MUSA Wooden Vape

Azn2101

Ahh it's in the Netherlands so I presume yours may take a bit longer if it was sent out at the same time. That said I have been testing and wow is this thing a monster. As much as I love the Vapcap and the Solo, this thing is in a different league! Additionally I love the visual feedback I get while I'm vaping! On my bubbler the bowl is exactly as eye height and you can just slowly see the weed get vaped (with the halogen light shining on the herbs from above)! I only wish the attachment was 18mm to 18mm! Still going to try to get one if I can (I don't like having to use an 14 to 19mm adapter, just me being picky, doesn't actually impede function).

DUDE You're killing me! @DDave has the mods in my pictures above.The regular size of the Arizer EQ and the Stubby (about 1/3rd shorter).

He also has Glass Screened Stems that would work for the exact idea you're thinking. I have no doubt if this vape takes off (like it should have already) that DDave could make a few twerks to some EQ parts cause they seem to have a lot in common regarding how it's loaded and can ve used (Whip/Dry Glass/Hydrotube/Woodscents-ish Mods :rockon: & the way it can be loaded.

Again @DDave would have no trouble making Prototype Glass screen F/F Adapter Mod if you want one and I'm seriously considering asking about a Prototype idea myself that would work perfectly with an SS Dynavap Tip but as long as price isn't a huge deal cause the V3 Glass Stem + 18mm F/F adapter is I think ~$35 but it would be a small price now that I'm thinking about it. How much heat would that extra layer of glass steal from the Air path to the material? At some point adding enough Glass/Stainless Steel/Titanium/Ect. will turn it into a hybrid because of the radiant heat those things will be absorbing. The only reason I didn't decide to jump straight to the 18mm V3 Glass Stem sysyem. For it to be supported for sustainable use the glass seems to have some thickness to it.

I plan on ordering in the V3 mod my self as I still need a 18/18 F/F.

Yo DDave. Do you think with a more linear flow of air like in the standard EQ F/F with the silicon on one side (that I don't like cause I used to sometimes load it in the wrong side and have to dump it out and try again) would have a greater difference with this vape? I was looking at the Supreme vaporizers websites explanation in layman's terms of how important Linear airflow can be and there's by no means anything wrong with the wide part in the F/F adapters to hold the screen bit picture this. The EQ F/F, without that Silicone grip, and the proposed Glass screen instead of the pinches that Arizer uses, just wondering what your thoughts are on the matter.

@Aezhenn is possibly coming out with these new Dynavap to S&B Capsule (That I only use the lids with on SBL products making) attachments that look SICK! And would work great in a 18/18 F/F DDave adaptor w/installed screen unless you're God like in I stalling screens without bending them which I...am not lol

Last edited:

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
@Azn2101

In principle, the whole EQ glass equipment (sans the baloons) does fit the MUSA, as both use the 18mm male gg joint for a heater port. You could easily use the MUSA with the EQ cyclone bowl and the whip and so all the @DDave mods should fit too. You just have to provide some secure footing to the MUSA then, lest it topples over.
Also thought again about a Vapcap tip adapter and you don't even need a 'real' adapter for that, but just a simple high temp o-ring, to set around the Ti or ss tip and then insert the tip directly into the 18mm heater port, sealing with the o-ring. You could also place a small 10mm pipe screen ontop of the load, serving as a lid, to prevent crumbs falling into the heater port, though the fine mesh, the bulb is covered in, serves also as a debris screen and will protect it sufficiently. The temps of the glass ontop of the heater port, a high-temp o-ring manages easily for the relatively short time frame of a session.
But... the MUSA really shines best, when used as intended with the glass parts :clap: :nod:

fvy7eo.jpg

@DBA

I bet, the cherry unit looks even more gorgeous in real life :D
For use with the ELB screen, it's a bit difficult to find a fitting glass adapter, as it must somewhere seal with the rim of the ELB, lest the air simply travels around it, following the way of least resistance.
But when you want to use an adapter with a flat screen instead of the ELB, nearly any 18/18 f/m carbon filter adapter of an appropriate diameter should do. Lots of them availiable.

DBA

I am testing the device right now and I will be doing a somewhat more indepth "review" of this item. @blokenoname the cherry unit is freaking gorgeous, the pictures really don't do it justice!! I will be adding some milk shots as well to my "review". Not sure whether it's going to be video or pictures (only have a phone so the quality will not be the best). Also, out of curiosity, I was wondering if the electronics are seperated from the airpath. Has anyone looked into this?

