My ABV Experience

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
2.5g's of super fine ground ABV + 1 HEFTY scoop of ben n' jerry's ice cream(i had ate dinner with plenty of fat in it that night as well for it to absorb into), and whipped it up and ate it in a few bites and washed it down....not bad.... pretty good buzz but ate it late at night so i fell alseep, waking up for work, i get out of bed and i can barley balance or walk.... i regain some sense and finally walk to the bathroom to see my eyes red as hell. then i just begin to puke everything from my stomach til its dry, all of the ABV clearly undigested plant matter....tasted so disgusting. I felt sick, beyond hung over, called off work that day and spent the day flushing my body with food n water. I have plenty of tolerance to handle this much thc...ive had edibles stronger than that....

so anyways....yeah im afraid to try anymore ABV edibles now haha

Xchadb,

JustOnCloud9

Ate the Kumo Kumo no mi
@Xchadb Jesus that sounds awful. My first experience with an ABV edible was not perfect as well.

I used the recipe in this thread from grasscity to make canna-oil. Shows how easy it is to make.
http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...-easiest-single-serving-canna-oil-recipe.html

I put a lil bit more than 3 grams of ABV into one of those baking sheets to make cupcakes and I can't recall how much oil but I did not attempt to put it in proportion to the ABV at all. I was hasty, had no dank, and was tryna get high. AFter mixing the WHOLE product of cannaoil (I had strained out the ABV of course) with some ben and jerry's ice cream and ate it I waited impatiently for me to get baked. After an hour and not really feeling anything I went to sleep disapointed.

Then, and idk how many hours had passed, I woke up...and It felt like every cell in my body was smoking a Big Fat Fucking Blunt. I was high like that for like 8-12 hours...TOO hiigh infact. I had an awful headache that came and went, had insatiable cotton mouth, And kept falling asleep and waking up constantly.

It was INCREDIBLE and TERRIBLE at the same time. I cannot stress enough the paradox I had experienced.

JustOnCloud9,

Tuck

That's why you extract it. Sure you can just eat ABV, but like you have discovered it tastes about as good as it smells. If you extract it you can get 3g's of ABV into a 1ml coconut oil capsule or a chocolatey fudge brownie. Although in the future, I'd start with 1g of ABV.

This is like saying "I ate some meat raw and it was nasty so now I'm afraid of eating meat."

Another thing to keep in mind is to not fall asleep after eating edibles. It's a common theme. Everyone eats the brownies and says they aren't feeling anything but all of the sudden fall asleep 45 minutes after eating and then they wake up in a trippy, ultra-fucked up state. It's much better to stay awake and take the ride.

I ate about 5 grams of ABV mixed with peanut butter and spreadon graham crackers a few days ago and didn't get sick. Nice mellow high for about 8 hours after it kicked in.

SpaceKracker,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
not trying to say its bad dont do it....just sharing my experience... but yesterday i tried again, pleasant experience. ate two freshly vaped EQ bowls. weighed out to only be .5 did the ice cream thing with no extraction, and i didnt fall asleep. took a long time to kick in but it was the same high just not so intense. i really dont enjoy the abv high... extracted or not its the same high for me, almost feels very dehydrating... almost like a buzzed hung over feeling.... can imagine it helping with pain and sleep tho! and it was also free

no wonder this stuff is so bad for dogs...they must feel like shit after eating many grams of this stuff

Xchadb,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Here my horrible, horrible, experience... posted in another thread:

A couple of weekends ago I discovered something called "firecrackers". It 's peanut butter or Nutella sandwich with ABV in it. Then microwaved for a minute and a half (I think).

So I tried a firecracker with .7 Grams ABV. My ABV is fairly green - barely browned.

.7 Grams didn't do much at all to me.

Next weekend I tried 1.2G. I starting feeling funny. I also drank a little. Then I got super tired and fell asleep (I knew already this is a bad idea).

I woke up tripping balls and basically unable to function or think, much like a bad trip. I felt bad because I was mentally retarded, and feared I would stay that way. I forced myself to go to sleep, although I would have had a hard time just getting out of bed, it was a living nightmare.

I literally felt retarded and brain dead, like I woke up in the middle of a movie where I was being tortured and lobotomized. Couldn't move or get out of bed. The only thing my brain was telling em was "Don't get up - wait for it to wear off". Was too ashamed to ask for help, and was imagining the worst like "What if I stayed this way forever".

I now know - do not fall asleep on edibles!!! Especially if you had a drink with it...

That said, I survived, and will be more careful next time :tup:

sessnet,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
That sounds awful, sess. My shakes usually have 2.5-5g of abv in them, I know what kind of sedated/burned out feeling you mean ... but damn, am I high for about a day and a half. LOL. I like it, but abv edibles seem to be best for lazy/sick days.

Peloton,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Here my horrible, horrible, experience... posted in another thread:

I literally felt retarded and brain dead, like I woke up in the middle of a movie where I was being tortured and lobotomized. Couldn't move or get out of bed. The only thing my brain was telling em was "Don't get up - wait for it to wear off". Was too ashamed to ask for help, and was imagining the worst like "What if I stayed this way forever".

I now know - do not fall asleep on edibles!!! Especially if you had a drink with it...

That said, I survived, and will be more careful next time :tup:
hah! nice man... sounds like when i woke up. my alarm is in the kitchen so i gotta get up and run out there and turn it off cause its loud and so annoying, so running to the kitchen while half retarded was quite a show, at that point i knew something was up.

thinking about your first try tho, if it was barley green....it yields more thc for you to absorb, but the less you vape it...the less "heat activated" it is... i wonder if how much your bud has been vaped effects its potentcey?

