My cat likes to watch things fall down

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
And its pissing me off...

ANYTHING (Anything) left on the edge of any surface is fair game. Its not that he likes to knock shit off to play with it afterwords, he just likes to watch it fall to the ground. Most recently was my wireless router that I have out in my man cave. Came outside and it was sprawled out on the floor (again).

Hes a lovely blue kitty, but damn if he isnt ornery and mischievous. Makes me want to spank his little kitty butt (next to his little blue kitty balls that need to be removed)

AGBeer,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Maybe after you neuter him, he will settle down, and stop doing that. ;)

On the other hand, we have a couple cats like that, and all our cats are spayed/neutered. :lol:

Vicki,
You should get a dog so the cat has someone to blame it on. Imagining this is cracking me up over here.

SkeletonLips,

lwien

SkeletonLips said:
You should get a dog so the cat has someone to blame it on.
Yup. Cats are pretty fucking smart and could easily pull that off, while the dog is goin', "Huh?" :lol:

lwien,
Since my wife is in the cat rescue business (works with Humane Society and others) we have accumulated cats like most people do magazine subscriptions. :o

Ten at last count (not positive but that's what she tells me) and all of them have some little behavioral quirk. Several are primal hunters and bring snakes, mice and moles into the house. Two of them are fascinated with water, running or not, from any container or faucet. One is totally queer for pens (so that they must be hidden or lost) and one routinely pulls my router and dsl modem off the back of my desk.

I bought a replacement router just in case.;)
Thank god they haven't noticed the little dragonfly perched on the edge of my MZ ... yet.

Howie Feltersnatch,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i think my cats get tired of sleeping ... where's the cat internet?

i'm designing a cat toy using a PIC processor (now that i have a few on hand) to keep them busy all day. It will randomly start up and roll around the floor, dropping kitty treats if they interact, then go get a recharge (kind of like the Roomba -- which, by the way, if you have pets you MUST get a Rooooomba).

Hippie Dickie,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Howie Feltersnatch said:
Since my wife is in the cat rescue business (works with Humane Society and others) we have accumulated cats like most people do magazine subscriptions. :o
We also rescue cats, and work with TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) for the outside feral cats. It's a very rewarding job. :D

Vicki,

collegerower

My cat does the EXACT same thing. He loves to simply push stuff off the edge of anything. It gets old quick.

collegerower,

steiner666

Serial vapist
lol i guess my cats not as unique as i thought. he's always reaching one paw up on my desk to blindly bat shit around until something falls off. Now days he looks at me after he knocks something off, i think its to see what sort of reaction he gets out of me.

On the positive side, it helps motivate me to keep things put away, out of reach of the cat-burglar.

steiner666,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Exactly! He is BLUE, he is LOVING, he is SOFT but damn if he isnt a booty-hole that loves to knock shit over!

I love my kittays personalities. All 3 of them have different ones, and I love them all for different reasons. But damn it! Stop knocking shit over just to watch it fall!

I almost forgot, he managed to (almost) ruin a laptop of mine knocking a cup of water over on to it.
Damn soft blue balled butthead!!

AGBeer,

roger plywood

we used to put my cats toy mouse on top of his scratching post just to annoy him. he couldn't walk past without knocking it off.

roger plywood,

reprobate

vaporer
One of the two cats that owns us does this intermittently; he's a cross-eyed snowshoe Siamese named, all too appropriately, Peeve.

When he isn't caterwauling, puking, peeing, pooping, sleeping, interrupting your sleeping by jumping on you or purring in your ear or whatever else he's decided to do to piss people off, he'll go up to something and, flexing his little cat wrist, bump something with his paw. If it moves he bumps it again and again until it falls off whatever it was on.

On the plus side he likes to retrieve, particularly those little paper-wrapped cough drops or candies which have the foofy ends, although he won't get near menthol ones.

Stupid cat. :rolleyes:

reprobate,
Here is a loaf of sourdough bread I made FROM SCRATCH the other day. My wife left it out on the counter and I found it like this:
bread.jpg

It was actually in the middle of the living room when I found it, but put it back on the counter for pic taking.
Here is a closeup:

breadclose.jpg

Note the thousands of tiny holes in the bag and the enormous quantity of crumbs in the bag? Obviously, the bread is trash now, considering where their little claws go every day!

Howie Feltersnatch,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Man, I love that about my cats! (Okay, maybe not) but they are good for comedic value. The other day, my blue kitty (Ashes) tried to get into a bag of dried apricots I had opened recently. He knocked it off the table, and managed to pull several of them out of the bag. He then stole one of them and ran away to hide it somewhere...

He sure is pissed at me now though. We are dog sitting for a HUGE golden retriever. He is not a pleased kitty right now...

AGBeer,
Top Bottom