• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mont Dank Herb Vape Kit

Anyone heard of this yet? It looks like it would combust if used in the way they have illustrated, but it also seems like it should be easy to modify with an extra screen into perhaps working...

http://thevapeco.com/product/mont-dank-herb-vape-kit-black/
MDHVK-01.jpg

Mont-Dank-Herb-Vape-1.jpg

Mont-Dank-Herb-Vape-2.jpg

Mont-Dank-Herb-Vape-5.jpg

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
looks like an Atmos but i see on their page it is different. $40.00 aint too bad but i cant afford to be a first adopter right now. perhaps in a couple of weeks i will be able to.

GreenRoom

The website says the heating coil is designed to 'minimize' combustion. Shouldn't it 'eliminate' combustion to be called a vaporizer? And zero warranty unless DOA? Not sure if I like that. If it works for an hour then dies does this mean we're SOL?

GreenRoom,

lovinlivinlife

I'm Sexy... I'm a Scholar... People Like Me...
So I decided to go ahead and take one for the team and picked up one of these bad boys. Disclaimer: (The following is a lame excuse for a review brought to you by a noob :clap:)

So received this in the mail:

First impressions...

Build quality looks pretty good except for the mouthpiece (looks like someone with a shaky hand cut the end off with a razor blade.) Open it up and WHAT IS THAT SMELL??? Oh, I know, it must be the new burning metal and plastic vaporizer perfume!! At least it is evidence that they do test them before they send them out!

Put the Mont Dank together and threw it on top of my Vamo (vv/vw e-cig mod), looks nice, fits in the ego well well!

64911029c77f37a68693_2.jpg

Test the ohms on the coil and read 1.2 (lowest possible ohm value that the Vamo will run)

Start the unit off at 3V. Coil heats up and Bam, there is that lovely perfume smell again only stronger. I think to myself, "are you sure you want to do this?" Damn right I do. What could a little burning metal plastic vapor do. :shrug:

So, I fill up the Mont Dank...

and lite it up at 3V and nothing
3.5V Nothing
4.0V Nothing
4.5V Nothing
4.7V mmmm a little sweet, sweet vapor on exhale, oh wait a second that doesn't taste like vapor. Straight combustion. :ugh: Seriously, how did we think that smoking herbs tasted good back in the day before vaping?

Take a few more pulls at 4.7 and nothing more really comes out so I bump it up to 5V and get a little more smoke. At this point I decide to cut my losses and see what she looks like inside...

Yep, Black around the center and green everywhere else. Below is a picture of the AVB.

Mont Dank on the left, un-vaped in the center and Pinnacle on the right.

(notice the cute little black specs surrounded by green on the left one)

Conclusion: This thing looks really good on my Vamo. That's about it (you know the whole if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all thing) :nod:

Still going to give this a few more shots but wanted to get some initial thoughts out.

Anyone heard of this yet? It looks like it would combust if used in the way they have illustrated, but it also seems like it should be easy to modify with an extra screen into perhaps working...

Hey King, any more thoughts on modification, I am not sure just wrapping a screen around the heating post would act much different but am definitely going to give it a shot. Also thinking about adjusting the collar that holds the screen prior to mouthpiece so that I could use another screen to keep all material off and above the heating post. Just thought I would see what you were thinking when you thought of modifying.

Worse case scenario it will be fun to see how long the coil would stand up to double stacked 18350's at 15 watts on the Vamo. That's gotta be worth 40 bucks, right? :tup:

GreenRoom

Thanks for taking the plunge and giving a review! Just as I suspected (and the rest of FC). I can taste the combustion just looking at any exposed heating element. How dare they call it a vaporizer!

GreenRoom,
Thanks for taking one lovinlivinlife!

As for my ideas for modifications, I wasn't really thinking of wrapping the screen around the element.

Mont-Dank-Herb-Vape-2.jpg

Was thinking the herb could go on or in between a set of screens on that middle piece. Possible a screen on top of the element, so there is a horizontal shelf.

kingofnull,
"Was thinking the herb could go on or in between a set of screens on that middle piece. Possible a screen on top of the element, so there is a horizontal shelf.[/quote]"

Any more word on if you have tried this or not. I bought one yesterday and am looking to make this little guy all he can be!

TheLaughingGrass,

farscaper

I have one from anotjer company, its the same body, but came with a siffrent mouthpiece. And yea i concur with above review @lovinlivinlife in that it scorches and doesnt work.

farscaper,

Mattgrass

Sorry to dig up an old thread, I've been doing lots of research based on this thread on forums around the web and everyone has combustion problems with coils on similar dry herb chambers.

I'm not sure if maybe I'm just an idiot, but would taking the spring of a spring-loaded pen (writing tool) and fitting it around the coil do this attachment any justice?
I've recently purchased the same attachment, although I'm unable to use it as I'm on diversion for another couple weeks.

I'm excited to use it, and continue to use my stoner ingenuity to perfect this thing for my first day back in the stone age.:science:

Mattgrass,
Top Bottom