MVT 2

HerbieVonVapster

Let’s see...I now have a MVT, a Tubo, a Tubo Dual, a Nomad, and have ordered the MVT2. Yeah, I’m working on a small collection of wood vapes. My wife insists I buy a display case for them.

Good ideal on a display case. The vaporbar is getting crowded.

Missed out on those betas the other day Mistvaporizer but will be checking with you when new ones are out.

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
this is a general post, someone asked for a 19 mm stir tool/collar. I added them to the store.
3BQPl0X.jpg

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Hopefully in about a week. Frames and most components are done i expect to start assembly in a few days.
Cut my finger in a stupid shop accident and it slowed me down a bit.

mistvaporizer,
Reactions: ZC

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Going in the box now but I wanted to show it off some.
I increased the airflow and put the carb hole on the bottom. The video is slow draw with button pulsing, you can see my finger moving. I didn't use the carb at all. This was 100 mg sequoia strawberry and there is a lot left. This is just the first two hits.
The heat shield ended up making the vapor too harsh so I'm not using it. The increased airflow seems to help control temp.
music by Charlie Parker "Don't blame me"

going to announce a pre order on the MVT2. I will sell 20 units at $169 each, I see the final retail at $189.
Includes stem, 3 extra screens, wong and stir kit. I would like to get feedback from a couple beta users before I do the pre order.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
final 2 MVT2 beta units ship tomorrow.
The major changes are the button, the airflow and the coil configuration.
I increased the airflow and positioned the intake around the perimeter of the coil. This should transfer heat evenly. The intake hole is on the bottom of the unit and can be carbed.
The coil is hotter but the increased air flow offsets that.
I'm happy with the way the MVT2 performs.
We should get some feedback by next week.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
this is the production model of the MVT2, really only one small change from the betas. Normally I would wait for more feedback before I called it prod but I know this design is cranking really nicely. Of course if there are issues with the betas I'll address them.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
this is the production model of the MVT2, really only one small change from the betas. Normally I would wait for more feedback before I called it prod but I know this design is cranking really nicely. Of course if there are issues with the betas I'll address them.

Nice looking wood! I think some brass screws and screen might spiff up the bottom side a bit...just saying. :brow:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Just checked and the last two units are out for delivery, one to California and one to Washington. Not sure which members they went to but I'm pretty sure they were folks here. Please post when you get them, I'm holding off on announcing the first pre order production batch until there is some feedback. Still I'm really happy with them but I would like a second opinion

ZC

Mine just arrived. Can't test it tonight but I'm very impressed with what I see. Great build quality, nice smooth finish, great click on the recessed button, and the battery door is fantastic.

I didn't expect a 14mm wong to be be included but that's perfect. Would it be possible to get one of these in the same wood as the unit? That would look phenomenal.

I think I'm going to like this vapes 14mm stem size a lot for smaller doses.

Airflow is good.

I like the stir tool.

I love that the sliding door can be inserted backwards for safe traveling. Simple and elegant.

It also comes with a little wooden tube that I'm assuming is a loading funnel?

The unit definitely has a woody smell to it, it's quite nice.

Either im typing in the url wrong of the instruction page on the website isn't live.

The screws on the bottom of the unit are... tempting.

RelaxedNow

Mine arrived today. I’ll offer my thoughts on its operation after I’ve used it a bit more, as I’ve only vaped a total of 3 or 4 draws (so far, so good).

I can say it’s a beautiful vaporizer, and I like the feel of the button....easy to press, but not TOO easy, and there’s no question of whether I’ve pressed it fully or not.

The stainless screws and screen are much less noticeable in person than they are when magnified in the video. Perhaps brass or something would look a little better with the wood, but I’m happy with it as-is.

Using the battery cover as the on/off switch, provides a good indicator of the switch status. (with the OG MVT, I have a tendency to attempt to vape with the switch left in the off position).

First impression is “Nicely done”. Hopefully, I’ll quickly figure it out, and report back with positive results.

ZC

Did get a chance to try it after all and oh boy is it a tasty, effective vape.

I will say it takes a bit longer of a button press than some of the other unregulated 18650 vapes around. Took me a few tries to get the right button time and draw speed. But once you get it you can produce consistently great hits and the vapor quality is excellent.

Last edited:

TNT_error

Mines arriving Thursday, so stoked! I'm the California guy lol.

Did get a chance to try it after all and oh boy is it a tasty, effective vape.

I will say it takes a bit longer of a button press than some of the other unregulated 18650 vapes around. Took me a few tries to get the right button time and draw speed. But once you get it you can produce consistently great hits and the vapor quality is excellent.

What's your technique on a cold start?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZC

Pretty similar to the instructions page. Light tamp, preheat, though I prefer a longer pre-heat than 5 seconds, and then a slow draw. First few draws are pretty whispy as the coil heats up.

I find it really easy to overpower the heater with a medium-high draw, and unfortunately even with a LOT (probably too much) pre-heating the heater can still be overpowered.

It could probably benefit from a smaller intake hole.

But this is all from one session, I'll know more with more use.

Tetrahydro Bro

Stoned Kiwi
2r3jcya.jpg
My MVT2 beta has arrived down here at the bottom of the earth. This thing is an absolute stunner! I love the bocote and with the contrast from the blood wood it looks amazing. The finish on the wood is perfect, great craftsmanship!! Iv only run a couple of stems through it but I’m really liking how it’s working so far, iv had nice smooth flavourful hits and that’s exactly what I was looking for in this device so I’m very happy!!! Today’s a good day :peace:.

Top Bottom