Xchadb,
I had a pretty bad first trip as well. I posted this over in TCC on SA.

Eating it went okay, but it was the start of bad things (for me). It didn't really taste bad but it didn't taste good, but drinking some vanilla almond milk with it made it kind of tolerable. About half way through it, I started to realize that it was kind of gross (I'm a picky eater). As I approached the last few bites I was nearly forcing myself to finish them. That said, other people may like them, but for a picky eater like me, it wasn't the greatest.

As expected the effects started to really kick in about an hour and a half later. About 15-30 minutes after that is when things kind of went bad for me. Once the high got really strong, I started to really feel sick to my stomach. The pain came and went over and over, in a cycle of about 5 minutes of pain, then 5 minutes of comfortable (or what seemed like 5 minutes), then repeating. I attribute this pain to the pain from regret of eating what, in hindsight, was sort of gross. The extreme high lasted for 3 or 4 hours, then started tapering off.

This was my first edible experience, so some of my negative feelings could just be from first time intolerance, or for all I know, it's a common thing. If anyone wants to try firecrackers like these, I think I'd recommend mixing the weed and the Nutella, instead of just kind of pouring it on top, as the gross thing for me was the thought of the pocket of herbs inside this layer of semi-soft Nutella.

So, I don't know if the sick feeling was because of the ABV directly, or if I just psyched myself out. The latter is very possible, since I have a bad habit of thinking too much while high, and, as mentioned, I'm a picky eater (a couple times before in my life I have had very bad experiences with having eaten something that I thought was "not too bad", then a few hours later I end up feeling terrible after I realized that what I had eaten was not as good tasting as I thought it was). :puke:

Pseudorandom,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I had a pretty bad first trip as well. I posted this over in TCC on SA.

So, I don't know if the sick feeling was because of the ABV directly, or if I just psyched myself out. The latter is very possible, since I have a bad habit of thinking too much while high, and, as mentioned, I'm a picky eater (a couple times before in my life I have had very bad experiences with having eaten something that I thought was "not too bad", then a few hours later I end up feeling terrible after I realized that what I had eaten was not as good tasting as I thought it was). :puke:
dude you should try what i did, just do .4-.5 gram and try it out, if it dont get you high...who cares? its free. gave me a nice buzz rather than a puke

Xchadb,

weedemon

enthusiast
edibles or even just eating actives gives a different type of high. it goes to your body instead of straight to your head.

im less of a fan of eating active personally because of this.

dose is more tricky too because of the wait to feel it`s effects. I usually go with 1-1.5g or so.

I would much prefer to make it into a concentrate though!

weedemon,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
yeah all abv is gonna be going into hash....then re-vaped....ultimate recycling. Plus when you come to my house you usually leave with a ball of hash in your pocket cause i give away ABV qwiso like candy haha why not?....its free lol everyone loves it!

Xchadb,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i really enjoyed my state of waking up in a stupor. it was frightening at the time, but i look back on it as a rare experience.

OO,
Reactions: sessnet

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
if it wasnt for puking and having to get ready for work i might of enjoyed that trip!

Xchadb,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
It's funny to note the highest I ever got from an edible involves me falling asleep shortly after it kicks in. It wasn't ABV it was a hash marshmallow edible from a club. I would guess in hind sight it was 10 doses or better but it wasn't labeled if I recall correctly, and I ate the whole thing. I had eaten it at like 6 pm after eating a bunch of taco bell which all the food I gorged my self with made it take a really long time to kick in. At 830 I was thinking I got a weak ass edible I didnt feel shit, at nine it started to come on and by 945 I was super BAKED. Well at like 1030 or 11 I passed out. I woke up at 7 am the next morning with that retarded edible grin plastered to my face and eyes redder then brake lights. I was still super baked till about 1 pm when I started to come down approximately 14 hrs after when it kicked in the previous night. I have at a 6 dose Carmel corn on an empty stomach the other day and it was not even in the ball park as that hashmallow. I wonder if there is something about how your body processes cannabinoids while sleeping that potentiates it's effects?

Puffers,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
i really enjoyed my state of waking up in a stupor. it was frightening at the time, but i look back on it as a rare experience.

Much like a near death experience? I guess that's what is was like to me :ko:

sessnet,

crawdad

floatin
i found dosing of abv edibles to be so problematic that i quit and just revape or combust it. either i would have mental disasters or id feel very little and have that "damnit, i just wasted some abv" feeling, rarely it would work nicely but when it did it was very nice. just my experience. only time i felt nauseous was with firecrackers, not sure what happened...was a very odd evening, went down a rabbit hole and found elephants. :uhoh:

factors to contribute to improper dosing (least for me) are likely due to the fact that i sometimes vape at real low temps, when added to abv of lower quality or higher temp sessions its not so easy to know if 1g is enough or not. i can extend the life of abv by putting it in a pipe so thats what i do now. if i do edibles its from low quality herb ive sampled already or trim. i could separate out my abv in categories of potent, middle and low but im not on that level right now. :peace:

crawdad,

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
wow 2.5 grams of abv powder sounds like a lot! Last night I tried 0.8 grams of abv powder in a peanut butter sandwich and wow that was the best sleep i ever had!

Skeena,
Top Bottom