Munchies

grokit

well-worn member
@ataxian, gluten is a whole :worms: imo.

I've been looking into it as a trigger and it is interesting. But the short version is I don't seem to have these sensitivities to us.organic, and to eu-orgined wheat products (like artisan breads, or pasta from italy).

The us monocultured and weaponized big wheat during the cold war, and these increased yields came at a cost to our collective health. There is a unique type of gluten found in the "short stalk" variety that we settled on that seems to be causing all of the problems, and because the roots don't go very deep it offers less nutrients to boot. Not only does it have this nasty type of gluten in it, but it was further engineered to tolerate a larger amount of pesticides and herbicides which generates more problematic symptoms.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian, gluten is a whole :worms: imo.

I've been looking into it as a trigger and it is interesting. But the short version is I don't seem to have these sensitivities to us.organic, and to eu-orgined wheat products (like artisan breads, or pasta from italy).

The us monocultured and weaponized big wheat during the cold war, and these increased yields came at a cost to our collective health. There is a unique type of gluten found in the "short stalk" variety that we settled on that seems to be causing all of the problems, and because the roots don't go very deep it offers less nutrients to boot. Not only does it have this nasty type of gluten in it, but it was further engineered to tolerate a larger amount of pesticides and herbicides which generates more problematic symptoms.
I know a lot about wheat trust me!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Interestingly enough, at least to me, is that I've also drastically reduced fruit & veggies, in the main effort of reducing fiber - or fibre, if you are from a civilized country - which is easing the leaky gut symptoms.

I love fruit. This sucks.

I find that as long as I focus on grass-fed, pastured, and wild-caught protein sources, and make sure I get plenty of healthy grass-fed & pastured fats, along with copious quantities of cannabis in every form I can (juicing okay, eating leaves not) (I'm making my own edibles, too), I don't have munchies.

Oh, and I'm down 113 lbs as of today. :D

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
drastically reduced fruit & veggies, in the main effort of reducing fiber - or fibre, if you are from a civilized country - which is easing the leaky gut symptoms.

I find that as long as I focus on grass-fed, pastured, and wild-caught protein sources, and make sure I get plenty of healthy grass-fed & pastured fats, along with copious quantities of cannabis in every form I can (juicing okay, eating leaves not) (I'm making my own edibles, too), I don't have munchies.

Whatever works in your case!

For me no gluten at all.
6 years ago I lost my ability to speak.
When I went gluten free my ability to speak came back?
We're all different for sure!

Health and nutrition are subjects dear to me!
One of my studies was nutritional chemisty.

Currentry I study USA and world history!
Munchies I get while entranced while learning!
Popcorn and chocolate truffles and a glass of almond milk are what I normally snack on.

I study best after medicating with cannabis!

grokit

well-worn member
@grokit. Have you shared your recipe anywhere? Sounds like it could be just what I need.
I took some low-fat organic coconut milk (the kind you drink that comes in an aseptic container, not the kind you cook with that comes in a can), threw in some frozen organic berries and mashed them up a bit, then added 100% juice concentrate to flavor and sweeten the coconut milk to taste. The popsicle I pictured worried me because it showed a bit of separation, but it was the first one and the rest stayed mixed up quite well. For my next batch I will use tropical fruit and juice concentrate instead of berries to switch things up.

olysh pops

Since moving from combustion to vaping I have gained a few kilos which have been piling on slowly but surely. I do believe part of the culprit been ‘the munchies’.

I have always had it while combusting but since vaping the munchies effect has grown to some scary proportions…

What do you do to combat that Munchies effect?

I think that stopping combustion change the feel of satiety during meal. When I have stopped combustion I would have never stop eating if I only have listened to my satiety feeling.

Nicotine patch can help a lot to stop smoking and reduce hunger.

Instead of stopping patch few weeks after stopping smoke, reduce slowly patch size, month after month.

Last time I've stopped smoking, I get 10 kg more, this time it is "only" 5kg more.

I agree with @Iwien when he says : "to go to bed BEFORE the munchies begin to appear"

since starting vaping, I simply never feel like going to bed after medicating

It is surely not the best method, but I find that drinking few beers after vaping can help to go to bed :freak:

SUIGENER1S

Since moving from combustion to vaping I have gained a few kilos which have been piling on slowly but surely. I do believe part of the culprit been ‘the munchies’.

I have always had it while combusting but since vaping the munchies effect has grown to some scary proportions…

I call it the popcorn effect or should it be the Pringles effect “ Once you pop you can’t stop!” :rofl:

Is anyone in the same predicament?

I have tried to reduce it by munching on a bag of cornflakes, carrots, rice cakes, well anything slightly healthier than a bag a crisps or sweets but find it extremely tough.

Chewing gums kind of work but I need to eat lots in order to keep the flavor going and the downside is that your teeth and jaw hurt after a while. :cuss:

So this is my question:

What do you do to combat that Munchies effect?
WATER! WATER, and more you guessed it WATER! most f the time the munchie effect is from the dehydrating. I drink an extra large glass of water after vaping and this decreases the munchie feeling tremendously.

pileus

I would assert that after the cerebral effects, appetite stimulation or munchies is the first and foremost effect of our beloved plant. As seen in this thread, that can be good or bad, depending on your individual situation.

I've had lifelong GI issues, now Crohn's-like...so, nauseous most of the time with little appetite. But vaping just explodes my appetite, to the point that I put on +10 lbs. Simply lose all control and eat everything in sight. Two things I've done:

Modulate my use by exploring other botanicals with my new Mighty. It's fun to research the wide range of plants and herbs out there, and many do not stim the appetite.

Reconsider the types of food I keep on hand and make changes. Candy, ice cream, and potato chips are my main vices. Trying to phase all these out and replace with better options...nuts, fruit for the sugar craving, and lentil chips to hit the savory button. More hydration (not alcohol or sodas....empty calories and two of the most dangerous substances IMO).

To me, the whole Schedule I argument ("no medicinal value") is easily dispatched by the clear and persistent appetite stimulation that most (but not all) feel from the plant. This is of incredible value to peeps with GI disorders, those on chemo, etc. And we all know there are loads of other benefits.

throwawaytre3s

Frozen grapes and seltzer water are my go to snacks usually. I have a weakness for soft pretzels s and honey mustard though, but I usually gravitate towards those after drinking. I keep a ton of almonds around as well.

Edit: pretzels

Last edited:

hibeam

alpha +
Late to this party but might have some key info. Some people are chronic deficient in folate and do not metabolize folic acid additives for genetic reasons. Their bodies starve and gain fat. Correct the deficiency and lose the munchies. Chromium in supplements helps mitochondria convert sugar to energy? I get munchies from high CBD pot. Vaping at low temps prevents a CBD load? It sure does jolt me like espresso and suppress my appetite until my body is ready for refueling. I am grain free pescaterian, avoiding garlic, onions, cruciferous veggies, and rancid or stale food. Staples for me are fish, sweet potatoes, yuca/cassava, berries, melon, citrus, noncruciferous salad greens, some cooked fruit like apples or pears, blanched almonds, but no potatoes, eggs, or dairy. I have spent the last thirty years researching and getting tests to solve health and weight problems. Now I focus on my gut bacteria's balance and avoid foods I have low tolerance for according to tests. I am in my mid fifties and can kick the asses of most of my peers and many younger than I. I medicate for brain chemistry issues not touched by diet/lifestyle. Most of you here are probably genetically superior to me.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, at least to me, is that I've also drastically reduced fruit & veggies, in the main effort of reducing fiber - or fibre, if you are from a civilized country - which is easing the leaky gut symptoms.

Try an infusion. Helped cut down the fiber intake problems over here and Im still getting my fruit and vegge fix.

DisgruntledSmoker,
Reactions: Enchantre

Cardiox

I have always gotten the munchies when I was to smoke just once in awhile. Upon smoking habitually I noticed that the effects on my appetite were much lessened, though cannabis always makes food taste better to me! When I did vape, it was with my friend's desktop unit. Or with my friend who often used a portable with me before we did whatever we were planning. I do not recall getting the munchies to be honest. I feel an overall sense of well being but my appetite was not necessarily insatiable. I read vaporizing can cause a release of CBDs but much less than smoking. I would just like some insight into this if anyone has some! I am also very bored!

zor

I....I'm ashamed....I try to eat healthily and keep junk outta my home, but recently I wanted to make some thc infused gummies.....so I bought some jello mix and gelatin, getting ready to make some this weekend....and....last night, well....I had a great vape session and was craving sugar, I didn't realize how strong that compelled me....and I ate the entire god damn packet of jello powder.

Cardiox

Yeah when I actually smoke rather than vape , I usually do it before dinner. I do something called intermittent fasting and my dinner is ALWAYS at least 2000 calories and my second meal has to be at least 1000. But the relevance of me telling you that is... I have been known to go well over that lol :(

Cardiox,
Top Bottom