Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I have always admired Paul's basslines ( I am far from alone). Rhythmic and inventive.
Back in the early 70's I got a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls with custom Hafler amps (1 for each speaker) and spent a lot of time listening to The Beatles.

Maybe it was the drugs. :)

Some of his best isolated basslines:

Rain cover of his bassline:

Paperback Writer bassline:

Hey Bulldog bassline:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Seen Ian Anderson play a few times, most memorable was at the Rock and Blues Custom Show '97.
All the power went off except his mic, his words were 'Can you believe they've forgotten to fill the fuckin generator' he then played in the dark until the power came back on.

This song always brings a little tear

Morty

DAYUM! @Morty :bowdown: ^^^^ that's a fucking jam :rockon::clap:! I forgot about that song.

It is. It's slick. Love the guitar, dig the harmonics. The 70's is filled w/ what seems like an endless array of hidden gems lol. I always love gettin' lit up like a Christmas tree to this one.

Oh, & speaking of Steve Miller, it always pisses me off when they cut off the beginning minute & a half guitar part of Big Jet Airliner on the radio. Bullshit!

BD9

Another great but underrated band, Spirit. I had no idea Randy California was a member of Spirit. I've seen his videos doing Hendrix covers and was impressed. Randy died attempting to save his son from drowning. Tragic end to a great career.

Spirit - Mr.Skin

The most well known, and successful cover bands, Vanilla Fudge.

Featuring one the best rock drummers ever, Carmine Appice.

Vanilla Fudge - You Keep Me Hangin' On

lwien

I remember going to a theater-in-the-round to see Spirit and Moody Blues. Spirit was the opening act. In that venue, the stage slowly turned around so that everyone in the concert could get a front view of the bands. Dropped acid about 45 minutes before the concert (like I typically did before every concert I went to which was about 3 times a month) and I vividly remember asking my girlfriend if the stage was really turning around or if it was just me. hehe...

Last edited:

BD9

So maybe not a reign of creative genius, but these songs had a place in that era. Poppy and fun. Nice summer jams.

Hear that familiar sound in the Thunder Island guitar? It's Joe Walsh. :rockon:

Jay Ferguson - Thunder Island 1978

Boz Scaggs - Lido Shuffle 1976

Sammy Johns - Chevy Van 1973

Top Bottom