• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mobius Glass

John Lewus

This whole discussion about perks reminds me of the lengthy discussions of power consumption on computers. Eventually the term performance per watt got coined. I feel that something similar here is needed. What perk or piece has the highest diffusion per drag ratio? I think ultimately that is the information you care about @A1FBG

A1FBG

Yes, I was farcically pointing out the flaw in your argument...

On a Lets compare perc X to perc Y basis, a single chamber tube is the only way to do so logically.
That's the point I've been repeatedly trying to convey to you.

I understand multi-chamber tubes can, and often do, offer more diffusion than a single chamber tube.
Please note that I understand this.
You don't seem to think I get that, I absolutely do, but as I have tried to explain multiple times, it is irrelevant to this discussion IMO...

FFS - I've said it multiple times - I'M TALKING ABOUT COMPARING PERCS!!!

WHEN COMPARING A SPECIFIC PERC TO ANOTHER SPECIFIC PERC, IT IS ASININE TO JUST SAY "Yeah, but slap another perc on there and its smoother" WHICH IS ESSENTIALLY WHAT YOU'RE SAYING...

Can you please address the actual substance of what I'm saying instead of nit-picking my hyperbole?

EDIT:
Seriously, It feels like this is the discussion I'm having:
A1: A gridded stemline gives more diffusion than a stereo matrix

FMG: Nope, not at all.

A1: Well you can slap a gridded circ on that stemline - NOW there's more diffusion HA.

FMG: But that doesn't address that a stereo is still more diffusion than a stemline...

A1: Don't you understand that these 2 percs are more than that 1 perc?

FMG: Sure, but if that stereo was combined with the gridded circ it would still be more diffusion again, what is the point of talking about extra chambers?

A1: Stereos don't come with extra chambers! Don't you understand that these 2 percs are more than that 1 perc?

FMG: well what if I stacked 94 ash catchers together then? They do exist, and are just as irrelevant in the discussion about the functionality of one perc over another...

A1: Who would want that many percs?

:bang:

Damn dude chill and go smoke or somethin. Go back to my original post. I had stated " a gridded streamline/circ" meaning a gridded stemline to gridded circ. I never compared " a stemline to stereo matrix" All i did was ask why people are using the stereo matrix so much for combustion when there are tubes with more diffusion. A good reply would have been "because of the zero drag clear or because of plain personal preference. At least something around those lines.

I never started slapping more percs in the tube. You read my post totally wrong.

@John Lewus its not really that important to me. I had just became really curious about that bottom matrix's function and how much effect it has on the tube with it being a dry perc

Last edited:
A1FBG,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Do you guy's find on average you prefer a piece with more or less drag?

Kind of 50/50 for me and depends on how I'm trying to vape. If I want to savor the hits, I usually use something with less drag (I have a 10 slit showerhead sidecar bub, and a bigger honeycomb I use for this)

I have a bong that has an interior showerhead that goes into a honeycomb (that's 2 percs! :D) and it has a HUGE amount of drag. I kind of love it though, as I find that restriction is making me pull the air over the weed slower, so I use it when I'm trying to take a massive 1 or two hits. Damn well better clear it though, as it takes a lot of power to get it going again.

I have a sidecar bubbler with a fritted disc, and I have a fritted disc ashcatcher, that I kind of hate them both. Kills flavor AND too much drag. The bubbler has some stupid piece of glass in the middle of the chamber to "swirl" the smoke, and it really only provides for a chuggy clear. The only upside is how cool they look when percing.

I'm going to my LHS tonight actually, maybe will be posting back with a new toy. Was looking for opinions in regards to the diffusion as I wasn't sure what I was looking for really.

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Dr. Plutonious

Like the one in the 50A?

It seems to be getting harder and harder to find Mobius. I can't find a clear bubbler anywhere. Aqualabtech is completely out of stock and has been for awhile.

Dr. Plutonious,

A1FBG

Like the one in the 50A?

It seems to be getting harder and harder to find Mobius. I can't find a clear bubbler anywhere. Aqualabtech is completely out of stock and has been for awhile.

Nah the new 60t. 2015 model. Go check out Jfreidnly.com

A1FBG,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Nah the new 60t. 2015 model. Go check out Jfreidnly.com
https://jfriendly.com/

Trichome Polar Perc lolwat

315Mobius-3891.jpg

https://jfriendly.com/products/detail/mobius-trichrome-polar-perc

Chandlerson

Damn I want :drool:
Still lusting after the möbius penta even more ,I wish they would start making them again.

Chandlerson,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Just bought a Mobius Ion Matrix. It's been a few days now but quite honestly, it is the best piece i've ever owned and I probably have had 30 or 40 in my lifetime thus far. The reasons why it is the best is that it is super smooth, 0 drag and just the right size for me. The hunt for perfection is over. Paid $387 here in New England where everything is expensive. But the bowl had the 5 slits so honestly, I was just happy to see one of these in person and more than happy to fork over the cash. I have wanted one for 3 years now when I first heard you FC goons going apeshit about 'em :science:

I can't wait to get this gorgeous girl hooked up to my Pax 2. Sounds like heaven.

Mobius_Matrix_Ion.jpg

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Just bought a Mobius Ion Matrix. It's been a few days now but quite honestly, it is the best piece i've ever owned and I probably have had 30 or 40 in my lifetime thus far. The reasons why it is the best is that it is super smooth, 0 drag and just the right size for me. The hunt for perfection is over. Paid $387 here in New England where everything is expensive. But the bowl had the 5 slits so honestly, I was just happy to see one of these in person and more than happy to fork over the cash. I have wanted one for 3 years now when I first heard you FC goons going apeshit about 'em :science:

I can't wait to get this gorgeous girl hooked up to my Pax 2. Sounds like heaven.

Mobius_Matrix_Ion.jpg
One of the best pieces I've ever owned too :D

Gotta love a legit möbius matrix :D

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
...still loving my Ion and it is used just about every day with my Haze. I've gone through numerous Vapes and glass pieces, but the Mobius I believe will always be in my collection...:nod::tup:

Chandlerson

What does everyone think of the new percs/glass??i haven't seen a water test video just pics but so far they look very intriguing

Chandlerson,

A1FBG

What does everyone think of the new percs/glass??i haven't seen a water test video just pics but so far they look very intriguing

i personally feel like the scope/polygon 23 is just a single matrix perc with a lil more diffusion

the polygon6 will be interesting to try out for oil/vaporizers imo tho

A1FBG,

MinnBobber

Me likey..... The polygon 6 would look nice on my vape station. I'm a flavor chaser so that seems like it should be awesome.

bassplayer

I just water tested the Clutch, the Scope and the new 60T Stereo Matrix. I ended up purchasing the Scope. All tested great - the Stereo Matrix was of course very similar to the original 60T, the Matrix percs do look bigger but I was going by memory of my older 60T I sold a while ago. Of the two new percs - Scope and Clutch I actually preferred the way the Clutch tested but I could tell that the Scope has more diffusion which I prefer. If you prefer less diffusion than a Matrix perc but more than say a Trichrome perc, might want to check out the Clutch - it's really nice.
I guess you can think of the Clutch as an oil piece and the Scope as a flower piece, though I'm not sure how much that matters since we don't use combustion :)

EDIT: one really nice thing about the Scope is that it allows me to use WAY more water than necessary (which I like from time to time) with zero splashback.

Last edited:
Top Bottom