know that I wasn't the only one who had a negative thing or two to say about it, so if you are one of those people who has a vaporizor that you dislike despite everyone else loving it, you may want to look into seeing if it's a legitimate product.

So there you have it, let my misfortune be a lesson for others. I'm just glad I didn't totally give up on vaping and all the good that goes along with it.

Last edited:

EveryDayAmnesiac

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I did pretty much the same thing with my legitimate MFLB, as I was still a newbie at that point! :lol:

Course, I guess most here on FC would still consider me a newbie... :\

These counterfeiters though.... they make me madder than a yak in heat. :goat:

Yeah, it's not a yak, but.... just go with it.

Yep... stoned enough to think everything I think is funny...

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
These counterfeiters though.... they make me madder than a yak in heat. :goat:

Yeah, it's not a yak, but.... just go with it.
I hate counterfeit yaks...
5c4805ce14750ecb570b6fbf64b637b7c28e8ff5d5fb0926748f68eae52d4163.jpg

Top Bottom