My combustion story

Titamius

Developing Connoisseur & Vaporist
Hello FC, first off I would like to say that I love this forum, and I appreciate it in adance to those who read this long post. I have been lurking for about 7 months and this is my first thread, although I have posted. I have learned a great deal in this 7 months about not only vaporizing, but cannabis in general. And THANK YOU for that!:cool:
Now to start my story, I have only been using mj in total about four years, but I am still young, only 19. I started smoking when I was 15 occasionaly with two of my old friends with joints or a little cheap pipe that nowadays I would call a peice of garbage. but I didnt combust every day until I was 16. Then I was starting to hit bongs (not expensive ones), blunts, and better pipes and could (and probably still can) roll quite well.
But then when we started hanging our with more and more people things started to turn. I'm sure many of you know what the bucket or waterfall bong is. Of course we did that, but some of the people we hung out with wanted a portable one. this on the internet is called a "lung" but for some reason we called it a parachute. and they made it big. they used 2L bottles all the time, at one point the one big stoner made one out of 2 2Ls connected. biggest smoke hits you cold ever take, no joke. the same guy made a party parachute with a water cooler jug, he brewed it and passed it around. Unless it was the party chute, you were expected to take the whole thing.:uhoh:
When I was 17 I started making homemade bongs due to lack of money, and being 17 it would be a hassle for someone to get me one. I made so much stuff, it makes me laugh. I was starting to smoke by myself more, I was very used to the herb at this point, and I stopped hanging out with whom I used to. In this I was also avoiding the fad that had hit teenage stoners, poppers. This is when the person modifys a bong (many times they just use a bottle) so that there is no choke or slide, just a tube so that the cherry can be pulled through. They rip off a peice of cigarette and to my dismay pack their tasty kush over it. They light it and once the weed is gone they suck as hard as they can so that they pull the tobacco through. It gives them a head rush from the tobbaco and a big hit of mj smoke at once, and many people actually get addicted to them, even if they don't smoke tobacco. Even my buddies nowadays take poppers, makes me sick. :puke: IMO it is the dirtiest way of consuming mj, worse than joints with tobacco. I took a few that I remember and I can say they are harsh as fuck,taste disgusting, but hit you hard, but I said screw that, I'm stickin with straight weed.
that same year I hung out with an old friend that I've known for years and being 3 years older than me he taught me alot about cannabis too. He had a few good bongs, gave me my first keif and oil hits, and... gave me my first vaping experience! We have both been busy so I am not sure if he still vapes, but he had a crappy vaporbros knockoff that worked. In fact thinking back I'm surprised how well it worked. but as I said, we both got busy, so it would be another 2 years till I vape again.
Before I turned 18, I got a decent job for my age and, with more money, stated buying bongs and stuff, no more homemades. I even got a gasmask at one point. Of course I also started smoking amounts of weed that I would nowadays shake my head to. It was bong bowl after bong bowl for me. Around that time i got a big roll of hempwick. Also having a 4 pc grinder, started getting keif. ever since then I have alway loved saving my keif, some dont see the point but I do. At this time I started getting really into researching on the internet about random things I am interested in, cannabis being one of them. I lurked many forums and watched videos. My friend at one point, showed me tokin daily on youtube, I watched that every day for a while, still do sometimes too. As I watched him with his SSV I thought, It'd be cool if I had a vape, remembering when I tried it. I also started to lurk FC when I was 18 seeing how it has better overall unbiased bud knowledge than any other forum. but I still didnt know when I would get one myself. But then one day, I went to a headshop I dont nomally go to to see if they had any nice bongs. They did, but then I turned around and saw an EQ staring me in the eye. Needless to say I got nothing that day, but only cause I didn't have enough money for it. Next paycheck I went straight to that headshop and grabbed that thing. It cost me my whole paycheck and I had no money left for buds. And that was a horrible 2 weeks, but the last time I've been dry thanks to this thing by my bedside. It has cut my consumption in half. I have now had it for 5 months and in that timespan I have also upgraded my cheap 4 peice to a decent coffee grinder(it has more pure keif if you know how to collect it IME but my 4 pc was cheap.), gotten a MFLB, and gotten a 420 scope so I can examine my buds and keif. It works quite well. Lately I have been learning so much about this plant and I'm always gonna be trying to learn more, thats why I call myself a Developing Connoisseur.
In conclusion, although I am no where near ready to say fuck combustion, I can say screw combustion because I barely do it anymore, especially since I got my LB. I love being the vaporist when everyone else I know mindlessly combusts poppers and whatnot. Even if I do combust I wont do it unless its a glass peice and I have hempwick... and no tobacco. So, Thanks again for reading my story of how I rose above the rest in my city, cheers to you FC!:clap:

Titamius,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Welcome to FC man, and congrats on almost fucking combustion youll get there. Now when i accidentally combust in my SSV i blow that nasty tasting smoke out od my bong. Lol

Puffers,

Titamius

Thanks, Puffers. I love to vaporbong with my EQ, and I've never combusted in it. I still can't wait to get an SSV though. It looks awesome.

