Mobius Glass

SD_haze

Im leaning towards either a bubbler with stereo matrix perc or an Ion with Matrix. The Ion just looks so small. I found a shop about 4 hours from here that sells Mobius but they wont ship so that kind of put things on hold.......
Tough decision between the two. I'm glad they're out of my price range right now otherwise I don't think I'd be able to choose.

[[if you haven't seen the mobius VXC videos]]

The two stereo matrix VXC videos definitely sell that beast big time

But on the other hand, the cloud on-top of the matrix ion just looks so clean adapter-free.
Like they were built for each other.

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
But on the other hand, the cloud on-top of the matrix ion just looks so clean adapter-free.
That's actually not the ion, SD. The ion is a bit smaller. Not too small for the cloud, but you get your nose a little closer to the Cloud than with the regular bub in that video.
:peace:

Stu,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
That may well be true for a lot of people, BDV, but I've had a different experience. I don't have a big glass collection or anything, (just 5 pieces now), but I haven't bought anything else since I picked um my ion bub. I enjoy using it so much, the rest of my glass has been neglected, and I don't have any urge to buy more. It's a satisfying little piece for me in this regard and has kept me from getting GAS :lol: .

I get what you're saying. However, sometimes I'm in the mood for a bubbler, sometimes a tube. Sometimes something big and shotgun hits or a small kickback piece and relaxing. To me, it really does make a difference, as each experience is different and requires a little bit different technique, especially with vapor.

Honestly, I think the Black Leaf Saxo percs/pulls about as nice as that. I'd take the Mobius in a heartbeat... but I really think it says something, that Black Leaf actually got something so right. Though, they royally screwed up on the wall/diameter on the downtube. Had they dropped that 10mm, it would be a tough piece to beat.

I feel stupid playing Devil's Advocate in a Mobius thread, as they still remain the glass I must own, one day. I just think its interesting that you can find little gems, every now and then that offer similar performance for 1/3 - 1/4 the price.

BigDaddyVapor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
A major plus for Mobius pieces (IMO) is their lack of drag.
It makes the whole hit feel different.

Even on pieces that didn't have much drag, they just don't compare to the smooth ease of a rip from my matrix...

I haven't tried a BL Saxo yet, but while I do think BL make pretty good stuff for the price, I'd guess it has more drag than the Moby...

Poopmachine,
If you are going to get a stereo matrix, make sure you know what you want, there a few variants floating around out there.
1 - 60mm vs 65mm: the bubbler mouthpiece version is only available in 65mm AFAIK (the 65b) the tube mouthpiece is available for both (the 60t & 65t)
2 - Slitted Disk vs Solid disc: the stereo matrix has a disk between the 2 matrix percs. this forces the air to go in the bottom one, and out the top one.
On the earlier models the disk was a solid ring of glass, which meant that the water level would rise a bit after the first hit. so at some point they started adding slits to that ring. some air can then escape the stereo matrix and go up the slits, but the water will stay the same after each hit.
Solid disc:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/DAM_U_XL/m6.jpg
Slitted Disc:
http://www.kultureva.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/6562-item1.jpg

I'm not sure if they still do one, the other, or both, but it's something to take note of.
3 - (this one is fairly obvious :lol:) DI joint vs Regular: I've seen both out there

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Out of my glass, the Saxo has the least drag (part of that is the massive 36 or 38mm downtube). Though, that's not saying a lot, I like multi-percs. I actually like a bit of drag, for feedback. The Saxo, when I got it... kind of embarassing... but was kind of difficult to get used to, because the lack of drag. I was coughing up a lung, every time I hit it... especially with the HI.

While, I think you would like a Saxo... I don't think you would hang onto it. You've got too many pieces that function similarly and have the same form factor. And I don't care what they say about 5mm glass... I'd say maybe the can and base. Though, just for the base alone, the Saxo is a serious contender for ANY glass capable vape.

Ville23

I absolutely love my Ion Matrix with the Cloud!
It does sit a bit close to the face but if you turn it the right way, it's not too bad.

I've been on the lookout for the bigger version...Has anyone tried both?
Just curious, if there really is that much of a difference between the two?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I haven't tried the bigger bub, but it seems like it'd be more comfortable with the Cloud imo.

Stu,

bassplayer

I have a 60T Matrix, AWESOME with the cloud! My Nano Matrix is great too but the Stereo is the one for me

bassplayer,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I extended the reach on my Ion by adding an extension using a bent adapter, added a couple of inches to the reach, and gets my face further away from the cloud. It's being held in place with a couple of inches of silicone tube.

CajxY.jpg

jambandphan03,

John Lewus

OK everyone here is my dilemma. I found a local shop that has the 60mm stemless stereo matrix in stock. I was soooo close to buying it right then and there but held off because I think I really want the 65mm stemless bubbler although that one they said never comes in stock. The bubbler would be about $30 more and the slighty bigger tube (65mm vs 60mm). The only reason I like the bubbler better and this might sound odd is because I can see myself in the mirror when using it. When trying the stemless I pretty much have to look down and I can't see the awesomeness of the Mobius stacking. I actually don't like the tube sticking out because it is not as compact and easy to store as the stemless.

Should I get the 60mm stemless now or wait for a 65mm bubbler? I know that I won't go wrong with any Mobius piece but if you only had one to buy to pair with a cloud which one is the one worth waiting for?

John Lewus,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The one worth waiting for is the one you want.