Loving the unit so far, but more testing is (luckily for me!) required!

Last edited:

Azn2101

This Vaporizer needs to be out of "Upcoming & Unreleased" (or maybe not. This is like the back room Vape of all back rooms Vapes so to speak :ninja:)

But no seriously, it's time @MUSA Vaporizer gets the communities attention. Not to mention their funding to help the project grow and probably inspire a Cult-Like following similar to that of the ENano, UD, & Eds Woodscents.

@DBA I'm super stoked for you man and am glad it's performing at or above your expectations. I am also curious to your question. Is this more like the EVO in the all glass air path or leaning towards a log vape where it passes thru an SS post & the optional heating elements of which someone could choose a Ceramic or Glass one in The UDs and ENanos but not sure about Woodscents Models.

How's the vapor feel coming from the native MP Dry?

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Also, out of curiosity, I was wondering if the electronics are seperated from the airpath. Has anyone looked into this?
Well, 'the electronics' actually boils down to just the DC jack and some uninsulated ss wiring ;) And yes, it's pretty good seperated, I'd say. The glass heater cover is inserted into a fitting recess at the unit's base. There is a 2nd, smaller hole with a screen at the bottom of that recess, for an air intake. The ss leads coming from the jack at the base of the unit are led down along the outside of the base of the heater cover via two small grooves in the wood to the bottom of the recess, enter into the inside of the cover there, then make a 180° turn and reach all the way up, to where the heater/bulb is situated. The ends of the ss wires are formed into spirals there, that serve as a socket for the bulb. So air will neither flow over the jack, nor any part of the wiring, that's outside the heater cover itself.

Last edited:

DBA

Thanks to both of you! I totally agree it should get some much deserved love! Excellent to know about the electronics :D I find that the mouthpiece gets extremely hot, which to me isn't a big deal as I use it exclusively with water. I think it's because it's so wide you can actually inhale at a fast rate, but I find it heats up the glass extremely quick. And I am using the unit at relatively low temperatures, I find at that it depends on how full the bowl is a bit, but I do small amounts (ish). With the screen (not ELB) the whole screen needs to be covered at a minimum. I also find I have to stir it frequently. With and without water. Though the bowl is extremely easy to load stir unload or just stir. I have been using a dabber for stirring as it does get hot. I am hoping to be able to show some nice vape action when I take some pictures and possibly video. I hope it will get some attention then, too. I'm just not sure my fairly sensitive lungs (asthma) can do its power justice!

Edit* After playing with it for a bit more I feel I should make a video (once I have it dialled in and got some good grade herb) because the world deserves to know. I have no doubt about the heating power of this beast. As for recovery time, I am the one that needs recovering. The vape has a ton of power to spare.

Last edited:

Azn2101

Awesome quick glance review =D
I really hope mine shows up tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me know man =) I think I'm going to invest in a few cooling stems also named Spiked or 3D glass to help the vapor cool and @davesmith is the go-to guy for that cause I'm a dry guy (im sure there's a good joke there). I honestly don't mind water but I guess I kinda like that hot vapor or something about it lol.

I'm very happy about the heat being being able to heat the Glass as it gives me a lot of faith that the @DDave WS-ish Mod will work great with the radiant heat from the SS rim on them. I noticed they get hotter a lot more quickly than the 1/2" Arizer/TUBO basket screens and hope that the slight conductive heat will act enough like a Dynavap Tip. But either way the Basket screens can act as the "Cap" by giving up a little room in the Chamber.

So from what it sounds like, since the post moved down a little raising the bulb, you can use less power than the other previous models as I think I remember someone saying around 3-3:30 is the sweet spot but if you're getting clouds at what I thought I read 10 O'clock thru water would be interesting to hear what @MUSA Vaporizer says. Or if I got the temp dial setting you're using wrong than ignore that lol but I am wondering if the dial settings will be much different from the older reviews as I think bloke said he has the longer post version with a different Bulb than the now lower post with the 30w bulb.

