• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Moldy bud??

MinnBobber

Vaped bud and had white stuff on it

Thought might be moldy so gonna post here
FYI,
that link to grasscity requires folks to be a member to view.....

so I can't see pics but:

a blacklight/ ultraviolet light makes mold glow a rich blue green color. Can you try that?

But even if it shows nothing---you got really sick---could that be from something else or most likely the herb??? Could also be some undetectable crap like pesticides etc ??

Let us know what you find out

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I don't see what the white stuff is from the pics above, but I'd play it safe. If it was a large amount, maybe make bubble hash out of it. But if it wasn't much, I'd trash it.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hard to tell from your pic if that's mold or not.

A while back I got an oz. that had mold that wasn't visible to the 'naked eye.' However, I make a point of inspecting my herb with a jeweler's loop prior to vaping it and was able to see it. Here are a couple pics of that weed for reference (taken with a macro). You can see some similarity to your second pic.

9HWaK94.jpg

aviU77B.jpg

Get yourself one of those loops. Although you can get better and more expensive models, for under $2.00 you can get a decent version from ebay that will magnify enough to see mold or any other obvious contaminants.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60X-30X-Mag...587164?hash=item1eb3aea95c:g:sC4AAOSwYlJW44Re

herbivore21

A blacklight (UVA light) as many have suggested already can help here.

The second picture that the OP posted does appear to show some whiteness but not very clearly.

Were the stems greyed out? Did they look like they had little white hairs on them? If the stems of your material are noticeably grey (not green), you have the start of bud rot (botrytis cinerea is the name of this kind of mold).

Were the buds originally dried out properly? Do the stems snap readily or do they twist and bend without breaking? The latter means they are not dry enough and really you shouldn't buy them.

How do you store your flowers?

With some answers to all of these questions, we can work out what the problem is.

Also if you are going to make bubble hash with moldy material and you are somebody who makes bubble with good material too, you need to make sure that you use a separate set of bags and separate machine/tools etc. If you get moldy material in contact with your usual processing equipment you risk contaminating future runs.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
is it because it was too wet?

Happens due to poor air circulation in a high humidity, lower temperature environment. constant high temps and high humidity = no mold, low humidity and low temps also = no mold, but moisture and cold? Bad news.

seaofgreens,
Top Bottom