StemPod by MPL

AJS

Calm Consistency
Can someone please point me in the direction of where to buy these 19/26 stems?

I'm only seeing 19/22 on 420EDC. Where do you guys get your stems?

Sorry but I would like more options other than 1 stem.

So if I buy Milaana or Lil'Bud stems, they won't fit?

Will my Tubo stems fit?
Read my last post, nearly any length will fit.

Guys, we are confusing people talking about the different lengths lol. If it is 18mm, 90% chance it will fit. Variations won't matter.

Edit: @Evilevile
Just saw you deleted, sorry about that lol.

Either way, I think we are causing confusion discussing length, as seen by the quote above by Evil.

ray_b

Guys get fucking stoked, this thing is an absolute beast of a portable (it's a beast in general). High temp high airflow TC through water is a wicked experience. High Wattage low airflow fast pulls dry creates a backpressure to release some insanely thick clouds. Drop the Wattage a bit, lower the airflow and draw slow to not fight it and you'll get super smooth, flavorful vapor. Be as badass as Dan and crank the Wattage up, open up that airflow and wail on it for one of the deadliest hits you've experienced.

What wattage range do you recommend? What's a good starting point for TC/TCR settings? I've got the TCR settings dialed in for the Splinter and it's my favorite way to use it. This information used to be on the ModPod Labs website but it appears that the website is being refreshed and I can't find the info.

CBUFST9M_o.jpg

HerbieVonVapster

What wattage range do you recommend? What's a good starting point for TC/TCR settings? I've got the TCR settings dialed in for the Splinter and it's my favorite way to use it. This information used to be on the ModPod Labs website but it appears that the website is being refreshed and I can't find the info.

Looks like the website has been updated. Tried log in but some reason not able too. Haven't heard anything on shipping. Hopefully I make the Monday drop.

AJS

Calm Consistency

CBUFST9M_o.jpg
Hey man,

I started out around 27-29 for low airflow flavor light cloud rips and I think maxed out around 36W. I forget though.

My tcr values were M1 mode at tcr 290 max 50W. The settings in the manual were a tad different, this is what I found to be the most representative for what I'm used to. I believe @stickstones said these values were working great for him too.

ray_b

Hey man,

I started out around 27-29 for low airflow flavor light cloud rips and I think maxed out around 36W. I forget though.

My tcr values were M1 mode at tcr 290 max 50W. The settings in the manual were a tad different, this is what I found to be the most representative for what I'm used to. I believe @stickstones said these values were working great for him too.

Great, thank you @AJS. It was your vids that convinced me to order the StemPod.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My apologies for not posting since the testing...been busy and haven’t even read the last four pages of this thread, so I hope I’m not mentioning things already covered.

To sum up, it’s an easy to use big hitter that could benefit from a better cooling stem, so it’s money on a bubbler. I’ve tested a number of these types of vapes and the stempod was easy to nail out of the box and I never combusted or even came close. TCR mode worked really well. I’ve also spent some time building my own mods like this and like what’s been done here with the deck. The air flows right over each of the two ss coils, and the female stem joint mated with anything 18mm I threw at it. I’m a fan of the funkyjunky software used on the mod sent with it and had no problems using it in cruise mode or fire mode.

It’s a great fit for most forum members...instant big, tasty hits and most of us like to tinker with our glass and stems and find the best fit for our style. For mass market consumption it’s like most others in its class right now...in search of a good dry cooling system that works well from a pocket. But it’s already got a polish about it that stands out...the travel box is a nice touch, and the finish of the stempod feels ready for the world...nice and tight, and who doesn’t like well thought out instructions!

I’ve already sent it back to its maker, so I can’t do any specific requests for testing. I’m very confident @AJS can answer technique questions for this one better than I...he’s got more practice with it, and was my go to for a quick start that got me up and running in no time!

AJS

Calm Consistency
it’s an easy to use big hitter that could benefit from a better cooling stem, so it’s money on a bubbler.
Straight to the point. Water was by far my favorite method of use, it really shined.

The air flows right over each of the two ss coils
This is something I think I forgot to mention. This is what I love about the StemPod design. The air flow is seated just below the dual heaters, making faster draws more manageable for the vape.

Good summary Sticks, thanks. It took me 5 days to say what you said in 1 sitting and I still didn't cover many good points you added.

I'm not a very to the point kind of person. My personality type actually describes that as a fault of mine lol.

Hope Ryan's XL8R helps cooling?
For some reason I didn't test this, I think I wanted to just focus on what the StemPod came with. It would work great, I can say that almost for certain.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Well, I don't know what kind of sorcery Dan uses for shipping, but my StemPod showed up unexpectedly early today... from one side of the country to the other! I'll post some pics and initial thoughts later when I've had a chance to fire it up! Build quality looks excellent and the XL8R stem fits perfectly, as expected.

Oogendoogan

Well, I don't know what kind of sorcery Dan uses for shipping, but my StemPod showed up unexpectedly early today... from one side of the country to the other! I'll post some pics and initial thoughts later when I've had a chance to fire it up! Build quality looks excellent and the XL8R stem fits perfectly, as expected.
I’m stuck at work, but my stempod also showed up unexpectedly today. Can’t wait to get home and try it out!! :rockon:

RelaxedNow

Where are non-US customers getting their XL8Rs?

I’m in the US, so I can’t answer that, but maybe FunkyJunky’s A-maze Cooler will do the trick(?). I believe it’s only available to fit his capsule stems though, so you may have to buy that as well. I received one yesterday, but haven’t given it a try yet. I gues I’m not much help, but maybe somebody else can comment on this.

On another note, my Stempod arrived today, but I’m at a cabin in the Cascades and regretting that I had my mail held by the post office. I’ll have to get by with my Tubo (with the A-maze) and my Nomad. It’s a rough life.

hoyo77

CBUFST9M_o.jpg
Damn you ordered in July and its already shipping to you.....i pre-ordered and have not got a shipping notice...hmmmmm

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Perhaps depends on your ordered StashPod. Did you choose a wooden one?

Hogni,

ray_b

Damn you ordered in July and its already shipping to you.....i pre-ordered and have not got a shipping notice...hmmmmm
I pre-ordered in June, the July date is when I ordered some accessories.

Perhaps depends on your ordered StashPod. Did you choose a wooden one?
I don't think the wood StashPods will ship until August, Dan posted estimated shipping dates up thread

ray_b,

Chill_Break

I’m stuck at work, but my stempod also showed up unexpectedly today. Can’t wait to get home and try it out!! :rockon:

Oh why must i live in a country girt by sea and long shipping times. Hopefully will have mine by the end of the coming week.

Chill_Break,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Ok I’m baked. Going to bed. The stempod is amazing. So far my out of the box experience has been better with this vape than any other 18mm stem vape. That’s saying a lot. I will have more to say later. This thing is everything I hoped for and more so far :tup:
Damn dude awesome to hear! How about that 0-100 cold start rips huh? This thing is just so on demand.

So glad people are enjoying this vape, it's such a beast.

AJS,
Reactions: Hogni
Top Bottom