That's interesting about the stirring. I never owned an Herbalizer but I do own a (Frankenstein) Apollo2 SE 50w and a Brand new Apollo2.5 50w And neither require stirring but that maybe cause the surface area for heat to hit the material is 3/4" wide lol. The Herbalizer I don't remember having to stir but that was a long time ago and again never owned one but a 100w bulb will definitely do the trick lol.

Might have to figure something out about that stirring. Don't mind stirring but really like Halogen heating cause it took away that need for me, plus the material closest to the walls may look like is barely used, but pour it our and it'll crumble to dust, even the herbs that were never directly on the bottom and still a solid green color. So it kinda lost touch with my Stirring technique as I don't need to with any of the vapes I currently use.

Sorry for The long post.
AWESOME UNIT MAN!

I Also agree, Thank you @blokenoname for the information when MUSA isn't on. Thank you man.

Azn2101,
Reactions: DDave

DBA

About the sirring, I judge the "doneness" by colour mostly, by the end the taste is lost and I'm barely getting vapour anymore. Maybe I'm pushing it too far? I am also still getting the feel for this vape/heating technology! Last desktop style vape I used before is a heatgun! Only an original Solo/Vapcap M after that. And the temperature setting, I'm currently finding 9 o'clock /9:30 the sweet spot, which is why I know it has power! As you fill the bowl you may want to go even further in reducing temps. I have tried about 1/4 filled (I'm running low on herb :( ) in the normal bowl without screen, which I definitely much prefer over the ELB in my limited testing. 1/4 bowl performs better cloudwise than a thin layer just covering the screen, and I'm curious to see what happens when I fill it up more and how far I can push it.

P.S. Did I mention she (yes... I know) is frickin' beautiful?

Last edited:
DBA,
Reactions: Azn2101

Azn2101

@DBA real quick, may I ask what do you mean by the normal bowl?

Like the adapter part with a screen in it in a 14mm Waterpipe?

Azn2101,

DBA

This is indeed what I meant! My applogies for the late reply, time zones and what not. Fell asleep before I could reply as it was 2.30 AM locally :p "normal bowl" I mean not the ELB.

DBA,

Azn2101

No apologies bro. In fact if we were about
6000 miles closer id come have a good old MUSA session and i'll cover the material =D

Azn2101,

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
@DBA thank you very much!

@blokenoname thanks my friend! :D

@Azn2101 im looking forward to the arrival!

according to the temp dial:
you can pull the silver knob off the box when you found your sweet spot and put it on in any position. for example the 12 o clock position.
normaly i pre-adjust the tempdial in this position with my own musa. but i ran out of herbs when i shipped my last units.

MUSA Vaporizer,

Azn2101

Totally off topic but how Hard does the German Gov't come down on herbs. When I was there I found a lot of pills before I could find anything worth buying herb wise!

@blokenoname about the EQ parts you're completely right. The only worry is that that silicone side will melt if I'm super tired or whatever and don't load it correctly but then again the linear flow of air as the Supreme Homepage (and some additional research) shows it can make a huge difference cause less vapor will pass by the walls that if not completely clean, will cling on to a miniscule proportion but also helps extraction be more efficient. @MUSA Vaporizer any thoughts on how liniar airflow would affect this vape?

Last edited:
Azn2101,

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
@Azn2101
Depends on state law and what the judge had for lunch ;) But for the most part, small amounts up to 10g for personal use do not make legal persecution mandatory and you'll probably get off with a fine.

Lost you there re the silicone and liniar airflow. Apart from the whip and that optional silicone covered cyclone bowl (which I don't have), there's no silicone on my EQ. If you mean the single hight temp o-ring, I suggested for the Vapcap mod, don't worry. Had an o-ring like that installed for hours on end there, when I used several of my Vapcap adapter hacks back then. The surface area ontop of the rim of the glass heater port isn't big enough to conduct more heat, than the o-ring can take (about 220°). The air might be that hot, leaving the port, but not the glass itself.

Last edited:
blokenoname,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Yo DDave. Do you think with a more linear flow of air like in the standard EQ F/F with the silicon on one side (that I don't like cause I used to sometimes load it in the wrong side and have to dump it out and try again) would have a greater difference with this vape? I was looking at the Supreme vaporizers websites explanation in layman's terms of how important Linear airflow can be and there's by no means anything wrong with the wide part in the F/F adapters to hold the screen bit picture this. The EQ F/F, without that Silicone grip, and the proposed Glass screen instead of the pinches that Arizer uses, just wondering what your thoughts are on the matter.
Hey @Azn2101

While modular piece combinations can yield surprising results on occasion, I don't see this happening with an Arizer cyclone bowl used in your MUSA.

