More on using ABV

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
greystr0ke said:
So how is the ABV from the iolite in regards to making the brownies? I've never had much luck with brownies but since joining this forum, I saw that a majority of vape enthusiasts use the ABV for cooking. Just wondering if since the iolite didn't get to ridiculously high temps, that the ABV would be good for this. I have a good amount strictly from the iolite that I've been saving now and I think it's about time to try it. I'm gonna follow the recipe on this forum if I get the go ahead from all you.
You don't need the go ahead, but let me tell you it works. You can also 'tweak' the strength of the brownies by finding out how strong your ABV is by trying some firecrackers first.

I put 0.25g ABV on each of 4 ritz crackers topped with peanut butter. Then topped with another ritz lightly smeared with nutella (hides the taste of the ABV a bit, although I ate a strictly peanut butter sandwich on pumpernickel rye w/ 1 g ABV last Saturday and it tasted fine to me).

Then, based on how your tolerance is, eat a varying number of the firecrackers. You can also wrap them up in tinfoil and heat them a bit at 325F for 5 minutes or so.

I have an Iolite, and some of my ABV comes from it, although the majority comes from the Launch Box. How much ABV do you have?

Tom

[edit; I ate the 1g ABV peanut butter sandwich and my g/f says that I called her and blabbered on for 30 minutes or so about a zombie apocalypse so I'd say they work pretty good]

tdavie,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
greystr0ke said:
I have probably 25 grams of ABV from the Iolite. All top quality fire. :p
You're good to go. I would make a batch of brownies and cut into 25 portions. You either get 1g per piece, can double up, or cut in half if too strong. Using fire I would start out at 1/2 piece and see how you feel in about 60-120 minutes. Hopefully it won't be white knuckle.

Good luck

Tom

tdavie,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@wakenvape If you're pretty sure you've got 5-6 g ABV (lets be conservative and say 5 unless you have access to a balance/scale), I would take 1g (eyeball it or use a balance), and just work it into whatever cracker/sandwich/goody you can think of. Short of actually cooking or making cannabutter, firecrackers are pretty good for sure.

If you're not used to edibles you probably would want to slightly reduce what you eat (maybe even 1/2 g). Over consumption with edibles, although interesting isn't terribly fun.

I'm a lightweight and find that 0.5g works.

Tom

tdavie,

wakenvape

Tom,
Thanks for the response I read that .5g-1g was a good amount for normal buds so I just assumed it would be more for the ABV but then again you're right I don't want to overdo it. And at second glance my ABV is actually still kind of green barely brown at all, the benefits of a fixed temp vape i guess. Anyways thanks I'll post tomorrow with results and or pics.

Oh and I'm canadian too. White Rock BC!

wakenvape,

StickyShisha2

wakenvape said:
Tom,
Thanks for the response I read that .5g-1g was a good amount for normal buds so I just assumed it would be more for the ABV but then again you're right I don't want to overdo it. And at second glance my ABV is actually still kind of green barely brown at all, the benefits of a fixed temp vape i guess. Anyways thanks I'll post tomorrow with results and or pics.

i like to eat the vape waste from my IO before starting a fresh packing. That way the high temp stuff left in it starts kicking in as i'm vaping the lower temp stuff.

StickyShisha2,

wakenvape

StickyShisha said:
i like to eat the vape waste from my IO before starting a fresh packing. That way the high temp stuff left in it starts kicking in as i'm vaping the lower temp stuff.
Wait a minute, you're saying you eat your vaped bowls straight up? Like, you eat your ABV right out of the iolite lol..? I've never heard of anyone doing that, but hey if it works then good for you!

wakenvape,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
wakenvape said:
Tom,

I made a batch of peanut butter cookies on Friday night containing ~17g ABV and 1g Blackberry Kush (unvaped). That gave me 23 cookies, containing ~0.78g each. I ate 2 at 9:45pm, and was okay until 11 pm or so. The effects came on gradually, almost indistinguishable from some just vaped Blueberry. I was playing a multiplayer game .vs. gf over internet and had to stop and crash immediately. Too strong. Saturday night, I ate 1/2 cookie and was okay. If ya make em too weak, you can always double up. If you've eaten too much you just have to ride it out.

Tom

tdavie,

wakenvape

I made a batch of peanut butter cookies on Friday night containing ~17g ABV and 1g Blackberry Kush (unvaped). That gave me 23 cookies, containing ~0.78g each. I ate 2 at 9:45pm, and was okay until 11 pm or so. The effects came on gradually, almost indistinguishable from some just vaped Blueberry. I was playing a multiplayer game .vs. gf over internet and had to stop and crash immediately. Too strong. Saturday night, I ate 1/2 cookie and was okay. If ya make em too weak, you can always double up. If you've eaten too much you just have to ride it out.

Tom
Great example!! Thank you now I know what a decent dosage will be, unfortunately I have to make them tomorrow morning. So I'm thinking half a gram cracker with about .8g (eyed out) of ABV mixed with a little of fresh buds. Maybe sprinkle on some kief i have in the bottom of my grinder too. I have PB and Nutella so i'll probably use both. 325 for 20 mins? My oven door doesnt shut all the way its open about 4 inches so idk if it'll affect it too much.

I have saltines and ritz too so i might make one of each of those with only like .5g of ABV to see how they all taste.

Edit: Just dropped about a gram of ABV on my floor...I scooped it all up along with some dirt i'm sure I'm saving it in a container for that day when i'm REALLY desperate lol.

wakenvape,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@wakenvape I'm a bit fuzzy on how long I cooked them for and they still turned out decently. But undercooking them is not a problem because it's quite edible as is.

I did not feel normal until about 12-14 hours after eating 2 cookies (1.6ish g ABV). Eating one cookie, I was baseline after 10 hours or so.

