Musa 510

Oogendoogan

@sickmanfraud I told you in pm that it seems to me that you don't want the unit get to work, because you was ignoring all my advices.
And you directly confirmed me that.

Thanks to all the people who tried to help this guy but I think we can't help him.

Good night.
Hey why don’t you just offer to have him send it in for you to fix? I mean the fact is for the price the vape should work out of the box. Without naming names I can think of at least 3 different 510 vapes that like yours have a coil that could move in shipping and I know all of those manufacturers would at least take it back one time to try and get it working out of the box for the customer. The fact is there are lots of options for vapes that are very similar to yours. Some of them are my current favorite portables. I can tell you that I won’t be buying your vape just based off your interactions here. You entered the customer service business the second you sold your first vape. CS is just as important as a good product in this industry and telling a customer you are giving up on them is never good CS. I wish you luck with your 510 vape but tbh I think your a little late to the party with a vape that has the ugliest and probably the worst designed heating element out of the bunch. My feedback would be look into a different heater cuz the one you have is ugly as hell and obviously hot spots. Also people have enough trouble changing pre made coils. Making they’re own is really asking a lot of any user especially a casual one. I don’t like to criticize without honest feedback so there you go. Hope everyone is having a good evening.

sickmanfraud

@sickmanfraud I told you in pm that it seems to me that you don't want the unit get to work, because you was ignoring all my advices.
And you directly confirmed me that.

Thanks to all the people who tried to help this guy but I think we can't help him.

Good

I am not someone who is handy with tools. I bought a vape that was supposed to work out of the box. It did not.

I want my money back and I will return your vape to you.

sickmanfraud,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
It is a 510 RDA vape, people buy RDAs when they want to make their own coils.
Like 70% of the entire vape is built around complete user access to the heater. Given the easy double o-ring access and the fact it's RDA.
If you just want it to work without ever accessing the heater element, than a Spliter or other 510 vaped would be a better choice for you.
The nature of Musa 510 was pretty clear to me, but maybe it needs an extra disclaimer that this is more of a handyman vape?
Anyway it's a shame your unit doesn't work, mine did, I'm just a perfectionist tinkerer so I immediately startred remaking the coil to mae it even better.
So hopúefully you'll be able to get your refund.

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
I am not someone who is handy with tools. I bought a vape that was supposed to work out of the box. It did not.

I want my money back and I will return your vape to you.

The point is, that @sickmanfraud already told me that he don't want to accept the parcel, when it hasn't arrived. He asked me if it's OK if he does not accept it and ship it back to me. I payed 20 euro for his shipping costs because he told me he don't want to pay that much for the unit plus shipping. Then I spend so many days and time to help him to make the unit work, but he was ignoring all my advices. I told him (because he was ignoring me) that it seems to me that he does not want the unit getting worked, and he instantly confirmed me my guess.

@sickmanfraud ship me the vape back and afterwards you will get your money back.

Last edited by a moderator:
MUSA Vaporizer,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
As suggested by Musa - I've pulled out the heater shield, put I think 4 fine Arizer stem screen there, then a big one like the one on the other side and then put the shield back to hold them in place.
They even out the hotspots a bit. But I think I am still going to make a new coil when I get some more wire.
I'll attach a photo after two long hits through a waterpipe on 45W and 50W with those new screen in (I also lowered the coil a little as it might touch them).
I think the lower the coil is, the more centered the hotspot will be (as the sides get diluted with air molecules that touched the coledr heater shield on the way).
And the current hotspot profile (on the attached image) is mostly even with no significant hotspots.
It looks slightly less vaped on the right and I think it might be because there are 3.5 loops in the coil, the green spot in the bowl is on the same side where there are only 3 loops (I've flipped the bowl in the image to match the orientation).
musa-Disclaimer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
@Seek im doing some experiments with clapton ss316wire atm, and have no hotspot with my coil.

i use two Ø15mm fine screens inside my vape. in general you can change the airflow depending on amount of screens inside the vape.

Last edited:
MUSA Vaporizer,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've noticed I haven't lowered the coil evenly and one side was lower, after correcting it, it is even closer to perfection now.
Stil going to make new coils just to try them out though...
Clapton coil might enhance the heat exchance with it's surface area, but I've heard it doesn't work in TC mode (or maybe tha's not true for ss claptons, or maybe you need TCR mode for that...?).
For wattage mode it might be great though.
...and nright now, wattage is the only mode I can use, because TC mode in my box mod doesn't work right.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

The point is, that @sickmanfraud already told me that he don't want to accept the parcel, when it hasn't arrived. He asked me if it's OK if he does not accept it and ship it back to me. I payed 20 euro for his shipping costs because he told me he don't want to pay that much for the unit plus shipping. Then I spend so many days and time to help him to make the unit work, but he was ignoring all my advices. I told him (because he was ignoring me) that it seems to me that he does not want the unit getting worked, and he instantly confirmed me my guess.

@sickmanfraud ship me the vape back and afterwards you will get your money back.

The story above has numerous inaccuracies. I was told and can show PM's where he quoted a shipping price of 18 Euros.

When Musa went to the Post Office he was told it would be 38 Euro. When I heard of this unauthorized increase I told him to cancel. I explained that his vape was already at the top of the price range for comparable vapes. At that point, MUSa said he would pay the additional 20 Euros himself.

He says above: ship me the vape back and afterwards you will get your money back. Then in a PM he says I am responsible for the 20 Euro (unauthorized by me) that he spent.

I believe that this should be taken to PM, but if Musa is permitted to talk about me I see no reason why I can not repay the favor.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I've noticed I haven't lowered the coil evenly and one side was lower, after correcting it, it is even closer to perfection now.
Stil going to make new coils just to try them out though...
Clapton coil might enhance the heat exchance with it's surface area, but I've heard it doesn't work in TC mode (or maybe tha's not true for ss claptons, or maybe you need TCR mode for that...?).
For wattage mode it might be great though.
...and nright now, wattage is the only mode I can use, because TC mode in my box mod doesn't work right.

Mist imp uses ss clapton that's great with TCR

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Easywider

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
The story above has numerous inaccuracies. I was told and can show PM's where he quoted a shipping price of 18 Euros.

When Musa went to the Post Office he was told it would be 38 Euro. When I heard of this unauthorized increase I told him to cancel. I explained that his vape was already at the top of the price range for comparable vapes. At that point, MUSa said he would pay the additional 20 Euros himself.

He says above: ship me the vape back and afterwards you will get your money back. Then in a PM he says I am responsible for the 20 Euro (unauthorized by me) that he spent.

I believe that this should be taken to PM, but if Musa is permitted to talk about me I see no reason why I can not repay the favor.

:zzz:

oddjobold,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

I have told you several times now that you needed to take this to PMs. I also told you that you can make one final post in this thread when the situation had been resolved. Well, you ignored my warnings and posted this instead. That will be your final contribution to this thread as I've applied a thread ban.

You don't get to have the final say of the matter just because you think you deserve it. Now take this up privately via PMs. Or don't. I don't care anymore but we've had quite enough play by play already so it ends now.

:peace:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
One long preheated hit (about 20-30 seconds) through a waterpipe at 60W:
About first 10 second gave thick vapor production, then it quickly faded and didn't return even when I slowed down for the rest of the hit to raise the temp.
So I think it was pretty much depleted after those 10 secs.
Also still no combustion since putting the screens, even at these powerful wattages.
(The entire hit was taken without rotating any parts, comletely static)
hit.jpg

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
@Seek looks like a solid coil! A little bit more wire on that one side would make it perfect.

I use my Clapton coil with 31 watts

I tested Clapton ss316 wire the last two days and it comes up really durable. It's very elastic and it stays in form. Also when you bend it. This makes it secure now for shipping/dropping.

And I started to to screw the heating element tight with a tweezer. Had no coil failure with all my falling tests.

Also the important inner part of the vape is fully covered with stainless steel now, this secures the housing from heat and makes it impossible to damage the unit by overheating.

(pictures will be added)

Last edited:
MUSA Vaporizer,

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
my smartphone got stolen two days ago :(
it will take me a week to get my replacement SIM card...

MUSA Vaporizer,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Seems like my single-battery box mod doesn't only suck at TC, but Wattage mode too. 50W on a different (and better I think) double battery mod is much hotter than 60W on the single-battery one. And the box mod doesn't get as warm. Still hasn't combusted, but probably near the temps that could do it.
I thought my wattage reports were weird and it probably couldn't use that much power really. If the second box mod is more accurate, then 50W is about the maximum temp you could go with the standard stainless coil. I wouldn't go higher than that on this mod.
The first one seem to be trying but failing to output real 60W when I ask it to.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
60W is very high on a single cell, it only works if you are using real 30A CDR cells like the LG HB6 or the Sony VTC3 etc. Even with 20A cells it's on the high side and you'll shorten their life a lot.

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
that is the AVB with my coil, 30 watt with a two cell box mod:
(no stirring required!)

(i only used one o-ring in this picture to get a faster access to the coil)

Last edited:
MUSA Vaporizer,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I would like to get a mod capable of real good quality TC. But I'm not sure, if those mods can work wih dry coils like this.
Would it just detect that it's dry and just refuse to power it to protect the nonexistent wick?
Or is the maximum temperature you can dial the maximum temperature that a wet wick can withstand, which might possible be too low for this?
How hot does the coil need to run anyway?
In wattage mode engaging the power needed to vape with this can make the coil glow red-to-orange.
But when I vape in darkness I can see that glow drop when I start hitting, so maybe TC wouldn't need a glowing temperature to operate...?
Does any Musa 510 owner have a TC capable mod to try the TC with this?
I would hate to buy an expensive TC mod to find out I can't use it with this.

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
I guess, @KeroZen can give you more info on this. Otherwise take a look at the Splinter thread or a similar 510 vape. Folks there are discussing TC up and down the whole thread.

blokenoname,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
And we're waiting confirmation from that new user who said he was successful in using a good YiHi variant, so there is even some hope there! But until confirmed, @Easywider is right, they should be avoided as several users confirmed their dry hit protection prevents us from using them for dry herbs.

But apart from that @Seek, it works really well. The pioneers can be found in the DIY section, read the "BULLI" thread first, then "the Project" one initiated by @Pipes

Afterwards it led to a new breed of very good semi-commercial products, with the Splinter first (and variants), then the StemPod (and Si variant), the Imp (and later Impcognito), the Glow (also German), the Musa discussed here, and now the upcoming and soon renamed "herbie".

There is also the Divine Tribe dry herb atty but it's a conduction one, whereas all others above are true on-demand convection.

We have a thread dedicated to mod talk, listing the good ones suitable for our use case. We also have another thread dedicated to firmware settings, where we share profiles and tips and talk about DNA boards and ArticFox or my_evic custom firmware etc.

Come join us there!

Last edited:

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
Tc works with my boxmod but not with the cold resistance. I have to increase the cold resistance setting with the box mod from 0.7 ohm to about 0.85-0.9 ohm. Thats not optimal since it is a little bit tricky to adjust it correctly.

Have you guys experienced something similar? With my cold (real) coil resistance the coil seems to stay too cold (with 210°C) but my boxmod setting goes up to 300°C on the display. If I set the resistance too high (1 ohm) the coil heats up very slow. Because of that I prefer wattage mode with my box.

I didn't find the box mod discussion thread @KeroZen
Could you maybe post the link in here? :)
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
MUSA Vaporizer,
Reactions: KeroZen
Top Bottom