My contribution to the all-glass, enail powered, dry herb vape

nonamekevin

Hello friends,

First, I don't know if I would call this a true diy, as I did not blow the glass myself. I only designed the piece and commissioned a glass blower to make it.

Anyway, I drew inspiration from the Elev8r vape. It is by far the heaviest vape I've used, and my primary heat source is a modified 16mm enail coil.

I love the elev8r, but wanted something that would be a direct drop in to a coil, which the elev8r is not. Where the elev8r uses "nubs" as the heat sink, this piece uses Boro rods that cross the diameter of the joint in a criss cross pattern. The entire piece is made from borosilicate.

In an attempt to make it dual purpose, dry herb and concentrate, I had the glass blower add a small tube to the top half, so that dabs could be had if one wanted. I have not attempted dabs yet.
20200310-093731.jpg

20200310-093750.jpg

20200310-093740.jpg

20200310-093814.jpg

20200312-211816.jpg

There are things I would change. For example, I designed the piece to drop into the coil, but didn't consider what would keep the coil onto the piece (duh!) For now, I have a piece of 316L SS wire holding the coil to the glass.

I took the smallest hit at 750 from my coil, just to kind of have a proof of concept. It works. I've cut my consumption back quite a bit, so I don't know if I will design a version 2.

:rockon:

nonamekevin

You already heard it from me but I'll say it again, the built in dab dish is super unique and interesting, kinda like elev8r meets flowerpot :rockon:Super cool stuff dude!
Thanks bro, I appreciate bouncing ideas off of you!:rockon:

Woah ! Nice one :))!You plan on making any videos ? :))
I might try and get a quick vid in this weekend. Slowly coming back to cannabis, so I don't know if I'm ready for dabs or combo hits. :science:

nonamekevin

Well, I had to give it a try. Please forgive me for not using an actual carb cap.

I weighed out 0.03g of purple punch and put it in the bowl after the dab. Super light hit, I just don't think it was enough to build up proper heat. The picture below shows the aftermath, super green still cause it was a light ass hit.

20200313-173553.jpg

Two goals for this vape; drop into commercially available 20mm coil with no coil modifications and to vape dry herb 100F less than my Elev8r coil. I did not achieve that last part, this piece is marginally better at extraction compared to the elev8r. The boro rods don't provide enough mass and the glass/coil interface isn't tight enough. Then the problem becomes, if I turn up the coil for the dry herb, the dabbing part becomes less enjoyable.

Definitely, if I decide to take another shot at this, some changes will be made. The fun part about this, and what really interests me, is the design process, so the wheels are already turning! :science:

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, stays safe, and looks out for one another. :rockon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom