• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Most stealthy portable vape

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the portable vape game and trying to decide on one. I'm sure this questions been asked quite many times on this site and I've done my reasearch, but i'm still unsure on whats the best fit for me. I want something that you can easily put in your pocket, so that excludes the Solo or some of the larger ones. Also my other big priority is, how much does it smell. Now I know its impossible to block out smell completly, but I'm sure some vape's emit smell moreso then others. I want something that I could puff in a room, and would be unnoticable to anyone outside of the room, or even if someone where to enter the room shortly after a sesh. I also don't want a device that tends to have a stench even when not being used(I am not against cleaning something fairly reguarly to prevent this.). I've never used a portable vape so I really don't know how bad they tend to reek, if anybody could give an example that would be great. From the vape's I've looked at so far it seems the Magic Flight box or the Da vinci may be the best fit for me, but I still have my doubts. Very interested in what you guys have to suggest, my budget is around the 50-150 range.

Lifeisgood,

Pcpvapors

Vapor smells like vapor either way, the thing you should worry about is how much the unit itself will smell. Vapor dissipates quickly and most can't tell the smell only when the unit is heating it is when I notice it anymore. Stealth factor would be thermovape evo on a 510 Ecig for flowers or the straight omicron for oils.

EDIT: the puffit just came out and it is literally modeled after a medical inhaler, can't really give good word on it as the reviews arent out on it yet. Looks promising but looks can be deceiving.

Pcpvapors,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
IMO, the Magic Flight Launch box is the most stealthy. The last time I used it in public was during "The Avengers." I vaped throughout the whole movie, and no one noticed. :)

Vicki,
IMO, the Magic Flight Launch box is the most stealthy. The last time I used it in public was during "The Avengers." I vaped throughout the whole movie, and no one noticed. :)

I have an MFLB and I disagree. Yes in the right situation it can be very stealth - like in a dark movie theatre, where no one can see what you are inhaling from. But in daylight public, I always feel paranoid using it. I usually duck into an alley before medicating with MFLB in public. I mean, it's a wooden box I'm inhaling from for 10-20 seconds. What else could it be if not a cannabis consumption device?

kingofnull,

Pcpvapors

MFLB really doesn't get the stealth factor with IMHO. I've seen all the videos of people showing their best way to hide it but it still shows tremendously. The factor that kills the stealth is the battery sticking way the hell out. Don't get me wrong my MFLB comes with me to every concert I attend (signed by various names at this point as well) I mean it does well in a very crowded distracted setting but for this situation id actually pass on it. I've also run into a huge smell issue with the MFLB even with 2 or 3 good ISO cleanings as soon as I put some herb and press the battery in for the first time I'll stink up the house, hell it may have absorbed into the wood I don't know. The Palm will also be arriving soon which looks promising as well but it's really a tough call.

Pcpvapors,
I mean it does well in a very crowded distracted setting

Exactly.

I also agree about the smell. It's very prevalent at least with my MFLB - I can almost always smell cannabis while using it. The PUFFiT does a much better job of keeping the smell hidden IMO. It's not completely scent-less, but certainly more so than MFLB.

kingofnull,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I honestly have never had an odor issue with any of the three MFLB's I own. I've also used my MFLB in broad daylight too. At Kennedy Space Center, Universal Studios, etc, etc. No one paid one bit of attention to me, and I was in a wheelchair.

Vicki,
I honestly have never had an odor issue with any of the three MFLB's I own. I've also used my MFLB in broad daylight too. At Kennedy Space Center, Universal Studios, etc, etc. No one paid one bit of attention to me, and I was in a wheelchair.

Likely no one is paying attention to me either when using my MFLB, but paranoia sets in and I just feel more comfortable with a device that looks like a medical instrument.

I think the issue with the MFLB smell is the gap between the screen and the actual box, and also the air intake at the back, where vapor occasionally escapes during inhale. Maybe you're just used to the smell; I can't believe it's completely scent free. Again though, likely no one else notices it except for me.

kingofnull,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Likely no one is paying attention to me either when using my MFLB, but paranoia sets in and I just feel more comfortable with a device that looks like a medical instrument.

I think the issue with the MFLB smell is the gap between the screen and the actual box, and also the air intake at the back, where vapor occasionally escapes during inhale. Maybe you're just used to the smell; I can't believe it's completely scent free. Again though, likely no one else notices it except for me.

My husband is a non-toker, and he has said he can't smell anything. He's my "radar" (LOL), and I get paranoid myself. I ask him a lot, "can you smell anything?"

Vicki,
My husband is a non-toker, and he has said he can't smell anything. He's my "radar" (LOL), and I get paranoid myself. I ask him a lot, "can you smell anything?"

Hey if you say so :shrug:.

I'm not knocking the MFLB, it's been my daily driver for around two years now. I still use it when I just want a quick vape, but I do think the PUFFiT has it beat for stealth use.

kingofnull,
Reactions: Vicki

Pcpvapors

There's a lot of variables as far as scent (herb quality, dryness, grind, etc) just in my experience it's a great event device. I've also suffered a battery explosion in my pocket ( the battery was capped). See if there's a LHS near you and play with one a little bit and see if it's your thing I mean there's a place for mine but it's definitely not a daily driver IMHO.

Pcpvapors,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I mean there's a place for mine but it's definitely not a daily driver IMHO.

Again, I have to say that the MFLB is the only vaporizer I use on a daily basis, and I am a medical user. It always medicates me properly. I know more than one person where the MFLB is their only vap too.

Vicki,
MFLB was my only for a while, and I agree I used it daily. Multiple times a day too.

edit: sounds like I'm talking about my precious.

kingofnull,
Reactions: Vicki

Pcpvapors

I'm not saying it can't be I'm just saying there's a hell of a lot better as a daily driver even in the portable sense.

Pcpvapors,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I have small hands. I can easily hold my LB so you can't see it, including the battery. When I hit it, it looks like I'm covering a yawn, or maybe I'm just resting my chin in my hands. Even people who know I have it and expect me to use it don't notice. If you can't keep your LB completely hidden, you're doing it wrong.

DreamTime

I would look very closely at ThermoVape. It's stealthy, portable and modular.

ThermoVape has 2 different solutions for doing flowers (The T1 and the Evolution), and 2 options for concentrates (the Revolution and the DART). Their solutions support vaping bud, oil, and hash.... don't know of anyone else with a portable solution that can do all that right now today.

If you are only looking at a portable solution for Oil, then take a close look at THC Scientific. Their Omicron and Persei units are awesome. They are also developing bud and hash solutions.

Both ThermoVape and THC Scientific are US companies with great customer service and support - the importance of this can't be over-stated.... portable vapes are tricky. Having a company that stands behind their products and is there for you when you need help can't be emphasized enough.

I have small hands. I can easily hold my LB so you can't see it, including the battery. When I hit it, it looks like I'm covering a yawn, or maybe I'm just resting my chin in my hands. Even people who know I have it and expect me to use it don't notice. If you can't keep your LB completely hidden, you're doing it wrong.

I don't know, I've got fairly large hands, and at certain angles its's pretty clear I'm holding a wooden box. I've worked out different stealth solutions for the MFLB, but in the end decided the PUFFiT was just a better stealth option for me. I don't even really need to hide the thing.

kingofnull,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't know, I've got fairly large hands, and at certain angles its's pretty clear I'm holding a wooden box. I've worked out different stealth solutions for the MFLB, but in the end decided the PUFFiT was just a better stealth option for me. I don't even really need to hide the thing.

I wish I had mine here, I'd post some pics. Unfortunately it will be another month before I see mine again.

So you think hitting an "inhaler" for 20-30 seconds is discreet? Have you ever seen how a real puffer is used?

I hit mine for 10-15 seconds. And yes, I've had inhalers that require longer/slower inhales.

I have an MFLB, so I know the types of hand technique you'd use. I'll admit that in the winter I can fully cover it and pretend to be blowing into my hands. But even your example of covering a yawn or resting your hand on your chin... at certain angles I feel like the wood does show. Someone walking beside/past you on the sidewalk is going to see a gap between your face and your hand. That's why I usually duck into an alley or medicate somewhere more private with my MFLB.

I don't disagree that it's a stealthy vape. Before PUFFiT and to a lesser degree PAX, I thought MFLB was the stealthiest. I've owned an Iolite, used a Davinci and held a Solo, and none are as small or easy to hide as an MFLB. Now that I've owned both MFLB and PUFFiT, I find the latter far stealthier.

kingofnull,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Each to his own. I am usually sitting down when I do it in public. I've never even drawn a second look. Not to mention, since you're in the GTA, nobody there gives a shit anyway.

Not to mention, since you're in the GTA, nobody there gives a shit anyway.

True enough. My paranoia is probably unfounded. In reality I'm sure everyone else is so wrapped up in their own world that they don't really notice anyone else anyways.

kingofnull,

max

Out to lunch
kingofnull said:
Agreed, PUFFiT is the most stealthy portable vape available.
You forgot to add 'IMO'. I think stealth, during use, depends on the situation. Since I can hit the DaVinci or iolite while they sit in my shirt pocket, those two beat the Puffit in my book (iolite hissing aside). I can also hide the MF in my hand, so I'm usually more comfortable with that model as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom