Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

lwien

@lwien My beagle and I are doing a mosh pit!

I know, huh. Trying to sit still while listening to Redding do Tenderness is like trying to sit still when listening to reggae.

Ok, I know that this next clip is off topic being that it's from the 50's but I had to put it in here 'cause it STILL gives me the warm fuzzies everytime I hear it being that it was the first song that I listened to when I first slow danced and "made-out" with a girl. Damn song STILL gives me the goosebumps:

Last edited:

TeeJay1952

old-moonshine-still.jpg

This is the Still of the Night!

lwien

I just watched the Cream Farewell Concert on Axis. Wowza....:o !! Not only did they show the concert but also private interviews with Clapton, Baker and Bruce. The interviews were primarily talking about how each musician played, or rather attacked their instruments and the various techniques they used in doing so while demonstrating exactly what they were talking about. Pretty fucking enlightening.

As an example, Bruce was talking about being classically trained and that he hated it. They wanted him to pursue being a cellist which he hated but apparently had a great talent for. When asked what he liked best about his classical training, he said that he hated just about all of it with one exception and that exception was Bach who he said wrote some of the best bass lines of all time. Bach and bass? That never occurred to me at all.

Great show. The following is the concert in full along with all of the interviews for those that are interested:

Edit: If Bruce did become a cellist, I bet he would have ended up in ELO, eh?

Last edited:
Top Bottom