Report back as to what happens!

Tom

tdavie,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Wakenvape - Just dropped about a gram of ABV on my floor...I scooped it all up along with some dirt i'm sure I'm saving it in a container for that day when i'm REALLY desperate lol.

Gives new meaning to the word dirtweed.

chucku,

wakenvape

Tom,

Ya I'm gonna whip these up early tomorrow morning like 7ish maybe take a few pics too. I plan on eating them maybe with a bowl of wheaties then going for a walk downtown and pick up a movie hopefully on the walk back I'll start feeling it! (It's a 3.2 mile walk roundtrip) If not i'll have my iolite with a bowl packed ready to go of course!

I'm super excited I've only had edibles once at Hempfest in downtown Seattle summer of '08. I bought them right in front of 2 cops too :ninja: lol not sure if they worked because I was already super baked from the zong hits all day long but I did end up going temporarily blind and passing out in the middle of the sidewalk :ko: mostly from dehydration I think, it was like 90 degrees all day.

Anyways hopefully this will be a much more 'pleasant' experience lol. I think I'm gonna make a ritz, saltine, and graham firecracker and spread about 1.5g evenly to see which one tastes the best.

And chucku ya i know right!!! That was hilarious, i think its mostly weed since i sat there for a good 5 mins trying to pick out what "dirt" i could find but I'm just banking on forgetting about it completely and finding it months later when I'm dry lol cause there's some fresh buds in there too!

wakenvape,

wakenvape

IMAG0010.jpg

All of my ingredients :brow:
IMAG0011.jpg

Here's the initial ABV i used with a tiny bit of fresh bud, its still relatively green for being ABV. I ended up sprinkling more ABV all over the graham cracker lol I couldn't help it. In total i'm guessing 2 grams ABV .3-.5grams fresh buds
IMAG0012.jpg

This was both peanut butter and nutella mixed together with like a teaspoon of vegetable oil so it mixed really well.
IMAG0013.jpg

I broke up tiny pieces of that heath bar and pieces of a mini brownie all over.
IMAG0014.jpg

I ended up with enough to spread generously across 3 ritz and a graham cracker.

wakenvape,

greystr0ke

I'm confused here. Are you just putting straight ABV on crackers and eating them? You don't need to heat them or anything?

Also, photos aren't working.

greystr0ke,

wakenvape

They aren't? They're showing up for me but no you have to mix it up really well with the PB then stick em in the oven for 22 mins @ 320F seems to be the general consensus.

Edit: They should work now.

wakenvape,

greystr0ke

hmm. Interesting. My ABV from the iolite is not that green at all. I fell asleep a few nights ago with the iolite left on and in the morning i emptied the bowl and that ABV looked done for.

greystr0ke,

wakenvape

LOL! That sucks man but yeah this my cumulative ABV over the past month or so. About 5 grams and I think i used atleast 2 grams and maybe like .3-.5 of fresh buds. First of all let me say it smells absolutely amazing! Not like weed at all but delicious chocolate. I just took a bite of the graham cracker and I can honestly say it tastes DELICIOUS! I can definitely taste the "herbal" flavor with tiny bits of weed but it doesn't retract from the taste I believe it actually adds to the taste. Now as for potency let me scarf this down and report back in two hours :D

wakenvape,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Good luck wakenvape. Hope it hits you in the right way.

Tom

(and if you get the munchies I hope you remember not to eat the rest of the firecrackers)

tdavie,

wakenvape

Okay I didn't record what time I ate these, I'd say around 9:30. I only ate the graham cracker at first then one ritz like an hour later and now I'm back home. I didn't really feel anything so I vaped on the way back but couldn't see any vapor (it was sunny too). By the time I got here though I was really baked and I went to the fridge and ate the other two. Sorry man I wish I read that earlier cause they were the first things I ate lol. I feel like making more right now just for the taste lol.

wakenvape,

wakenvape

K I kinda feel like I'm already coming down :/ tomorrow I'm gonna make another batch and just use all of the rest of my ABV into one huge firecracker and eat it on an empty stomach.

wakenvape,

luchiano

Just get an avocado and lemon, then mix the herb with the avocado and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Let sit for 5-10 minutes and eat it anyway you like. You can use it as a spread on a sandwich.

BTW. taking some vitamin-b6 will help with breaking down the fats that have cannabinoids attached and will enhance the affects.

luchiano,

StickyShisha2

nice thread title :lol: Moron using ABV , is that about me? :p

wakenvape said:
StickyShisha said:
Wait a minute, you're saying you eat your vaped bowls straight up? Like, you eat your ABV right out of the iolite lol..? I've never heard of anyone doing that, but hey if it works then good for you!
it definitely works. I dump it straight into my mouth from the cold IO and swallow it down with my morning coffee. I then proceed to pack the IO and a few minutes later I'm vaping.

StickyShisha2,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Eating ABV straight up seems a little too spartan for my metabolism, but what do I know?
A friend of mine turned me on to eating salad in an ice cream cone. I thought he was crazy but it's good, he was right.

jeffp,

baurman

Yeah, idk if I'm about to just chew up all the ABV. I'm waiting to make cannibutter so I can just make brownies that way I don't need to be eating all that duff just the THC extract.

baurman,

wakenvape

Okay at first I didn't think the firecrackers worked but I just wasn't used to this high it's been about 7 hours since I noticed I was baked and I'm still going strong it's just not the high I'm used to so I almost didn't recognize it. I feel a good body high consistently and my eyes are so heavy I could just pass out any minute now. All in all, definitely worth it.

And I just made another graham cracker and two ritz with the rest of my ABV and man it took a long time to stir all the weed in there. I'll probably eat them tomorrow morning first thing.

wakenvape,
Top Bottom