Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

grokit

well-worn member
Remember this? It's actually from 1962 by the crystals.
I always thought it was from the early '80s because the motels introduced it to me.

It's a "bit" misogynistic, thanks to @CarolKing for helping write it :lol:

The motels' version is the best imo; martha davis what an artist:

I remember this cover by hole, and a few other artists over the years.

"Nice feminist anthem." :D:rockon:

~ Courtney Love​

Last edited:

unsorted

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Seeds. LOL Saw them in concert once as an opening act back in the day. A 20 minute version of Pushing To Hard. TOO MUCH even for me. :rolleyes:
This is a clip from the old TV show called The Mothers in Law. It starred Eve Arden and Kaye Ballard.

And The Bangles doing it:

grokit

well-worn member
1972: All the Young Dudes was a turning point for the then-struggling British band. Mott the Hoople were about to break up when David Bowie stepped in and gave them the song "All the Young Dudes". Bowie also produced the album, which took Mott "from potential has-beens to avatars of the glam rock movement".

Regarded as one of glam rock's anthems, the song originated after Bowie came into contact with Mott the Hoople's bassist Peter Watts and learned that the band was ready to split due to continued lack of commercial success. When the band rejected his first offer of a composition, "Suffragette City" (from The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars), Bowie wrote "All the Young Dudes" in short order especially for them, allegedly sitting cross-legged on the floor of a room in Regent Street, London.

Peter Watts :rip:

Top Bottom