MS spasticity and cannabis

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I just spent two weeks in the hospital after breaking my leg real nasty-like. Prior to this injury, it had probably been well over a year since I have been able to go a full day without using cannabis. Knowing right away that I was going to have to spend days or weeks in the hospital, I was scared of the spasticity that awaited me. I have tried a few times to go a full day without weed, but spasticity always wins. When that happens, the only option is to get high.

As you may expect, I was unable to use cannabis during my hospital stay (in Ohio). But after a few days in the hospital, I began to realize I hadn't experienced much (or any) spasticity. That doesn't happen.

I didn't get it.

After another 10 or 11 days without weed, still no spasticity.

I got out of the hospital yesterday. Since my home had been illegally searched while I was away, and since all my gear was illegally seized by scumbag cops (long story), I arranged for my dude to visit me yesterday.

My new bag sat there untouched last night for many hours. Before long, not really wanting to get high, I realized my spasticity had been eliminated by Percocet. Not cured, of course; just eliminated while I'm on Percocet.

Unfortunately, Percocet is not a viable option for regular spasticity treatment, due to both its limited availability and its side effects. And since I'm going to be taking Percocet for a while, I hope I don't end up a junkie. (I'm pretty sure that won't happen.)

However, with Percocet having worked so wonderfully for me the last couple weeks that I have had very little motivation to use cannabis, now I realize my cannabis use is nearly 100% legitimately medical (because I don't take enough Percocet to get high). (Honestly, I believe cannabis is medicine for everyone who chooses to use it.)

Seems like I had another point to make. Regardless, Percocet helps immensely with my spasticity; way more than cannabis. Also, now I know my cannabis usage is nearly purely for medical reasons.

Here's a video I made to document my injury ordeal, beginning during my ambulance ride to the hospital, and ending earlier today on my couch. I think it's a pretty compelling video. And wait till you see the x-rays. (It's after 8:00 PM and I still haven't used today.)

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
WoW dude :o ! BTDT and more twice in my lifetime with MV accidents (and never want to prove that 'three strikes ... your out' theory), and I just wanted to pipe in here to whole heartedly wish you a short and positive recovery Bro

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
I just spent two weeks in the hospital after breaking my leg real nasty-like. Prior to this injury, it had probably been well over a year since I have been able to go a full day without using cannabis. Knowing right away that I was going to have to spend days or weeks in the hospital, I was scared of the spasticity that awaited me. I have tried a few times to go a full day without weed, but spasticity always wins. When that happens, the only option is to get high.

As you may expect, I was unable to use cannabis during my hospital stay (in Ohio). But after a few days in the hospital, I began to realize I hadn't experienced much (or any) spasticity. That doesn't happen.

I didn't get it.

After another 10 or 11 days without weed, still no spasticity.

I got out of the hospital yesterday. Since my home had been illegally searched while I was away, and since all my gear was illegally seized by scumbag cops (long story), I arranged for my dude to visit me yesterday.

My new bag sat there untouched last night for many hours. Before long, not really wanting to get high, I realized my spasticity had been eliminated by Percocet. Not cured, of course; just eliminated while I'm on Percocet.

Unfortunately, Percocet is not a viable option for regular spasticity treatment, due to both its limited availability and its side effects. And since I'm going to be taking Percocet for a while, I hope I don't end up a junkie. (I'm pretty sure that won't happen.)

However, with Percocet having worked so wonderfully for me the last couple weeks that I have had very little motivation to use cannabis, now I realize my cannabis use is nearly 100% legitimately medical (because I don't take enough Percocet to get high). (Honestly, I believe cannabis is medicine for everyone who chooses to use it.)

Seems like I had another point to make. Regardless, Percocet helps immensely with my spasticity; way more than cannabis. Also, now I know my cannabis usage is nearly purely for medical reasons.

Here's a video I made to document my injury ordeal, beginning during my ambulance ride to the hospital, and ending earlier today on my couch. I think it's a pretty compelling video. And wait till you see the x-rays. (It's after 8:00 PM and I still haven't used today.)

Wow indeed, @smokum . I am so sorry you have had to endure such a unimaginably challenging experience, @Aimless Ryan. I hope you can find some peace and maybe even opportunity for profound spiritual growth from all this. You are in my heart.

u bwade wunner

Damn Aimless I feel for You man.

My dad also has MS and I've seen the mental pain as well as the physical pain growing up with him as a boy.His determination to make a go of things is a lesson to me .He's 73 and in his words he's just getting going. He has slow progressive MS since 1976. He was diagnosed after a bad car crash.After recovery from the car crash,he left hospital.He noticed he would drop things out of his hand like his newspaper or his ciggy box for no reason.He decided to get checked out by a doc.He was diagnosed with MS.
I will see him in September.he used to joke about trying MJ as even in the 80s it was well known as an aid to the shakes.

You are a real trooper.I watched most of the vids on you're channel.Shit they made me laugh so much So creative too.I identify with your spirit.I too have left everything and travelled through countries on an old $3 bicycle with no intention of where I was going,I just needed to get out of town for a while.

I was never as brave to not take money with me though.Camping out on the side of the road is exhilarating.I lived on oats.and I met so many great people.I was living my life for real and opting out of this crazy unbalanced system we all live in.just my opinion I guess.

It's You're thread Man,added Thanks for starting it..it was so needed for so many reasons.I wish You luck and get well soon.

Reach out anytime You want to chat or anything.Did You get a log sorted?

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

I'm sure it's difficult for some people to watch this video, but I love it; despite the fact that I have always disliked seeing and hearing myself on video. What I love most: As rough as it is for the first few clips (the day of the injury, prior to surgery), it takes a drastic turn after that, which I see in that guy's face, instantly.

Even though it's me, it's kinda not me. Which is why I say "that guy."

I don't even remember arriving at the hospital, or anything until waking up from surgery, but the second and third clip are from the emergency room, prior to surgery. It seems like I should remember making the emergency room clips, especially considering I seem so with-it in the ambulance, but I don't even remember an emergency room; at least right now. The first thing I remember after being in the ambulance is being confused because someone told me I had just gotten out of surgery, during what felt like the moment after riding to the hospital. And not surprisingly, even that memory is pretty cloudy.

It's good to see yourself get better; to witness yourself with hope. Especially after what I've been through lately. I'm beginning to think everyone should document their lives like I've been doing lately, and share it with the world. I've been wondering for a long time if I'm a total fraud, but there is nothing remotely fake about these videos. Also, all of my recent videos are damn near totally uncut.

My favorite part of this video is the wheelchair clip. I love hearing that guy laugh, and seeing him smile. My friend Julie recorded that part. Up until a couple days prior to that, I hadn't spoken to her in almost exactly a year. She was on my shit list, and she knew it. But she came to see me anyway, and it made me have fun. And even though the issue from a year ago has not been resolved, I got a good friend back. Which I guess is because this horrible series of events has made me grow. Or grow up or something.

Camping out on the side of the road is exhilarating .

Totally!

That's where I spent most of my nights in 2010; right beside the road. One time I even had to sleep with my tent touching the road (on the road between La Veta Pass and La Veta, Colorado). It also snowed on me that night. On May 14. Shit, that's like tomorrow, isn't it?

u bwade wunner

On May 14

Sure is tommorow How about that!

great video btw.definitely will watch again .Good to see You looking better.

My travels were great. thunderstorms In a tent damn.

Last edited:

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Holy shit, bad break dude.

Interesting vlog.

My favourite part was also the wheelchair 'guy'.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I too suffer severe spasticity, and take pharmaceuticals for it, and for pain..... but Medical Marijuana has allowed me to reduce my use of all drugs to an acceptable level.
I am totally off Baclofen, and have reduced my use of Diazapam to half.
I have reduced my consumption of Oxycodone to 1/4 where it was. My Trazadone is down to 33% of what I had to take.
I was only able to do this with the help of Medical Marijuana, but I know that I must continue taking low levels of medications to walk and function as I do, and to keep a positive quality of life.
@Aimless Ryan would like his story seen, and so, I am going to help him out.
I am not a proponent of Narcotic drugs, but rather I am a promoter of the use of Medical Marijuana.
Nonetheless, I am going to share his story....
First learn about him: Go to http://www.aimlessmovie.com/index.html and see Ryans story, his life prior to the situation we have seen him in here.
On Facebook see his comments at https://www.facebook.com/AimlessRyan
Finally go to Youtube, and see the videos at his channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIf8X-OkX3YVxRdy1HdBpg

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

Thanks for the bump, Vito.

I'm not sure I remember starting this thread or anything about this thread, so it was interesting for me to read my original post after more than a year. I think it's particularly interesting that I mentioned Percocet (oxycodone) not being a viable option for spasticity treatment, because I was very wrong. When I said that, it was merely 2 weeks since the first time I had ever taken Percocet (or any other opioid). When I said that, I still didn't realize I had already been in tremendous pain for years prior to breaking my leg. (I now realize I'm crippled by pain, not multiple sclerosis; which my videos prove.) I guess the biggest reason why I said Percocet would not be a viable treatment is because I was still brainwashed by all the people trying to make believe opioids are the devil. Which I had kinda believed on my own for the previous 30 years. Additionally, I had been on hospital doses for a couple weeks when I wrote it. Considering that, in addition to stress from my recent gruesome injury, my head surely wasn't quite right.

Turns out, when you only take less than enough opioid medication to do the job, you risk nothing. No addiction. No constipation. No anything else. All it does is save your life if you're in my condition. I now feel pretty strongly that the only people who risk addiction or physical dependence are people who intentionally use opioids specifically to get high, repeatedly. I didn't do that, and the vast majority of people who are prescribed opioids don't do that.

Thanks to 2nd and 3rd-degree burns on my leg and buttock (mostly) a month later, I ended up taking oxycodone every day for five months last year; from April 27 to mid or late-September. I feared becoming an accidental junkie the whole time.

Never happened. Nothing ever happened. Probably because I made the choice to take much lower dosage than prescribed.

Not only did oxycodone stop my spasticity and save my life, but it also did countless other positive things for me. Which can be seen very clearly in my videos; both instantly and over a long period of time. Most notably perhaps, it made me stronger. Which can be clearly seen in several of the videos I've made this year. One of those videos is uncut (with many of the parts that would've normally been cut sped up significantly). (I'm not sure why there's no preview picture.)

Here's a playlist from last year, showing my improvement over time: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpheHPi3wu5PFLLR1BiIUhgNtKZxVZZkI

One thing I like about the videos in the playlist is that I'm not sure if I ever mention oxycodone (excluding the first video). Yet there is very clear improvement. Some of the improvement happened because I was healing from my injuries, but most of the improvement happened because oxycodone helps me in countless ways. I guess I didn't mention oxycodone in these videos because when I made the videos, I didn't realize how much oxycodone helped me.

Here's the video I think does the best job of showing how oxycodone helps me pretty much instantly.

To learn some of the other ways oxycodone helps me, read the description of the above video.

I have learned so much about opioids/oxycodone in the year since I started this thread; specifically because I have taken a shitload of oxycodone. I've never been high on it (except for maybe once, which was from taking only what the burn unit gave me, and was also miserable). I've never withdrawn from it (even after taking it again for a few months earlier this year). I've only ever had one side effect from it, which only happens when I take hospital dosage (constipation).

Also, @Vitolo, you are unbelievably classy. Just taking the time to find out the things you have shared about me here was classy enough, but to share it with others how you have could save my life. And so many other things. Because everyone knows you are the fucking man. I already knew for two years that you're the dude, but now I know you're the fucking man. You should put "The Fucking Man" where it says Vaporist.

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

I already knew for two years that you're the dude, but now I know you're the fucking man.

Weird. I didn't know this when I wrote that, but today is exactly 2 years since I joined FC. I later received a notification informing me of that.

Aimless Ryan,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom