• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Modded Flip Brick v2.

yung fuggingson

I got a flip brick the other day cus sick of hydro brick whip causing brick to fly off desk.

I'm an experienced brick user (OG, JR, Hydro), but I was having a lot of trouble with this even though it's the improved version. No combustion's, but lots of scorches and burnt tasting hits whenever I try to get to hit big.

So I drilled through the air path (both pieces) with the next drill bit size up (4.5mm), and it is much improved, much more balanced hits i.e - sexy flavour, along with excellent clouds, plus you get more scope with the torch.

Just thought I'd share, as I was about to ditch mine, might help someone who is also unhappy with it.

I do love the hydro, it's just the whip on desk application, it keeps flicking brick off desk at any opportunity.

yung fuggingson

Ah nice, this thing is Godzilla now so I'm happy with it as I don't like restrictor discs.

I can finesse hits now that cloud the room and get full flavour lol, extracted a full bowl in one hit almost (full to the top and stacked). I was licked, had to stop playing Halo lol.

Well worth it, imo. I went up another drill bit size in the end, 2 sizes up. Stock hole size is 4.5mm.

A full high temp bag from my Volcano Hybrid can't even touch this.

Got so high I coloured in the bricks logo with different colour sharpies.

Oh yea the other really neat thing is you can adjust airflow by slightly twisting the top piece.

Last edited:

Tronzo669

I was getting uneven scorching in mine as well, even with the disk in. Flipping the restrictor disk, so that the top hat of the disk points up toward the intake instead of down to the bowl, eliminated the scorching for me.

:rockon:
Hmm this could be my issue, when you say point the top hat up toward the intake, you mean the Skinnier part with the threads going up and the flared base going down? If so if been using my disc backwards lol

nonamekevin

Hmm this could be my issue, when you say point the top hat up toward the intake, you mean the Skinnier par with the threads going up and the flared base going down? If so if been using y disc backwards lol
For my flip brick, I had to point the threads up. All the other bricks I point it down. Just figured out it worked better for me in the flip like that because it was still too fast with the threads pointing down.

Tronzo669

For my flip brick, I had to point the threads up. All the other bricks I point it down. Just figured out it worked better for me in the flip like that because it was still too fast with the threads pointing down.

Gonna try it out with the disc like that, even when i get good performance out of my flip i seem to have a lot of hot spots and scorching

EDIT: @nonamekevin wow this really worked awesome! been trying it out with the disc flipped like you said and haven't had a single scorch, and i was using an already mostly vaped bowl before too! the hit takes a little longer for the heat to ramp up but it's super easy to control and get a huge cloud without scorching now thank god i found this thread! like i take the hit to where i would normaly be at the edge of combustion and my avb is still yellow when i check after :D siccccck.

Last edited:

hankherer

awesome tips. gonna get drilling. storz n bickel dosing capsules fit in the stickybrick bowls. I like to use them to add a little conduction. it helps avoiding scorches or burns. also use just the lid of the dosing capsule but stick it on the top of the bowl on the intake piece.

hankherer,
Reactions: GoldenBud

FreeSpirit

Ah nice, this thing is Godzilla now so I'm happy with it as I don't like restrictor discs.

I can finesse hits now that cloud the room and get full flavour lol, extracted a full bowl in one hit almost (full to the top and stacked). I was licked, had to stop playing Halo lol.

Well worth it, imo. I went up another drill bit size in the end, 2 sizes up. Stock hole size is 4.5mm.

Oh yea the other really neat thing is you can adjust airflow by slightly twisting the top piece.
Thank you very much for sharing your flip brick hack. I dint quite understand are left those two whole that you drilled out to the diameter of 4.5mm or you realized that isn't dovoljno drilled out bigger hole

Thank you very much for sharing your flip brick hack with us, but I didn't quite understand you in the end. Is diameter of 4.5mm that you drilled out in the first place was enough or you realized that's isn't enough so you drilled out even bigger holes? I was confused with this part :"I went up another drill size in the end, 2 size up.". Thank you in advance for your answer.

FreeSpirit,

tokenknifeguy

He drilled into the "cork" hole
See I saw a video where some dude said that they keep the cork in there all the time and that is what I do as well. Well I've tried it without the cork and with the cork, and it seemed to work better for me when the cork is in there all the time. Wonder if making the other hole that you always leave open bigger would make it work better when leaving the cork in? Might test it out but my only problem is that like one side of the bowl will scorch up faster than the other side. Wish it was more even heating, and I don't use any restrictor disks.

tokenknifeguy,

GoldenBud

See I saw a video where some dude said that they keep the cork in there all the time and that is what I do as well. Well I've tried it without the cork and with the cork, and it seemed to work better for me when the cork is in there all the time. Wonder if making the other hole that you always leave open bigger would make it work better when leaving the cork in? Might test it out but my only problem is that like one side of the bowl will scorch up faster than the other side. Wish it was more even heating, and I don't use any restrictor disks.
sorry it was my mistake! the flip brick has no cork! he drilled into the airpath bricks.. more air enters the chamber..like the opposite of having a restrictor.
I really like a flip with a j-hook tho. taste is really good and it satisfies quickly

Top Bottom