1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

most creative strain for you artists out there?

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by rozroz, Jun 18, 2018.

1. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

i'm looking for a few ideal creative strains i can check out.
    i have my regular night sessions i do all my music, editing, etc.

creative for me means: head high, focused, lasts as long as possible without fatigue, and borderline psychedelic. i've tried LSD strain which is ok, not exceptional.
    i tried to get some Blueberry blast which suppose to fit the bill but missed the chance.
    (we are still illegal here).
    these days i can ger some Jack Herrer, Amnesia haze, Alaska, and a few more.
    i've looked through the lists the regular info sites, but would also like to hear your picks,
    especially for you artists who found their best strain for creativity.

tnx.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Jill NYC, invertedisdead and asdf420 like this.
  2. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

I'm a musician, and I LOVE Blue Dream. It puts me in the right head space, energized, I get the creative "what if I ...?", and get chill without getting groggy.

I'm doing a lot of demo recording in advance of a new album and I will be getting some Blue Dream at the end of the week, specifically for that purpose.

I'm getting some Jack Herer at the end of the week too that I'm really excited about as I've never had it. I'll try to remember and report back what that's like.

duff, invertedisdead and Squiby like this.
  3. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

thanks.
    I can get BD here and jack herrer.
    Let me know!

4. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

Sour diesel, jack the ripper, jacks cleaner, sage n sour, skunk #1 variants, chemdog, white widow, I'm sure I'm missing a lot!

invertedisdead likes this.
  5. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

What do you create with these?
    Can’t you pick 2-3 which you remember as most efficient?
    I can get sour diesel.

6. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

White Widow might have left the best creative impression, if you want a lot more euphoria Jacks Cleaner 2 is an epic cultivar, and seems to have no ceiling.

asdf420, invertedisdead and rozroz like this.
  7. invertedisdead

invertedisdead FC-OG

Those are the same effects that got me into cannabis but honestly I don't think I've really experienced them in a long time. I used to get these CO2 extract cartridges years back that had the most creative high, nothing else seems to replicate that for me. Lower vaping temps seem to help for avoiding fatigue. I kinda feel like with a higher tolerance, that sativa head high becomes less perceivable and feels unsatisfying even though it's what I'm mainly after.

duff, rozroz and asdf420 like this.
  8. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

I don’t know, i read about all these strains for creative focus but until today i can mainly point out more head high or longevity.. not much else. I wanna find some really specific strains that will prove better creatively.

beyond6strings likes this.
  9. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

I got me some Sour Diesel,
    Will report soon.

steama and psychonaut like this.
  10. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

:tup: Nice score

steama and rozroz like this.
  11. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I guess I would be considered an artist. Platinum Girl Scout Cookies gets my artistic talents flowing and some Green Crack too. Depending on the grower.

Squiby and rozroz like this.
  12. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

I tested Sour Diesel and it’s very nice and productive.
    But honestly i still cannot tell the big differences from other good Sativa strains.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  13. duff

duff The world is so small, 'til it ain't

Blue Dream and White Widow for me at lower temps.

14. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

Question is whether certain strains do have longer period of “production time” before the munch takes over.

15. invertedisdead

invertedisdead FC-OG

Cannabis works on biphasic response, so if you take the starting flowers and squish them into a full melt rosin concentrate, you'll also get different effects. It does seem like the concentrate high is less sedative to me.

rozroz likes this.
  16. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

If you want to avoid the munchies, try a high THCV sativa strain such as Durban Poison. It's a nice energetic high. The THCV suppresses appetite and the come down is very subtle. No crash.

It's one of my absolute favorites.

rozroz and psychonaut like this.
  17. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

seems exactly what i need, but we don't have that kind of variety around here.
    gimme more options that gave you similar high ;)

18. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

The high THCV strains are long flowering African landrace sativas. They need a long growing season, a good 6 months or so and their flowering period can range from 10 - 16 weeks. In addition they can grow very tall. For these reasons, I think these sativas are less commonly offered.

Other high THCV varieties are listed here. Of those listed, I've had Red Congo which I also enjoy.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/what-is-thcv-and-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabinoid

Jill NYC likes this.
  19. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

Quite the opposite for me.
    When awake, i just cannot enjoy dong my stuff. All my ideas seems not worth it, i’m too hard on myself, etc. once weeded, i’m on full power mode, eager to enjoy my creativity.

Squiby, Jill NYC and steama like this.
  20. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

Excellent topic and not minding the derailing. I mainly mean artistic creativity, musical or visual or in my case, video editing and musc.
    This is where i need focus, to be very productive and free to have fun without critisizing myself, which THC solves.

steama likes this.
  21. Jill NYC

Jill NYC Portable Collector

I can’t wait for the day my state becomes legal (in an accessible way) so I can choose legitimate strains, for specific needs, like the ones you guys are recommending.
    Right now I have to trust my “guy” (who happens to be a female) with what strain she tells me they are. I am pretty sure she is full of crap, because the Indica strains rarely help me relax, etc.
    I have this thread bookmarked for that day.....

Hey Nineteen and rozroz like this.
  22. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

That’s sort of my problem.
    We are illegal but Telegrram is like weed heaven with undeeground market that have around 10-20 strains. A few known strains are available but many including these THCV Sativas are too unique to get.

update-
    what a stroke of luck - found a 1 time opportunity of Durban Poison available!
    bought a few g's. eager to try that magic THCV stuff.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    asdf420, Squiby and Jill NYC like this.
  23. rozroz

rozroz Well-Known Member

yup, Durban Poison actually lowers the munchies.
    great great strain.

Squiby likes this.
  24. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

Dutch Passion White Widow will as well, especially if harvested with a bit more clear trichs than ambers.

rozroz and Squiby like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors