Most efficient and High Quality Vapes

MinnBobber

Let me clarify what I mean by efficiency: I mean that it can extract a lot of the cannabinoids while using small amounts, allowing the user to get medicated using relstively small amounts of herb.

Of course, terpene profiles and taste matter, but I made this thread for a focus on the best and most "efficient" Vaporizers for users who want to get the most out of their medicine.
...................................................................................................
VapCap has been suggested and I find it to be very very efficient but find my miniVAP with the Flexicone baskets to be just as efficient ( actually I'd say ever so slightly more efficient, but to avoid a pissing contest I'll go with equal).

AND, I find my miniVAP to be more flavorful than my VapCaps. It gives such a clean/pure taste profile that is hard to match.
The miniVAP ABV comes out with it all exactly the same color. My VapCaps' ABV comes out with more "range of color".

BUT, the VapCaps cost a hell of a lot less so that enters in too.

Occipital

Anybody know how the efficiency of the dynavaps and logs compare to the solo2 or air 2? I heard with good herb a person can get up to 15-20 tokes on .1g and I heard the taste is fantastic too. Should this be considered as basically a portable log?

It has a loading stem, uses (mostly) convection with some radiant heat and conduction, and has tons of battery life and it can provide monster hits. A recent gov study showed that a solo 2 can get up to 88.9% (somewhere around there) extraction of cannabinoids while other vapes do not reach past 65% for portables or desktops in the study (volcano, plenty and some others. This is for THC extraction, not CBD extraction. Also, I may have read the study wrong, so please correct me if I did.) Here is the government lab testing results, methodology and equipment they used to calculate exact extraction rates:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718604/#!po=79.8780

Last edited:

Occipital

The study only measures the OG solo, not the 2, but according to this table, the solo has (by a pretty high margin) the highest (total) extraction of all vaporizers they measured. I only skimmed, but may read again later because I'm really surprised something like this exists lol.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718604/table/pone.0147286.t001/

My bad. Meant the OG solo, but considering the improvements to the 2 I would assume its the same if not better at extraction. Anywho, it's still a lovely source and I feel like more vaporizers will be studied later on. This will help users learn more if they decide to test other vapes. I mean, if anybody works at a lab and has the stated equipment they could also possibly run these experiments, which would be great for verifying vape effectiveness.

Tl;dr: if anyone works at a lab with this equipment pls do some tests and report back to us if possible!

Also, thanks for the correction!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Tl;dr: if anyone works at a lab with this equipment pls do some tests and report back to us if possible!

While this study provides some very nice objective data for vaporizing enthusiasts, the only way we would be able to do this is with grants and uni/gvt support. We would need a lab with several (tens of) thousands of dollars of equipment.

I quite like that table, as it shows at a quick glance, how much THC they measured in the vapor, as well as how much was in the residue that got stuck in the device...

MinnBobber

Here is the government lab testing results, methodology and equipment they used to calculate exact extraction rates:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718604/#!po=79.8780
...........................................................................................
It would be very interesting to see this done with all the current vapes and especially with vapes where max temp is beyond the 210 C level that was the max for all these electric vapes.
I'd love to see the results for all the 230 C max vapes.

EDIT: And... I'd love to see it with the Volcano done with a direct collection, without the bag and all that surface area to collect condensation :)

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Gotta be the vapcap right.....????

I use about 0.025 per load, which gets fully extracted, while producing huge clouds....

Surely it doesnt get much more efficient thab that......

As much as I love my evo, it uses 4 times as much flower....
You would think so but my Herbalizer can extract things that my Vapcap cannot. The prolonged heat at 440F while filling a bag will remove just about everything possible without burning. I routinely run through my Vapcap ABV with my Herbalizer and get good results.

elykpeace

exVASted
How does it compare to other logs? The woodscents sounds interesting!

I have only had the UD and WS. I've never tried an e nano .. UD is by no means a slug but I like that the WS heats up fast and stays at that temp you set it to. Avb is always consistent with my WS. If you give the UD a couple mins in between stems it will produce similar effects. WS at around 11v is perfect for me. I usually finish the stem in 3-4 hits and the first 2 are straight flavor with nice clouds ..

I was out of power for the hurricane and since my WS had no power i was able to fool around with the VC that @Ed's TnT included with my woodscent and it worked fairly well. Not quite up to par with the WAS in flavor but I was able to chase clouds and only combusted on accident once. For the price I believe eds WS is a great investment. It did cost a lot ( traded and sold off a few Vapes including my mi ) but I don't regret my purchase. It's so efficient and hard hitting

Gigsabits53

I think it would be hard to beat the efficiency of my Underdog log vape. The Vapcap comes close but not quite as good as the dog. I can use the short nong stem with my dog with very tiny amounts and still get great results.

I will be getting a WS at some point. Ed's stuff looks fantastic and it is expensive, but seems well worth it.

Occipital

I figured i might ask about the lotus vape and vapman as well...

How do those compare in quality and efficiency assuming I take the time to perfect my usage of those vapes?

Occipital,

Gigsabits53

I figured i might ask about the lotus vape and vapman as well...

How do those compare in quality and efficiency assuming I take the time to perfect my usage of those vapes?

I can only speak to the Lotus, never tried a vapman. Quality of the Lotus is top tier IME. It is not my most efficient vaporizer, not that its a weed hog, I just have others that are more suited to smaller amounts.

I have heard good things about the Vapman but never tried one.

Gigsabits53,

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Interresting study, i want more of that! But measuring that is as difficult as measuring car emissions, many different ways to do that - with many different results, and in reality it's user dependent...measuring dynamic systems is tough
There is no standard way till now, but main critics would be:
-3min draw time will be bad for any conduction vape like Iq and not realistic
-50mg is a rlly small sample, larger will decrease measuring tolerance, no way of covering a cano/plenty bowl with that
-temperature: real bowl temp measuring is missing, the statement the butane vape couldn't be measured sounds a bit poor
also comparing cooled vape vs uncooled...
But thats destiny of first method developing, it's so easy to condemn but so hard to create

Top Bottom