more sacrilege - the gravity vortex bong.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Last weekend I bought one of these at a head shop in the Village and it's been blowing me off my seat ever since.
My guests have to float through the keyhole when it's time for them to go home.
I can't tell you if it's any better of more effective than a homemade gravity bong with a bottle and bucket but
the hits are smooth and cool - almost like vapor, it's efficient for a smoking device, it's beautiful and cool, and
fascinating to watch the waterfall effect forcing the smoke to the upper chamber. Very cool...

The head is sort of similar to the head from eating brownies - it's intense.
Good as a boost to those of us who are otherwise vaporcentric.

jeffp,

OO

Technical Skeptical
it's just a waterfall bong with a straw, i made one once in 5 min out of a smartwater bottle, two bic pen bodies, and a 4mm socket.

right now i have a 6 liter erlynmeyer flask with a tap on the bottom that i'm planning to turn into one.

problem is finding a bowlpiece that can support 3+ grams.

i'm thinking of using a hooka bowl and putting coals on top of foil.

OO,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
jeff u got a link? or pictures , any help to visulize?

search youtube, there's a few videos. again, i know you can make homemade gravity bongs but i think there's something in the design that affords not just a nice visual effect
but a very cool and smooth inhalation.

jeffp,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i'll upload my sketch soon.

oh, and did you know that what most people refer to as gravity bongs are just a big bottle with the bottom cut off.

you put a bowl on the cap and then put it in either a bucket of water, or a sink, or the pool, and get the water up to the top, then put the cap on and work magic?

OO,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
OO said:
it's just a waterfall bong with a straw, i made one once in 5 min out of a smartwater bottle, two bic pen bodies, and a 4mm socket.

right now i have a 6 liter erlynmeyer flask with a tap on the bottom that i'm planning to turn into one.

problem is finding a bowlpiece that can support 3+ grams.

i'm thinking of using a hooka bowl and putting coals on top of foil.

It's a glass bowl and as such a screen doesn't really affix so I'm thinking maybe using pebbles in place of a screen.

jeffp,
Top Bottom