Munchies

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thank you all for the tips!!

It is indeed interesting to see how everyone's feelings differ from one another.

I have already tried many approaches named above but to no avail.

I am surprised at the comments about “going to bed before the munchies kicked in”, the reason is, since starting vaping, I simply never feel like going to bed after medicating. :buzz:

The good old combusting used to send me on a express train to the bedroom but vaping has the entire opposite effect even with a pure Indica. Whatever strain it is, it simply sends me buzzing and looking for excuses not to go to bed in order to indulge in some more, I guess it’s the good old addiction smiling down/up at me. :evil:
When I first started vaping, I was hooked on the taste of the lower temps, and stayed there avoiding the popcorn-flavor of the higher-up temps. Unfortunately, also noticed the same effect you mention... Gotta get up and go do something!

After going the whole route of water & ice use, was able to comfortably vape at much higher temperatures and subsequently was able to extract the more sedative compounds.

If only the Twilight movies had a similar ending, I may have been more of a fan! LOL

Healthy munchies. Apples with peanut butter, bananas, smoothies, etc. If you get hungry may as well eat healthy!
Agreed! And to add to this, when you eat healthy just throw back a small portion and then stop/wait a while for your stomach to send an update to your brain.... It takes time for this signal to be received and processed, so the hungry feeling goes away. This is why some overeat so easily, as they eat so fast that they get overstuffed before their body can signal for a halt.

...got a bottle of a nice single malt scotch...
Details? Used to love a really good single malt! I don't partake any longer, but always happy to take a trip down memory lane!

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
One reason I use MMJ is to stimulate appetite. Without marijuana I never feel hunger.

I can only get the munchies when I vape at lower/medium temps 360F/375 and then putting down the vape for a few hours. With high temps or constant vaping it's a no go.

grokit

well-worn member
One reason I use MMJ is to stimulate appetite. Without marijuana I never feel hunger.

I can only get the munchies when I vape at lower/medium temps 360F/375 and then putting down the vape for a few hours. With high temps or constant vaping it's a no go.

I have a similar type of hunger issue, sometimes I'm not hungry but I know I need to eat. So I start to nibble on something anyways and as soon as I start WHAM! I'm famished.

grokit

well-worn member
My current rationing systems is to buy sugar cones,
I seem to eat less at a time if I make a cone.

It doesn't always work though,
sometimes If I'm on a roll (vaked) I can't stop at just one cone!

Weight isn't the issue for me (can't keep it on lately),
but it certainly does gum up the works and make me feel like crap if I overdo it.

Tweek

I like ice cream waaay too much, I'm pretty sure it's my most harmful vice at this point!

Oh man, I love ice cream. I used to polish off a pint of haagen dazs ice cream a few times a week after work, I was so stressed out. I stopped that real quick lol

Enchantre

Oil Painter
My current rationing systems is to buy sugar cones,
I seem to eat less at a time if I make a cone.

It doesn't always work though,
sometimes If I'm on a roll (vaked) I can't stop at just one cone!

Weight isn't the issue for me (can't keep it on lately),
but it certainly does gum up the works and make me feel like crap if I overdo it.
Run, do not walk, to your personal health care provider, please. Unexplained weight loss can be indicative of an issue.

grokit

well-worn member
Run, do not walk, to your personal health care provider, please. Unexplained weight loss can be indicative of an issue.

Thanks for your concerns, the chronic nausea is one of the reasons I have my mmj certification :\
I qualify in at least three different ways according to the state and my doc.

The weight loss is not entirely unexplained, and has stabilized. I'm slender now but not skinny;
also it is better for my orthopedic conditions to carry less weight around.

I ate way too much ice cream over the holidays,
mostly organic but it made me feel like shit for a couple of weeks.

But back OT, I do love this stuff:
Aldens.jpg

They have a couple of great chocolate chip varieties as well :evil:

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Me and RUDE have a lot in common it seems.. I NEED one or two low temp hits to get rid of nausea and so i can eat something successfully. Peanut M&Ms and ice cream are all i need to remove from my diet. Other than that, i like healthy food.

Skyscraper

That ice cream looks awesome grokit, and my brother's name is Alden. haha haven't heard that name around too much other than my bro and his grandpa! Most defnitely agree with Iwien that I could put down a pint of Ben and Jerry's in 20 minutes or under.. Reminds me of people I knew that used to see how quickly they could put down a 40oz bottle of malt liquor.. :puke:

Going to college with a lot of suburb kids showed me that they like to buy into this urban lifestyle hood shit. :shrug: I've pretty much grown up in small towns and the backwoods

Anyway, some of my favorite munchies? Pasta no doubt. Spaghetti, lasagna.. Fried foods. Mmm... and I really love the sensation of a peppermint patty when I'm baked :chill:

grokit

well-worn member
Yeah I used to inhale a pint of haagen dazs chocolate chocolate chip back in the day,
That stuff is badazz. I called it an ice cream enema.
:razz:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Nothing better than my grandmas homemade ice cream from tha cows down tha road.. Oh and i get free fresh beef for protecting their animals from coyotes/fox :)

Oh oh oh! And i LOVE their fresh brown eggs..

PieceFrog

The smoker I drink, the player I get.
Couple munchies with couch-lock and you've got the perfect recipe for tight pants and cardiovascular hassles!

I know and battle this phenomena often.

Success (for me) results from minimizing sugar and refined carbohydrate intake. Whole foods if at all possible (quality stuff too: steak, whole seafood, whole chickens, whole fruit, grilled vegetables, etc).

If I'm drinking alcohol - forget it, I'll eat death food all day long without care. Booze is a much worse hunger generator than cannabis (for me) and this recent Holiday season proved to be a gentle reminder :ugh:

PieceFrog,

5dogswalking

Sugar is my demon. Chocolate. I stay away for several years. Once I start I don't come up for air until I've gained 20 lbs. Seriously. I have done the same thing over and over and over. You would think I'd learn. My avatar is exactly about this subject. Don't let your mind bully your body. I get low and sugar seduces me back in for that escape. And it is even better when high. I'm thinking of making a rule to use in the moment of surrendering...that I can choose between getting high or eating chocolate. My best bet is all or nothing. It has been my only successful approach to date.

I agree with PieceFrog that drinking is worse than vaping. Because the sugar in alcohol primes the pump.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Just had a cinnamon raisin bagel with strawberry cream cheese.. I'm not really that medicated though, just hungry.

KidFated.,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

lwien

Man, how things have changed. My munchies used be:

Pringles
Pizza
In and Out Burgers
Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream
or to put it another way..........any kind of junk food that was bad for me but tasted great.

Now, when I get the munchies, I reach for:
A bright red Fuji apple
Handful of fresh blueberries
Handful of fresh blackberries
5 or 6 fresh strawberries
Handful of raw almonds
An orange

And ya know what? The stuff I'm eating now fills my munchie void as good as the stuff I used to eat. Of course, very few of you are actually going to believe that......;)

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I always eat like crazy....but I'm a fat ass and an emotional eater...the herb just adds to the whole deal :D

That's me man. I have tried every way possible to kick the munchies ass and still find myself in the kitchen with my hand in some bag of food.

As far as eating healthy. Yeah I tried that too. Problem is nuts aren't healthy when you eat them a bag at a time. :)

Tweek

Yup, that's my problem too, so what I do now is to get a bag of nuts that have individual smaller bags of nuts inside the larger bag. It doesn't solve the problem completely, but it sure helps.

I would just keep opening the tiny bag of nuts, until I had no nuts left.

Top Bottom