MY BELOVED GBD SIDECAR FRIT BUBBLER

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Ok guys, I've got my eye on a new piece and since I'll be spending a bunch of money on the ascent in a few days, the ol' lady isn't letting me spend any on new glass! So I'm going to part with my fritted sidecar bubbler from glass blowers direct. So here goes. GBD sidecar frit bubbler w/ removeable mouthpiece. height to top of can is roughly 9", overall height with mp attached is about 11". 5 mm glass but id say thicker. This thing is a stacker for sure! This is #1 in a series of this bubbler that has been blown and I was the original co-designer along with Sam. Anyways hit me up if you have questions or offers. I want $325 and that covers paypal and CONUS bombproof insured shipping.

heres pics:
oqddp2.jpg

4r3x5k.jpg

353cvia.jpg

25p4jfa.jpg

34ybsit.jpg

and a vid of it in action:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Sorry guys, I'm not sure actually it's a little bit bigger around than a solo. Is that 50mm?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Seems He charged you a lot more for your frit than mine.
You dont need to call him out on the price in his classified ad. Im sure hes trying to make a few bucks to fund his next purchase. Also by getting it here you know your getting a quality piece, you dont have to wait for it to get produced and you getting the 1st one that was made.

mod note: "Trying to make a few bucks" is not what Classified is for, and against the rules-
  • This section is provided as a service for members to exchange unused or unwanted items. It is not a place to sell items above retail value for a profit or to unload a large surplus. Caveat emptor.

Mynameismud,

loadthetrenchdawg

You dont need to call him out on the price in his classified ad. Im sure hes trying to make a few bucks to fund his next purchase. Also by getting it here you know your getting a quality piece, you dont have to wait for it to get produced and you getting the 1st one that was made.

Fair enough. I made the post on a mods call, not my own. If people are OK paying more than retail from an active glassblower on FC, I'll leave it at that. The info's here now.

loadthetrenchdawg,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
It's all good. No need to call him out. He has a piece that is very similar so he knows what-a-bouts I paid. Although it does seem that Sam favored him a bit over me (the co-designer). I paid a little more for mine than he did but it also has more color. I am going to make about 30 bucks but the buyer won't have to wait 2-weeks (sometimes longer) to get their piece.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
When we get a report that someone is selling something for more than $100 over retail we do request that that information be posted for the benefit of our members and possible clarification.

As the classifieds rules state, this section is provided as a service for members to exchange unused or unwanted items. It is not a place to sell items above retail value for a profit.

vtac,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
IT'S NOT 100$ over retail!!!!!!! I don't care what Sam charged him! I know what I was charged! This is easily a 350-400$ piece at a lhs. I thought I was doing the buyer a solid! I'll just pull it and sell it local.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

loadthetrenchdawg

IT'S NOT 100$ over retail!!!!!!! I don't care what Sam charged him! I know what I was charged! This is easily a 350-400$ piece at a lhs. I thought I was doing the buyer a solid! I'll just pull it and sell it local.

To clarify. After talking with V&C via private message, I believe we came to the conclusion that he was only selling it for $30 above retail after paypal/shipping. Much cheaper than a LHS for sure. Not exactly cheaper than the blower himself, but without the wait I suppose.

I never meant to cause too much of a stir, just thought people should know the tube can be had for cheaper direct from the blower.

loadthetrenchdawg,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yes the tube can be bought cheaper but I promise my turn around time is much much much faster than buying it direct.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: ogcook
Top Bottom