DDave,

Azn2101

Crap I thought I posted this sooner! For sure @DDave but I realized that this question had little to nothing to do with the MUSA itself and more as you said in the F/F adapter.

My bad @MUSA Vaporizer & @blokenoname, & @DDave. I didn't mean to throw some wierd half baked idea out there to confuse anyone.
I Swear It sounded rational when thinking about it :freak:. But I think the diameter of the F/F apadpers compared to Supreme allows for much more air to pass thru without touching the walls. As the Supreme has a what looks like a 7-12mm diameter air space where the linear airflow idea would be much more important for effect.

Since the change from the Longer Glass Post with a different Bulb (@blokenoname what wattage bulb do you have?) to the New Shorter Glass Post, the ELB no longer fits in the MUSA itself and I keep getting confused on where the ELB/Arizer Basket Screens/14mm Basket Screens would fit and which attachments are gonna be comparable with what. I have for sure 3 Mods (1 still finding time to be made I think?) and hopefully can get one more commissioned.

This device has the ability to rewrite "Versatility" when it comes to Vaporizers except as you said no Ballon-Filling but that is the only thing I can think of off the top that this device couldn't do. Now I could be completely wrong cause my Unit hasn't arrived but here's my theory

DDave's 14mm Basket Screens in the 18/14 adapter will definitely conduct enough heat to be in the realm of a "Hybrid" heating device. Not too different from how Ed (great article just written about him, good and quick read and strongly suggest checking it out) used the Dynavap Tips with the Heated air produced by the element inside the post.

I know I'm WAY ahead of myself considering I don't even have the product but I just see so much potential with this unit along with it making it's own New form of vaporizer. A Halogen Log?! I tripped out when someone showed me this.

Azn2101,
Reactions: DDave

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Since the change from the Longer Glass Post with a different Bulb (@blokenoname what wattage bulb do you have?) to the New Shorter Glass Post, the ELB no longer fits in the MUSA itself and I keep getting confused on where the ELB/Arizer Basket Screens/14mm Basket Screens would fit and which attachments are gonna be comparable with what. I have for sure 3 Mods (1 still finding time to be made I think?) and hopefully can get one more commissioned.
This gets quite confusing ;)
The overall length of the glass heater cover didn't change. It's just, that the bulb sits a tidbit higher up within the cover now, reaching up into the 18mm male joint proper itself, to prevent folks from trying to insert the ELB in there. A glass heater cover poses the problem of tolerances re its inner diameter, which might vary from batch to batch, so that it's not guaranteed, that the ELB will always fit the narrower end of the 18mm male joint, that serves as a heater port. To circumvent this, the heater got set higher up and the ELB goes into the GonG instead:

724sq8.jpg

But you can also place a flat screen into the GonG instead. My unit was built the same way already, but with the heater sat some milimeters lower, touching the lower rim of the joint and a 50w bulb, instead of a 35w one. 30w is more than enough, though :)

ETA:

And this is, how you'd use it for dry use, with the direct draw stem then, which is a tube with a 14mm female joint, which goes onto the 14mm male of the GonG.

1230ehu.jpg

Last edited:
blokenoname,

Azn2101

I understand what you're saying about him raising where the bulb "sits" on the Glass heat cover to avoid having to clean inside there and increase the chances of breaking the cover that the entire unit relies on but in the early pictures on the IG photos the 18mm post sits higher than in the later ones where it sits lower.

Regarding where the bulb is I trust what you say cause you've had yours for a long time and have probably been in contact and would make sense that if the bulb was lower, or a combination of the bulb sitting lower and the glass cover sitting a bit higher out of the wooden outer cover, but it would make sense to use a higher wattage the further away the chamber (or whatever is being used to hold material) from where the bulb is. Either way I'll be very happy with the product.
Do you happen to know if it's a 6v or 12v bulb is used?

Azn2101,

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Anything more than 35w is plain overkill there ;) Believe me, as we both tested that thoroughly. Like with the EQ and the ellbow screen, that 35w heater can extract your herb sufficiently, even when it's a mile away from the heater :nod:

Top Bottom