I really like the look of the 65b, so given the amount the piece is gonna cost, I'd rather wait and find exactly what I want.
I saw one on BM not too long ago, but there was something I didn't like about it (I can't remember which it was, but I want a 65b with the solid disc, and a female joint, so it either had the slitted disc, or was DI) so I let it go.

Whats more important to you, having it now (but a little different to what you want), or having exactly what you want (but having to wait)?
:2c:

John Lewus

Frederick you make a good point. The problem is that I still don't know exactly what I want. I *think* I want the bubbler but really am not 100%. I am going to think about it. It is hard to figure out the pro's / con's of each piece because they really are close to each other. I also think I am getting too caught up on spec comparison and worrying about whether a 65mm is better than a 60mm. If they came out with 70mm I would be thinking that somehow the 70mm must be better. The nice thing about the 60mm stemless is it is a bit slimmer so possibly easier to store.​
When the prices are within 10% of each other why would anyone choose a 60mm when they could get a slightly bigger 65mm? I think that is what I am struggling with even though if I did a blind folded comparison I probably could never tell the difference. This reason alone is making me lean towards the 60mm that is in stock and $30 cheaper and also slightly more compact for storage / travel. There are a lot of reasons to like the stemless. If someone really could notice a difference between 65mm and 60mm that is probably enough reason for me to wait.​

John Lewus,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I extended the reach on my Ion by adding an extension using a bent adapter, added a couple of inches to the reach, and gets my face further away from the cloud. It's being held in place with a couple of inches of silicone tube.

CajxY.jpg

I'm sorry, dear... but please take it off! My eyes! You jerry-rigged a Mobius!!! :doh:

BigDaddyVapor,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The matrix is definitely the shit. The matrix Ion is my only true piece of glass and I don't see myself buying another, unless I decide to have a piece for smoking and a piece for vaping.

If I were buying a piece just for the Cloud, I would get a matrix, but maybe not the Ion. The Ion is great for me because I need something small to put away, but the Cloud is just a little too big for it, imo. It works fine and I will always use that combo, but if I were buying a new matrix for the Cloud I gotta think there is something a little more ergonomic to use.

PoopMachine

I have them holding a 60t for me. Me and Mrs Poopmachine will be making the drive to Charlotte this weekend.

PoopMachine,

bassplayer

I'm glad I have both the 60T Stereo Matrix and the Nano Matrix - I'm new to MMJ (didn't use before then) and even with the Cloud I still cough a lot. The 60T is great when my lungs are fresh (have not dabbed or anything) but if I need a smaller hit that's where the Nano comes in :)

bassplayer,

PoopMachine

I'm glad I have both the 60T Stereo Matrix and the Nano Matrix - I'm new to MMJ (didn't use before then) and even with the Cloud I still cough a lot. The 60T is great when my lungs are fresh (have not dabbed or anything) but if I need a smaller hit that's where the Nano comes in :)

Im a lung buster dude and Mrs PoopMachine can hold her own with the best of them so I think we're making the right decision with the 60t. We have several other glass pieces but nothing near that fancy. We have some Syn tubes thats probably our best stuff we have right now. Theyre not fancy, just plain beaker bottlom tubes.

PoopMachine,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, I thought the Saxo was zero drag. I guess there's even less. Love my new bubbler. 1 more piece (another SSFG, stemline this time), then I will finally get serious about hunting down an Ion Matrix.

BigDaddyVapor,

John Lewus

Can someone comment on a 60t vs 65t stereo matrix? I'm trying to decide if 60 bucks more would be worth it for using with a cloud. I don't know what a slightly bigger tube buys me in terms of performance. I doubt I could even notice side by side so could use expert opinion.

John Lewus,

bassplayer

Can someone comment on a 60t vs 65t stereo matrix? I'm trying to decide if 60 bucks more would be worth it for using with a cloud. I don't know what a slightly bigger tube buys me in terms of performance. I doubt I could even notice side by side so could use expert opinion.
Depends how big you like your hits, the 60t is more then enough for me, sometimes it's too much and I use my nano matrix.

bassplayer,

John Lewus

I hate to sound Like a n00b asking this but what does it mean a bigger hit? How does a larger tube give a bigger hit? When I vape I generally draw for about 5 Seconds, clear the tube, and finish that last little bit with clean air to completely fill my lungs to where I can't breathe. I try to hold for a couple Seconds but if the vapor is thick I'm coughing myself till I almost pass out.

I have sensitive lungs and even after a year of vaping I struggle to take A thick hit. I guess a larger tube gives you more to clear but does that somehow give you a bigger injection of vaper when you are clearing with little resistance?

John Lewus,

SD_haze

I hate to sound Like a n00b asking this but what does it mean a bigger hit? How does a larger tube give a bigger hit? When I vape I generally draw for about 5 Seconds, clear the tube, and finish that last little bit with clean air to completely fill my lungs to where I can't breathe. I try to hold for a couple Seconds but if the vapor is thick I'm coughing myself till I almost pass out.

I have sensitive lungs and even after a year of vaping I struggle to take A thick hit. I guess a larger tube gives you more to clear but does that somehow give you a bigger injection of vaper when you are clearing with little resistance?
Bigger tube requires more lung capacity to clear, biggest thing to consider IMO
Sounds like 60t is plenty big if you have sensitive lungs.

SD_haze,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
thats one of the reason i go with smaller pieces. the stereo pieces are awesome but alittle too big for me personally.

Top Bottom