Most durable plug in vaporizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Probably most log vapes share the same qualities. Simplicity and maintenance I would assume would be similar. I only have the Enano but others could chime in. The Enano has a lifetime warranty on the heater a three year on the unit itself.

On FC there was a thread that talked about the two units the Enano and the Underdog comparing which one was better. It probably would depend on the person we don't all like the same things. Since the UD has the nylon stem, that wouldn't break. Not sure if you get a different taste with the non glass mouthpiece.

I've looked on the HI thread but I had seen there was a waiting list. So it must be a popular unit. Nobody likes to eat at an empty restaurant.

Last edited:

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
eNano will be on my shortlist. What if any vapes are similarly durable, yet have a larger capacity for passing around?

BuzzDanklin

I would say the Volcano, E-nano, and the 7th floor desktops like the SSV/LSV/DBV are all rock solid reliable.

My Volcano was purchased as a factory re-refurb in 2009, and when I am at home and not sleeping its on all the time (I have the classic so it doesnt have the auto shutoff), it's still running in 2016 *knock on wood*

AJS

Calm Consistency
I would say the Volcano, E-nano, and the 7th floor desktops like the SSV/LSV/DBV are all rock solid reliable.
Would have to agree with this. I've knocked over the Nano plenty of times, and while the sound is jarring, it's always safe and sound.
I've tripped over my cord with my LSV and launched it off a 3 foot desk, and it was perfectly fine and I hit it when I picked it up...After staring at it in disbelief for 13 minutes. Hit hard floor and she SCREAMED at me when it hit the ground, CRASH. Aluminum/glass slamming against the ground is scary...

Oh, I gotta toss in the Lotus and Vapman, would love you see you break one of those by throwing it ;)

hoptimum

Would have to agree with this. I've knocked over the Nano plenty of times, and while the sound is jarring, it's always safe and sound.
I've tripped over my cord with my LSV and launched it off a 3 foot desk, and it was perfectly fine and I hit it when I picked it up...After staring at it in disbelief for 13 minutes. Hit hard floor and she SCREAMED at me when it hit the ground, CRASH. Aluminum/glass slamming against the ground is scary...

Oh, I gotta toss in the Lotus and Vapman, would love you see you break one of those by throwing it ;)

You're like a Consumer Reports crash test center. :rofl:

Oogendoogan

Durable...? Umm id go with a SSV, or a log but for passing around a SSV is a tank that really shouldn't leave your table unless something like a really bad like an earthquake and it would have to be like the a 7.0 plus and it would probably still be fine haha. Also the volcano never moves.. Just press a button and blow bags. Two completely different convection desktop units that should last forever with a bit of care :tup:

Oogendoogan,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Doktor Dub

My vote goes to the Volcano.

It is not just very well built, you can also get it repaired and there are spare Parts available.

In my Opinion, the real difference is in the Form factor and normal Use:

The Vape itself is quite big an heavy, so that it is not easy to tip it over and you don t move the Base while vapeing. Because of the Bag system there is no difference between different Users, always the same Airflow , no Temp variation etc.

Oogendoogan

Yeah I'm thinking the volcano is safest as well. If you get it in a safe spot, it never moves and the chance of breaking any of the parts is low.. Just put a bag on and press a button rinse and repeat. Any other vaporizer has moving, breakable parts.

Oogendoogan,

Heat

Wanted to share my experience with my e-nano. First and foremost I am a big fan of this device and highly recommend it for a plug in vape. It is my daily driver. Although I have had acceptable customer service and I believe they will take care of most any issue, my experience with durability has not been great. I need to send mine back to Epic for the third time. The first time cracked wood, was replaced with another but I got someone else's order not my wood choice. No biggy. Then I got another replacement with removable cord upgrade after experiencing cord issues not making a connection. Now it is cracked too. After sending this one in I will be on my 4th e-nano. Not sure if I have bad luck or if the desert where I live just isn't compatible with the materials and design.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
My nano has hit the floor more times than I can count, because of that twisty cord. :mad:

But it always comes back ready to rock. :tup:

Without the heater cover, I'd guess the DBV would be fairly indestructible. Mine took a serious beating.

But the nano wins in my book, because the FC warranty makes it an immortal vape. :)

@Heat , do you lovingly rub oil into your nano? It helps form a protective layer against dryness.

Last edited:

Heat

My walnut cracked after about 2 months, no wood maintenance. My maple made it over 2 years with no wood issues but the cord gave out. Did the cord upgrade and got a cherry that time. The cherry cracked in less than 3 weeks, more like 2 weeks probably so never really even got the chance.

Heat,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
The Herbalaire is the most durable plug in, no doubt.

No glass or GonG to break, no wood to dry and crack, the TonG is unbreakable, and the power cord has the beefiest strain relief that you will ever see in a vape. In addition, the crushed glass/nylon exterior material is tough as nails, you can even bounce these things off a concrete floor, or swing them around by the cord like a lasso!

You don't need a safe spot to put it, no heater covers to break, and returns and/or repairs on these things are almost unheard of. Personally, I've been running my original HA 2.1 for over EIGHT YEARS as my daily driver and it runs just like it did, brand new. Some others in here have ran theirs' even longer...

As per usual the HA will get little love in this thread, as some other forum favourites, just like the vape itself, in the forum, overall. Only those who own or use one know....

ginolicious

My Vapir rise 2.0 has been going strong for over a year now. I have no complaints. I been doing bags more and more now. I love it. Brew the bag inside. Go outside and sit by my pond and stare at the Big Dipper in the sky with my bag. Who needs a portable lol

Yep, not to derail the thread, but I was literally just going to ask @CarolKing the same exact question.

In my experience the Evo is something I cannot overpower, the nano is. Hence its departure from my quiver...

Ive known of 7th floor vapes lasting forever but the glass heater cover is a definite negative as far as long term durability goes if you're clumsy.

A friend has a functional ~10 year old volcano classic that's never been back to S&B, I'm not a fan of that style of vape by any stretch but I certainly admire its durability. It seems to have a lot of parts but apparently very few fail! Another friend has a 3 year old EQ that seems to be holding up well too.

nondarb,

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
I have THeCan and this thing is a brick. Can drive my Taurus on top of it and it still works.

Crussell27,

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Hi all!
I've my volcano since a decade, and it's rock solid.
He has felt many times from my table, as the solid valve and all is working like new!

Also, I had gifted a SSV to my mother six years ago and he's working like new as well!

But my vote is for the Volcano :)

TheVaporist,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've had my herbalAire for 7+ years now. It's been dropped several times and had concentrate drip down into the unit twice, still works like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom