most expensive vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweek

The question is, how many vapes are better than the Volcano? :D

The Volcano is starting to become officially the most overprized vape in the vaporizing industry, even after they put the retail price at 50% from what it was 2 years ago.

I think they only have profit on the Volcano because it was the first or one of the first medical vaporizers.

And their second unit is equally redundant considering price and competition.

Yeah, I bought my Volcano out of curiosity, and it just sits there most of the time. Looks kinda neat, but most of my friends think bags are ridiculous and don't like using them. I also found that my throat always got really dry using bags.

After much more exposure to various vaporizers, I came to realize how ridiculous the price on a Volcano was. Quality built, for sure...but still overpriced IMO.

kahlilhc

Vaped Crusader/Serial Vapist
wow i too was thinking of getting a volcano just because i never got to USE one, not properly..........but you guys are making me reconsider.

The question is, how many vapes are better than the Volcano? :D

The Volcano is starting to become officially the most overprized vape in the vaporizing industry, even after they put the retail price at 50% from what it was 2 years ago.

I think they only have profit on the Volcano because it was the first or one of the first medical vaporizers.

And their second unit is equally redundant considering price and competition.
when it comes to balloons, how many vapes do it better/faster? herbalizer maybe..........not EQ

Last edited by a moderator:
kahlilhc,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yeah, i mean... no one is saying the vaporizer has bad quality or the heater is not accurate or whatever but, first of all, why have a vaporizer that lasts 10 years or 15 years when it is already completely outdated in every way possible? ( except durability in which in continues to be one of the best.)

And it was outdated a few years before the price drop. Compare the former Volcano price with the Herbalizer price and compare their performances and it gets even more ridiculous, i'm not even talking about the different usages available in the Herbalizer.

In another thread like a year ago i was saying i didn't understand how with all their know-how they could not come up with something better than the Plenty as their second unit because unlike most vape companies, S&B has a lot of technical personnel available so it is almost their duty to come up with something much better.

And with the Herbalizer comes the confirmation of what i said, we needed more experts in the field and more investment in R&D, and low and behold what happens when they do. :D

Why do you want to use ballons? YOu have the EQ, the Herbalaire and the Herbalizer. The EQ and Herbalaire retail for ~200USD, the Herbalizer for ~700USD so its a big difference but according to owners it is worth the invesment.

vorrange,
Reactions: SD_haze

SD_haze

so is the herbalizer officially better than a volcano?
I feel like the $1 million+ that the Herbalizer team spent on RDT&E was to make every facet of the vaporizer superior to the previous expensive bag-blowing vape, the volcano.

It's very difficult coming up with ONE feature or attribute the expensive volcano has over the expensive herbalizer. Perhaps someone who owns one can come up with one.
EDIT: perhaps durability. Volcano's built like a tank but I doubt the herbalizer is fragile.

SD_haze,

Tweek

wow i too was thinking of getting a volcano just because i never got to USE one, not properly..........but you guys are making me reconsider.

Obviously opinions vary on this, but I really don't see anything special about it. If you have access to a vapor lounge in your area, perhaps drop by and try it out there.

I have a herbalizer as well...and it is awesome IMO.

Tweek,

kahlilhc

Obviously opinions vary on this, but I really don't see anything special about it. If you have access to a vapor lounge in your area, perhaps drop by and try it out there.

I have a herbalizer as well...and it is awesome IMO.
unfortunately its a no on the vapor lounge, maybe next time i go Dam.............but as far as opinions, vape-critic rates it number one, but i have have a feeling it is FC members that comment saying it seems like a payed promotion:lol:

kahlilhc,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

unfortunately its a no on the vapor lounge, maybe next time i go Dam.............but as far as opinions, vape-critic rates it number one, but i have have a feeling it is FC members that comment saying it seems like a payed promotion:lol:

LOL yeah, vape-critic is not a reliable source of reviews IMO. He has a real hard on for Volcano, and I suspect it's because he is a shill. Can't prove that, but all his reviews seem to end in "this was a great vape...but not as good as THE VOLCANO".

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yeah, vape critic is the volcano man. The portables he is less biased since there are no SB portables.

Check vape fiend for better reviews.

vorrange,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

max

Out to lunch
so is the herbalizer officially better than a volcano?
It's more versatile, since the 'cano is designed for bag use only, but it doesn't produce more or better vapor. No vape does that. Some just make it easier. With vapes you have to qualify the 'better' question or the response should be 'better in what way?' Sometimes buying the most expensive whatever just gets you more unncessary bells and whistles and/or more 'perceived' status.

grokit

well-worn member
I dunno about that @max, in the herbalizer thread there are some comparisons and consensually the people that have tried both preferred herbie's bagged vapor. Could be placebo/post-purchase justification though.

And compared to the volcano digit with the good bags, herbie is no more expensive.

grokit,
Reactions: smokum

max

Out to lunch
grokit said:
the people that have tried both preferred herbie's bagged vapor.
I compared the original herbie's vapor (herbalAire) to the 'cano's, once upon a time, and found no difference. If Herbalizer fans want to give that model's bagged vapor a higher rating than all others, fine by me, but even if I liked using bags, I wouldn't spring for even a used 'cano, let alone a $750 Herbalizer. I'd just dig out my old herbalAire.

kahlilhc

Check vape fiend for better reviews.
Exept vape fiend is biased on portables he sells, rated pinnacle pro the best portable ( sells with WT), and rates pax the worst (doesnt sell). also says dumb things like critiicising pax for long vapour path (bottom to top) saying it looses flavor, and praises a short vapour path for being "harsh" which aparently x-smokers enjoy..........

edit: alight i think he was talking about saving flavour with the PnP short path, and saying x smokers liked the inhalator xp (also rates above pax) for its harsh hit.............sorry, got it mixed up.

Last edited:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yeah, but i agree with him 100%.

PAX is a conduction design, it loses flavour much quicker than a convection unit for the same volume of herbs.

PAX is the worst of all he had in my opinion. and x-smokers are not the same kind of audience as a long time vaper and they expect a harsh hit... all you said is on point with what i believe to be true.

About the vapor path, that is silly, are you sure that is what he meant?

He can't sell the PAX because he's in the UK.

Look, i'm not going to argue which one is better. I think VapeCritic is a bad critic, i think VapeFiend is more imparcial and i agree with his reviews more than VCs reviews.

But you choose what you think its best.

Last edited:

kahlilhc

Although the pax has huge following, with many people noting the taste...............also the mflb is conduction and i can attest to its pure taste.
but i guess its all opinions.

kahlilhc,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
No, it's not just opinions.

The MFLB is quite different than the PAX, for starters the volume of the bowl is different, second the pax heats the load continuosly. These two differences alone make for a very different taste throughout the bowl.
I stopped using my LB because i didn't like the flavour nearing the end of the bowl. Now i only have units with excelent taste until the end, only the last two or three that go from caramel brown to dark brown are a bit bitter but nowhere near what i had in my DaVinci, or even my Solo.

I had a DaVinci that i traded for the Solo because of taste. And the DaVinci taste is usually considered better than the PAX because it has more convection heating.

And the PAX can have a lot of followers who care more for stealth than taste. The number of followers is not an accurate measure of the units strengths.

What is a matter of opinions is your perception of how good or how bad the taste is.

For you the PAX taste might be okay, for another it might not. This is an opinion.

To me, the Solo flavour is not okay anymore. I prefer other units over the Solo for the use i gave mine. This is my opinion.

vorrange,
Reactions: kahlilhc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom