Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Been listening to Big Star (and other FC liked bands that I have been turned on to. BTW:tup:) and can hear there influences with several other bands. Will get around to watching this-> Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me.
Unreleased back in the day, but surfaced in a compilation.
Chris Bell - I Am the Cosmos
Meanwhile......
Heinz Baked Beans (Includes "More Music" Jingle)
The Kinks - Victoria

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
1963 Swedish TV 'Drop ~In'

1963 Morecambe Show
Before Feb 9th 1964 (if the dates are correct) - The first Ed Sullivan appearance in the US. Any clips of them playing in Hamburg? :D I wonder (and forgot, used to know:myday:) the exact time they went with the iconic hair and jackets. I used to know enough Beatles trivia to say score some wings on trivia night at some bar somewhere. :haw:
CARRIE FISHER & RINGO STARR SINGING YOU´RE SIXTEEN
Ringo Starr & George Harrison It Don't Come Easy
Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey [High Quality]

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Sister Rosetta Tharpe: The Godmother of Rock & Roll
I could not believe it first time I heard her - there it was, the history of rock and roll guitar beginning in the late 30's before everyone else, every bit the Louis A, the Charlie Parker, the genre definer.

Here she is in the 60's. Wait for the guitar solo.

Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Up Above My Head (France 1965)

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
The Song Remains The Same
This was an instrumental called "The Overture" before Robert Plant put lyrics to it. Led Zeppelin played it at shows before it was fully formed - Plant introduced it as "The Campaign" before the title was changed.

This is one of Led Zeppelin's songs that contains the most overdubs on guitar. The introduction is quite similar to "Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor" by The Yardbirds, which was also written by Jimmy Page.
You can really hear the beginnings of the great TSRTS.
The Yardbirds:

And a few versions of TSRTS
Studio:

Earl's Court 75

Led Zeppelin- O2 Arena Studio Rehearsal

Top Bottom