StemPod by MPL

HerbieVonVapster

Whats some solid recommendations for a mod box for this unit? Ill probably try it on my VTC Dual in wattage mode just to see how it is but I wouldnt mind picking up something more current if something better is out.

You should be fine with the evic VTC dual. I would toss FJ software since has the cruise feature. If not happy then look at a new mod. Newer mods will not run FJ software so in some ways you are in luck having the evic.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@PoopMachine, imo, the mod is secondary to firmware selection. Once you know if you want to use AF, FJ or Escribe, then you choose the mod that supports it. I know the Evic supports FJ, the Eleaf supports AF, but I don't know if the Nano specifically does, & the Cuboid supports one of them, FJ I think. As you already have 3 mods, why not take your time to try the SP with both firmwares, and while doing so, read up on Escribe. Then, when you make your firmware decision, you can select the appropriate mod. Just my :2c:

Also, here's a forum discussing Escribe:

https://forum.evolvapor.com/

@HerbieVonVapster, or anyone, when I try to do the following download & I open it in Wordpad, which is all I have on my PC, I get a page of hieroglyphs. Why? Is there a program I can download that will allow me to view it?

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/?_fromLogout=1

He could program it to the best settings right out the box.

pray.gif

With all the different box mods it's going be a lot extra work for Dan answering mod questions. Much easier to have a official supported device. Direct other to the general mod setting thread.

:nod:

Oogendoogan

I personally think the FJ firmware with its cruise feature is such a positive for a convection vape that you might as well get a mod that works with it. Right now I have an RX mini, a pico and an evic basic. All work with FJ firmware but all are too small and the only one that works with the stempod is the RX mini which runs out of its internal battery after 4-5 bowls. I liked the look of a buddies RX200s but didn’t like the idea of having to use 3 batteries. I ended up going with a RX 2/3 mod box that can take either 2 or 3 batteries. It runs up to 150 watts with two and 200 with 3. It can run FJ firmware and should be a good size to hold the stempod. I think the RX200s is a great option as well. Then option to use 2 batteries and have a smaller device is what drew me to the 2/3. Just a heads up. New tariffs should be starting Friday and they should affect e cig stuff from what I hear. Something like a 25% import tax starting tomorrow. So if Your looking for a mod might want to buy tonight. Or maybe the prices have already raised in anticipation for this.

HerbieVonVapster

@HerbieVonVapster, or anyone, when I try to do the following download & I open it in Wordpad, which is all I have on my PC, I get a page of hieroglyphs. Why? Is there a program I can download that will allow me to view it?

Need to have escribe installed the open the file. Even with out the mod you will at least be able see the settings. Check out the theme lots custom wires there to mess with. I posted link earlier to dna themes if you dislike any of the ones I used. Still messing with the different mods screen icons.

Remember this far from done so if you see anything screwy let me know. If just want to download profiles or themes go ahead use whatever you like out of it. Just open the FCSHARE2.0 then snag whatever you like. If you use the whole package just adjust mod resistance Case Thermal if you let me know batteries using I see if I have that file for you.

Started using the stempod without the inner gasket. I finding that having the stem lower is more to my liking.

I find get much better hits using a more wide open stem. So either using a wooden one or the short glass stems from milaana/splinter. My new mod landed in New York so hoping have it soon.

I also ordered a bunch coils to screw around with. Should be fun times.

I personally think the FJ firmware with its cruise feature is such a positive for a convection vape that you might as well get a mod that works with it. Right now I have an RX mini, a pico and an evic basic. All work with FJ firmware but all are too small and the only one that works with the stempod is the RX mini which runs out of its internal battery after 4-5 bowls. I liked the look of a buddies RX200s but didn’t like the idea of having to use 3 batteries. I ended up going with a RX 2/3 mod box that can take either 2 or 3 batteries. It runs up to 150 watts with two and 200 with 3. It can run FJ firmware and should be a good size to hold the stempod. I think the RX200s is a great option as well. Then option to use 2 batteries and have a smaller device is what drew me to the 2/3. Just a heads up. New tariffs should be starting Friday and they should affect e cig stuff from what I hear. Something like a 25% import tax starting tomorrow. So if Your looking for a mod might want to buy tonight. Or maybe the prices have already raised in anticipation for this.

Really debated on that mod decided to go with the wismec sinuous P80. Wanted something small the would at least run Arctic Fox. Don't think it will run tubo evic. Kinda iffy on my need for cruise control since heats up so quick already. Feel if want a more conduction like experience I would use a different vaporizer.

The problem with using FJ is lack of supported mods. I'm not !00% sure but would think any mod that runs Arctic Fox could be added to FJ software supported mods with a little programing.

Sucks about the new tariffs didn't know that.

Oogendoogan

Need to have escribe installed the open the file. Even with out the mod you will at least be able see the settings. Check out the theme lots custom wires there to mess with. I posted link earlier to dna themes if you dislike any of the ones I used. Still messing with the different mods screen icons.

Remember this far from done so if you see anything screwy let me know. If just want to download profiles or themes go ahead use whatever you like out of it. Just open the FCSHARE2.0 then snag whatever you like. If you use the whole package just adjust mod resistance Case Thermal if you let me know batteries using I see if I have that file for you.

Started using the stempod without the inner gasket. I finding that having the stem lower is more to my liking.

I find get much better hits using a more wide open stem. So either using a wooden one or the short glass stems from milaana/splinter. My new mod landed in New York so hoping have it soon.

I also ordered a bunch coils to screw around with. Should be fun times.

