• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mobius Glass

tepictoton

anybody seen any of the new percs appear online yet? It was mentioned in the vapexhale thread that mobius was going to release 3new percs on 4/20...Did notice a difference in the mobius section on ALT...Yesterday they still had plenty models(al solled out off course) online, now they only have some bowls and one more bubbler...maybe they are going to put them online later on today?

tepictoton,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Did anyone run out and get one today? They have a few different styles at my LHS and they look amazing

SF Giant,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I did load up the ALT page for a look about an hour ago and the Pentacle had already gone, then in the 5 mins I was on the page the Matrix went too. They're selling like hot cakes! lol. But I don't think they've got the sleek pretty lines of the bubblers and the nano tubes- I wasn't really tempted, but would have been had they restocked on Ion bubblers.

WatTyler,

Hagbard Celine

These look mighty cool. But it looks like all three if these new ones use the 18mm FEMALE slide and MALE slide joint. The opposite of what I am used to seeing on these bubblers. But I am new to these glass pieces.

I'd like to understand why they are done this way. Does this make it any more difficult to use for those of us vaping only? For those of you with more experience, what are the pros/cons to using this design instead of the more typical male slide and female slide joint?

If you're able to get more into specifics, I'd be trying to use a bubbler with a UD and a HI. Opinions?

Hagbard Celine,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I wish they would have been female slide joint as well. Hopefully those will come.

Gonzo,

SD_haze

alt_4-18-12-41.jpg

:haw:

SD_haze,

Giant Robot

Hi all -

I've been looking for a new glass piece to go with my awesome VXC Cloud and while I was set (and had pre-reserved) a stereo matrix model, I bought some time and went out to my local Mobius retailer and got there about 1/2 hour before opening today so I could have first shot at the new mysterious 2012 line just in case it knocked my socks off. :)

In reality, while they are all beautifully made on both an aesthetic and technical level, myself (and even the two others that had waited in line with me) felt that these were a simpler design than the breathtaking stereo matrix percs and perhaps even a tiny bit gimmicky (pentagram perc anyone?). In fact, the store owner admitted that these seemed a bit more chuggy than previous models. Consensus was that while they are completely competent additions, they didn't seem to "raise the bar" from previous Mobius releases. Mobius blows such beautiful glass that the irony hasn't been lost on me that I probably would have considered the Diamond perc, if not for already lusting after the total drool factor of the previous stereo matrix percs.

For me, I'm going to go for the 65mm Stereo Matrix Bub, and add a 18mm female-female adapter to fit my new Cloud as well as to add a bit of height for potential splashback to the joint. I can hardly wait and am proud to add my very first Mobius piece to my starting collection.

Cheers,

Giant Robot

Giant Robot,
Reactions: Ville23

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I went to my LHS and they had 3 of the 4 new percs but the $$$ and male joint made me think and I did this instead:

Just picked up a Zob 14" Fixed Flat Disc at my LHS for under $200 :) This is my first piece of glass since the 1980's and I just took my first "moisture conditioned" vape hit . . . wow . . . why did I wait a year to do this? My HA absolutely rocks this tube and I can take huge hits at 400*F with no lung or throat irritation. Plus it fits right in the door to my lab fridge :D

zobm.jpg

• Three Ice Pinches
  • Slide Joint: 18 mm Female Dewar Joint
  • Slide: 18 mm Male Clear Funnel Slide Included
  • Downstem: Fixed Showerhead Downstem with Dewar Joint
  • Glass Thickness: 5 mm
  • Tube Diameter: 50 mm
  • Height: 14.25" Inches Tall
  • Base Diameter: 5.00" Inches

t-dub,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
When I heard there were new möbius percs coming out, I was excited, but seeing them now, I'm a bit underwhelmed.
I looked at the ones listed on alt, and thought for that price... Meh. (I'm talking about the non-sale price of $420)
I'd rather my matrix Bub which was cheaper than these new ones.

When I first saw the matrix and reti percs, I was amazed, with the new ones it more like, oh they are some nice disc diffusers, but I feel like I've seen similar stuff before.

Having said that, I'm sure they function beastly, as all möbius pieces do. (and im sure I'll end up with a matrix disc diffuser, give it time :lol:)

I'm also not a fan of the male joint, but I believe it makes it so that you can do dabs of a nail without an adapter, where with a female joint you would need a male-male adapter.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Frederick . . . man this thing is tasty. It seems the tube diameter multiplies your pull strength, like a hydraulic gear, because I used the stock HA whip to connect to the tube, so I could hit hands free, and when I tried it it was no problem. Before when I used the whip on its own it was way too restrictive bit with this thing, well, I'm truly amazed at the difference in vapor taste, dose, lung/throat feel everything has been greatly enhanced.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Haha, I'm glad you like water filtration t-dub.
I rarely hit a vape that's not going through water.
I also like the visual feedback a bong can provide.
It helps you figure out the optimal draw without having to rely on how the hit feels in your lungs.

Would you mind posting another pic or 2 of your new piece?
(Maybe in the customized vape setups thread, it'd be a bit off topic here :lol:)
I haven't really seen many (any) straight tubes with a fixed downstem (they're usually stemless or removable stem), and especially not with a dewaar joint, I've only seen them in bubblers and ash catchers.

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Mrmrmrmr

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Can't believe the lunatics that fucking scooped all the new Mobius off ALT.

Maybe they only had a tiny amount?

