• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mobius Glass

Retrospects

Damn.... already sold. That was fast.

edit: Congrats Restrospects. You beat me to it.
Sorry man, I wish there were enough for everyone! :( I had no idea there were that few! Hopefully you find one soon Stu. Best of luck!

Retrospects,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I noticed that bubbler on ALT last night. I'm glad to see it went to an FC member :)
There was a stereo Matrix there too, I almost pulled the trigger on it, but I'm after one of the bubbler style ones (which was already sold out on alt when I got there :()

You picked up an awesome piece retro.
Prepare to enjoy yourself :brow:

Frederick McGuire,

Retrospects

I'm sure I will have plenty of time to prepare as I'm stalking the tracking number for the next few days. :D

Retrospects,
The only day I don't look, ALT has some Mobius for sale. I'm still waiting for a 60t or 65t Stereo to pop up.

Highly Blunted,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
I just got a matrix ion and used it with my beta cloud last night. Very impressed. That perc is the shit...no drag and shit tons of diffusion...I am in love!

congrats on the mobius sticks!!! sounds like a winning combo to me

ilovebOObs,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've had my matrix ion for about a week or two now. Starting to get some coloration on the downstem and in horizontal lines in the perc. This thing is the shit!

I'm interested in cleaning techniques for this thing. Do you just soak the whole thing in ISO for a while, or add salt as well? I figure the tiny holes in the perc might make it unique in cleaning technique, but I dont' know.

And the joint is 19mm. My Cloud 18mm joint works fine, but is just a little loose. Does this matter or do any of you guys have something you use to make it tighter, if that is even necessary.

stickstones,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Are you saying there are 18mm joints and 19mm joints?
My understanding of GonG joints, was that they are 18.8mm, some people round one way or the other, but there's only that 1 size (not counting 14mm etc.:lol:)

What I do to clean my Matrix Bub (TBH, all of my glass) is the following:
  1. Quick water rinse to get out any loose particulates
  2. ISO rinse (about 200ml of ISO, poured into the bubbler and vigorously shaken - poured back into its bottle for reclaim purposes)
  3. Another water rinse - a lot of particulates that don't come out in the 1st 2 washes come off here.
  4. If the glass looks cloudy, repeat steps 2 & 3. (I assume the cloudyness is goodies building up)
  5. Rinse with sugar soap
  6. Water rinse
  7. Maybe repeat steps 5 & 6
The sugar soap gives the glass that "new" look - sparkling clean :)

Frederick McGuire,

ilovebOObs

i recommend getting some corks to plug up the piece for clean. really makes things much easier, since you can shake the shit out of it.

ilovebOObs,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
gong size...you know a hell of a lot more than I do, mcguire. the cloud claims an 18mm joint and the matrix ion claims a 19mm joint. I don't know if there is a difference, but the mating with my matrix is looser than with the hydratube. it works fine, but is looser.

thanks for the tips...how often do you do this? I would like my piece to stay nice looking, but I know that I won't do this after every use, or even every day. And I tend to leave the water in there if I am not going to moving it for a couple of days.

boobs...I saw some rubber stoppers on that science site someone linked in another thread that I will get for this exact reason.

stickstones,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
i recommend getting some corks to plug up the piece for clean. really makes things much easier, since you can shake the shit out of it.
I have a GonG Stopper I picked up from PlanetVape:tup:
gong size...you know a hell of a lot more than I do, mcguire. the cloud claims an 18mm joint and the matrix ion claims a 19mm joint. I don't know if there is a difference, but the mating with my matrix is looser than with the hydratube. it works fine, but is looser.

thanks for the tips...how often do you do this? I would like my piece to stay nice looking, but I know that I won't do this after every use, or even every day. And I tend to leave the water in there if I am not going to moving it for a couple of days.

boobs...I saw some rubber stoppers on that science site someone linked in another thread that I will get for this exact reason.

I too leave the water in for a few days if its not being taken to a friends place.
I switch between my pieces all the time, so I don't have an exact time frame, but it would be after a week to a fortnight of exclusive use I'd do that.

If the glass is looking a little cloudy, just an ISO rinse and then a water rinse will get it pretty clean.
That's just my I want it sparkling like new procedure.

Frederick McGuire,

ilovebOObs

i think they did something special for the vxc joint so it doesn't get stuck in another joint.

sticks don't you find the water gets stale after awhile. i can my stuff almost everyday sometimes more then once a day depending on how much i use it. i find after a few session the bub would start smelling, plus i find if a clean often it doesn't take me that long to clean it. i got my shit down to like 10 mins.

yeah i got the gong stoppers too love them!!!! but i use the corks for the mouth piece.
p6085125.jpg

ilovebOObs,

Giant Robot

FWIW, I just rinse every three or four sessions with GrungeOff and it melts away any residue and leaves the glass sparkling clean, then I funnel it back into the bottle. I doubt it takes me more than five minutes from start to finish. Then again, I'm using my stereo matrix bubbler solely for Cloud duty with flowers so it never really gets too dirty anyway, just a bit "foggy" after a few sessions.

Cheers,

Giant Robot

P.S. I've been soooo enjoying the Mobius Bub, that I haven't broken out the Vertigo HT since, (and I LOVED the HydraTube)!

Giant Robot,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've been soooo enjoying the Mobius Bub, that I haven't broken out the Vertigo HT since, (and I LOVED the HydraTube)!

Me exactly!

boobs...I haven't noticed any staleness yet, but it hasn't gone past two or three days at a time yet. Also, glad to see you are back to proper screensavers!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Sticks, I picked up some of those rubber stoppers (zero holes) from that science site and just got them in the mail yesterday. They work perfectly well, I'm happy to report. And dirt cheap, too.:nod:

:peace:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
sweet...thanks stu!
I forgot to mention that besides the 19mm rubber plug, I also picked up the size smaller (can't remember the exact size, but it's the next one down in size w/ zero holes) and it fit the mouthpiece of my ion perfectly.... for an extra 30 cents, it's a good deal to add on to your order.

:peace:

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I was trolling mobius on facebook and came across a pic of a prototype matrix downstem...looked sick as shit!

seen that picture. he also has "mobius" logo'd beer glasses hes thinking about making hah, nice frosted logo

i saw the matrix downstem too and someone asked him if he'll get it in production and he said when he has time he definitely wants to. I guess he's busy right now finishing up the new perc

MarcellusWiley,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was drooling over the Mobius line too, but just got my hands on a 18" David Goldstein fritted disc, and also just ordered the DG mini can, so I guess the Mobius will have to be on the wait list for now. Sure is a nice looking design!!

jambandphan03,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Yeah... I'm going to have to give up my stream of a mobius... or any other $$$ glass. Life just ain't going to work out for me like that.

Chinese knock-offs! I'm home!

BigDaddyVapor,

Giant Robot

Have you guys seen the new Mobius/JAG collabs? They made tubes AND bubs with a specially modified Matrix perc but you have to see it to believe it. Unreal! I would have pulled the trigger on this one if not for the $1,600 price tag!!!! (Sigh) ;)

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...obius-jag-orbital-bub-with-matrix-perc-5.html

Be sure and back out to the main Mobius page to see all of the new designs.

Anyone in the FC community instabuyin??? ;)

Giant Robot

Giant Robot,
Top Bottom