Really debated on that mod decided to go with the wismec sinuous P80. Wanted something small the would at least run Arctic Fox. Don't think it will run tubo evic. Kinda iffy on my need for cruise control since heats up so quick already. Feel if want a more conduction like experience I would use a different vaporizer.

The problem with using FJ is lack of supported mods. I'm not !00% sure but would think any mod that runs Arctic Fox could be added to FJ software supported mods with a little programing.

Sucks about the new tariffs didn't know that.
I personally like the FJ firmware because it also gets rid of any auto cut of time on the fire button. I know the mods that FJ supports are kinda low quality. I plan to get something with a dna chip eventually to compare but I’m spent out on vapes for now and I was able to get that 2/3 for $26. Idk how fast those tariffs will affect things but I just wanted a cheap mod from China before tomorrow to be sure lol.

HerbieVonVapster

I personally like the FJ firmware because it also gets rid of any auto cut of time on the fire button. I know the mods that FJ supports are kinda low quality. I plan to get something with a dna chip eventually to compare but I’m spent out on vapes for now and I was able to get that 2/3 for $26. Idk how fast those tariffs will affect things but I just wanted a cheap mod from China before tomorrow to be sure lol.

The rx2/3 was what I original planned get for stempod. Ended up changing my mind to something smaller. Heck at the price I woulda jumped on it too. Nice mod.

Well I did find a use for the included stem. I said earlier didn't feel would use it. Messed with this little setup earlier and been enjoying it.

2n64s35.jpg

AJS

Calm Consistency
Glad everyone's getting along with their StemPods! How are you guys finding the flaves through water? What about higher temps?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Dan just published a story on IG for anyone interested. It's not too long. And 420vapezone has a story published wherein he vapes with the StemPod. There's a small middle section about the Davinci & then he goes back to vaping a huge amount of kief in the Stempod.

Last edited:

Oogendoogan

That seems like it’s for the evic lineup and updating the existing tubo software. This works for installing on a Wismec RX3?
It works with the wismec line too. You may need to use the AF installer further down his firmware page if the standard Fj firmware installer can’t find your mod. Just follow the directions on the firmware page and you should be able to figure it out. And as someone else said I think there are some dedicated threads for mods on this forum where you could get more help.

ray_b

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Dan mentioned in his last stream that either he suggested to Eric (@Boundless Vape Technology) or maybe he said he should suggest about putting a 510 adapter on the bottom of the Tera (same setup as CF Hybrid). I'd snatch that up in a heart beat! I'm convection only so the CFH doesn't appeal for me. The Tera for out & about & the StemPod for home water use. :rockon:No issue for me only using the SP in wattage mode.

TastyTicTac

Has anyone encountered problems with combustion? Mine seems to combust about half the time even at only 390 degrees Fahrenheit. I’m always getting blackened pieces or even grey sometimes. This seems to be abnormal from the light-dark brown I’ve seen in videos.

TastyTicTac,

Chill_Break

Has anyone encountered problems with combustion? Mine seems to combust about half the time even at only 390 degrees Fahrenheit. I’m always getting blackened pieces or even grey sometimes. This seems to be abnormal from the light-dark brown I’ve seen in videos.
I haven't had any problems yet, I've been using a Vaporesso Switcher in both wattage and TC. TCR 290, 50w, as high as 430 no combustion. In wattage i've only just started but have been running 50w with good results and no combustion. In all I'm about 10 bowls in and only two of those in wattage.

How long are your draws? I'm keeping to 10-15 seconds.

HerbieVonVapster

Dan mentioned in his last stream that either he suggested to Eric (@Boundless Vape Technology) or maybe he said he should suggest about putting a 510 adapter on the bottom of the Tera (same setup as CF Hybrid). I'd snatch that up in a heart beat! I'm convection only so the CFH doesn't appeal for me. The Tera for out & about & the StemPod for home water use. :rockon:No issue for me only using the SP in wattage mode.

Differently an interesting option you are getting 2 vaporizer in one. So would the tera temperature adjustments also work on the stempod?

HerbieVonVapster,

TastyTicTac

I haven't had any problems yet, I've been using a Vaporesso Switcher in both wattage and TC. TCR 290, 50w, as high as 430 no combustion. In wattage i've only just started but have been running 50w with good results and no combustion. In all I'm about 10 bowls in and only two of those in wattage.

How long are your draws? I'm keeping to 10-15 seconds.

I usually keep it to 10-15 seconds as well, but usually after 10... I seem to have to stop, because of a “too hot” message.

Also, probably unrelated, about 60% battery life I get a battery weak message on my evic vtc mini version 2. Could this be due to charging the battery in the mod itself?

TastyTicTac,

HerbieVonVapster

Might need to adjust mod TCR or turn temperature down. The temperature reading is based on the resistance of the stempods coils. As the coils heat up the resistance changes and what you mod reads as the temperature is based on that. Different coil materials have different resistances.

Depending mod can adjust these setting. If using something like arctic fox start with 316L wire.
This is a copy of a csv file for example.

You can see at 70 degrees the cold resistance of the stempod is 1.2 at 200 1.4 etc basically thats all theres is too a csv file. Save in text change file ext to csv import into artic fox.

One below's is one currently testing with my stempod. Please save you current file first.

"Temperature (degF)","Electrical Resistivity"

Just in case you didn't save it here's a 316L :)

"Temperature (degF)","Electrical Resistivity"

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: Hogni

HerbieVonVapster

Look's like it's getting a lot break in. :)
Did you do any adjustments on yours? Mine where a tad unleveled. I think might have bumped coils pulling it off the deck. Easy fix but but worth a check if getting any hot spots.

HerbieVonVapster,
Top Bottom