Titamius,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Nice post Titamius. If you're looking at vaporbongiing check out the LSV by the folks that make the SSV. It's more of a water tool than the SSV and I really dig mine :2c:

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: Nycdeisel

sunsett70

titamius, welcome to FC. this coming from a DBV owner, please check out the latest log vapes (UD,hi, etc) before you buy anything as the latest types can both conserve & hit hard, especially if you like using them with glass pieces.

Titamius

Thanks guys, I've never tried a log vape but yea I'll be sure look into one of those in the near future, I would need a GonG attachment right? Because with my EQ I just connect the whip with the tube for the bag. Not that I need to vaporbong, but I love it.
And I havnt heard of the LSV, but that looks like something I would enjoy for sure! So many cool vapes out there, its great! Havn't combusted this month, not gonna.

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I would also recommend the log vapes with a variable power supply, hooked up to glass, they are amazing :)

Elluzion,

sunsett70

@Titamius

i don't know about 18mm bongs/bubblers but my UD stem fits a 14mm bubbler well without any need for further gong stuff.

sunsett70,

Greenscreen

Thanks guys, I've never tried a log vape but yea I'll be sure look into one of those in the near future, I would need a GonG attachment right? Because with my EQ I just connect the whip with the tube for the bag. Not that I need to vaporbong, but I love it.
And I havnt heard of the LSV, but that looks like something I would enjoy for sure! So many cool vapes out there, its great! Havn't combusted this month, not gonna.

you can use the elbow from your Q as a gong attachment for 18mm with UD vape's but I'm unsure on other log vapes.

Greenscreen,

Titamius

Great, that means I would be able to use pretty much any glass with a UD if I were to get one. What are some differences between quality log vape units? They all look great but I am confused on how they differ in function.

Titamius,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Great, that means I would be able to use pretty much any glass with a UD if I were to get one. What are some differences between quality log vape units? They all look great but I am confused on how they differ in function.

They all work pretty similarly in terms of a core that heats up and then you draw hot air over the herbs. BUT! some of them have more restriction in the draw than others. For ex: with the CRZ, PD, MZ, etc, the seal between stem and core isn't air tight so you have some restriction and air flow coming from the outside. With the UD & i think HI?, they use silicone to make perfect seal, so you extract the goodies much faster since you are pulling straight from the core and not getting the cool air from the outside like the others. It all depends if you are looking for casual chill sessions or quick hard hits. But in the end, now with the VV power supplies you can change temps and tailor any of these vapes to fit your needs, and you can change screen placement in the UD to draw out your sessions. I would try them all if I were you :)

Elluzion,

Titamius

I would try them all if I were you :)
My thoughts exactly right when I was getting to this part of your post.:lol: VV power supplies? Never heard of that before on here and it sounds very interesting, I'll have to look into it once I get a log vape. Is that the variable power supply you mentioned earlier?

Titamius,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
My thoughts exactly right when I was getting to this part of your post.:lol: VV power supplies? Never heard of that before on here and it sounds very interesting, I'll have to look into it once I get a log vape. Is that the variable power supply you mentioned earlier?

Yeah VV stands for variable voltage. Normally log vapes come with a 12v adapter that can reach voltages of up to 13.5v, and you can also get a 13.5v adapter that can reach voltages of up to 15v's, but with everyone's power grid and location temperatures fluctuate. With the VV, you can dial in the exact voltage you want or increase it as time goes on. It basically just gives you a lot of wiggle room in terms of your personal preference and whether you want more flavorful hits, or harder medicating effects.. I would say start out with just the standard power adapter, and see how you feel about it and whether it suits your needs or not. If it doesn't, don't give up and know you can always get a VV and experiment :)

Elluzion,

Titamius

Great explaination, Elluzion. I have a feeling I'll be wanting that eventually, for now I get huge clouds if I want to with my EQ. sooner or later I'll switch out daily drivers and by then I'll have another vape to keep it fresh too... I have a whole new addiction.

Titamius,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Ahhh FC's very own disorder VAS (vaporizer acquistion syndrome) has found you i see. Normally the only thing that helps keep it in check is........being broke hahaha

Puffers,
Reactions: Titamius
Top Bottom