But, I am feeling the same way you are Frederick, in that they aren't impressing me much...with a small tiny touch of Sour Grape. :ko:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Would you mind posting another pic or 2 of your new piece? (Maybe in the customized vape setups thread, it'd be a bit off topic here :lol:) I haven't really seen many (any) straight tubes with a fixed downstem (they're usually stemless or removable stem), and especially not with a dewaar joint . . .
No problem Frederick. I may even do my first FC video . . . :cool:

Giant Robot

Supposedly, all Mobius-friendly retailers got at least one of each style, and I'm sure ALT got more than the average LHS but probably still a relatively small number I would imagine. Even though these weren't my cup of tea, I'm happy for Mobius that this will end up being another global sold out evening for him. For me, I guess I'm moving on although I'm still excited to see perc 4 in a couple of months. :)

FWIW, this has still been a , I got lucky. I called ALT direct to find that even though their website showed sold out, they still had one last 18mm Female-Female adapter avaiable for me which means for $20, I can have the freedom to choose between the 65mm Stereo Matrix tube (w/female joint) or the bubbler (with male joint) for my VXH Cloud when I go choose the one I want over the weekend. Both are being held for me to decide.

I'm just a flower guy so I know that the tube is the obvious answer, but if the diffusion is equal and since I now have an adapter for my Cloud, I love the shorter profile and (relatively) compact design of the bubbler more than the dramatically long tall tube. I always loved the videos I have seen of the older Dewaar Clear bubbler with single matrix perc, and the Stereo 65B seems to be the logical evolution of that piece.

I brought this up somewhat on the Cloud board but I ddn't want to get too deep because it woud start to get off topic, but any last minute advice before I pull the trigger would be greatly appreciated. :) For the record, I don't have the smaller 60mm tube as an option for now as it's out of stock. Also, earlier concerns about water flowing up through the stem and frying my Cloud would be eliminated (I hope?) by adding the height of the F-F adapter, plus proper filling of the bub to just below the top holes of the top perc?

I love that this forum has like minded Mobius enthusiasts around to chat within our own non-combustion subculture. :)

Peace,

Giant Robot

P.S. Either way, I'll post a Cloud video to that thread... :)

Giant Robot,

Longbones

Headford inline vs. Mobius Matrix diffusion level (merged)

Thread title says it all. How does the diffusion compare? Obviously it's 11 slits vs 160 pinholes, so the Matrix has better diffusion—that said, how do they actually compare when vaping from them?

I'd like to hear from someone who's owned both, if possible.

Longbones,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I personally don't forsee you having too much of an issue with the splashback, especially after adding on a female to female adapter. I took out my EQ cyclone bowl and realized that is a female to female adapter so when the Pentagram perc comes wednesday I won't need to buy anything to try the cloud out on it!

Yes guys, I am one of the "lunatics" :)

Made the GF drive me home at 7:15 EST and saw the videos and had that baby ordered by 7:25. Looks like a great oiler and I smoke a lot of it! Helps my b-day was a couple weeks ago for the extra cash :p

Let you guys know on Wednesday how the penta hits!

Giant Robot

I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the Penta. Thanks again for all of your ongoing advice as I got closer to making my decision as well. I'll add a report on how things turned out in a few days.

Giant Robot

Giant Robot,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Cool, glad someone will be able to let us know how they are, if I wasn't so broke right now I'd have picked up a penta or matrix one myself

SF Giant,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Unfortunately since Aqualab has been swamped they haven't sent out my order yet :(. Hopefully they'll get around to sending it out tomorrow and I'll get it by friday! let you guys know!

MarcellusWiley,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Looks like Aqua Lab got a stereo matrix and another set of the three disc percs today. stereo matrix and the matrix disc are gone already, hope one of you got the 60mm stereo that was looking for it!

MarcellusWiley,

Longbones

Wasn't sure whether to put this in Ask FC or Glass...

Does anyone know whether you can put a bc2011 ashcatcher on a Mobius nano? How awkward would it be?

Trying to decide between the nano and a BC circ-to-circ (gridded 2 chamber).

I can get a Sov downstem on the Mobius which makes it two well diffused chambers too, plus the sexyness of the matrix perc. But the BC2012 ashcatcher is BIG and HEFTY. 7.75in tall. Haha :p

The ground glass 18mm male adapter (to plug into the 18mm 45 degree female adapter I'll get for the matrix if I get it) sits .75 in above the bottom of the a/c.

This'd be more of a lap vape, but even so...

Longbones,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter

when I get my new 18mm nail I'll take some high quality videos. So far it is incredibly smooth and I really love the way it hits with oil and even tried a couple combustion bowls with cold distilled water and very smooth as well! Hits like a champ. Very nice size. Clean Look. Love it!

when I get my new 18mm nail I'll take some high quality videos. So far it is incredibly smooth and I really love the way it hits with oil and even tried a couple combustion bowls with cold distilled water and very smooth as well! Hits like a champ. Very nice size. Clean Look. Love it!
Looking awesome Marcellus, I can really tell the quality of the mobius pieces. Not only is the design one of a kind, it actually is functional.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
There doesn't seem to be a general Mobius thread yet - I think they deserve one!

I love my Ion Matrix, and hope to have some dirty pictures coming soon :)

However, I also have a question. Anyone else have a Matrix, and see lines of oil along the center downstem/tube?

sessnet,
Top Bottom