1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

My counterfeit experience...

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by basement farmer, Jul 3, 2014.

1. basement farmer

basement farmer My face is melting...

So, I made the decision a year ago or so that emphysema wasn't my thing and that I'd give vaporizing a whirl.

After a few hours of intense research I figured that the MFLB would be a good fit for me in many ways, especially in terms of my finances. And t seemed to have universally positive reviews everywhere I looked.

I "scored" one cheap off of amazon.com....how could I possibly go wrong?

After less than a dozen sessions it got tossed with contempt into my drawer. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what all the hype was about. Maybe it was me, maybe this vaporization thing was a bunch of bull shit. In fact, I got more of a buzz from the oxygen deprivation involved drawing from it than the vapor that it generated.

Welllll, eventually I sent it to Sticks and Stones because he was looking for one cheap and I had one that was barely used that I had no use for. I was so disenchanted with it that I let him decide what he felt it was worth.

So fate dealt me a harsh hand and as it turns out it's an apparently a well crafted rip off. In fact, S&S didn't even realize it himself until he tried to warranty it to fix the trench that I had scorched in the futile attempt to generate vapor.

So a couple of lesson that I came away with:

- Apparently there's enough money in fake vaporizors that someone is willing to put a fair amount of effort into making them. This surprises me a bit because it's not like it's a piece of cutting edge electronics. An iPod Air maybe, but a entry level weed vaporizor?

- It's probably a good idea to buy from a reputable dealer. I obviously didn't. Yeah, it was a retailer listed on amazon and one that had generally positive reviews. But that's no guarantee. A few well written and non-confrontational emails to the retailer(s) has yielded zero results. The box was sold by puffnuggs.com through onlinedealzone.com through amazon.com.....just in case anyone is wondering.

- If I had fully investigated the MFLB site I probably would've learned that there are fakes out there. (Though I live a charmed life and this kind of thing never happens to me, so I probably would've ignored the warnings anyway). However, in my defense, S&S didn't realize it was a fake either until he went looking for a serial #.

- I do regret bad mouthing the piece as I had in a few of the threads on this forum. I know that I wasn't the only one who had a negative thing or two to say about it, so if you are one of those people who has a vaporizor that you dislike despite everyone else loving it, you may want to look into seeing if it's a legitimate product.

So there you have it, let my misfortune be a lesson for others. I'm just glad I didn't totally give up on vaping and all the good that goes along with it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  2. EveryDayAmnesiac

EveryDayAmnesiac I am a stupid asshole.

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I did pretty much the same thing with my legitimate MFLB, as I was still a newbie at that point! :lol:

Course, I guess most here on FC would still consider me a newbie... :\

These counterfeiters though.... they make me madder than a yak in heat. :goat:

Yeah, it's not a yak, but.... just go with it.

Yep... stoned enough to think everything I think is funny...

3. SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

I hate counterfeit yaks...
    [​IMG]

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors