• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mobius Glass

Mobius Glassworks Worked Stemless Stereo Matrix 60 mm Tube with Embur Cordless Electric Lighter, Illadelph Vape Adapter 14mm Rasta Label, Storz & Bickel Volcano Digit Vaporizer; Easy Valve System:

Modnote: Nice video but please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

My apologies, I just thought the video fell within the realm of this thread.

knickertoker,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Nice piece. I havent seen a mobius worked like that before. Did u like take it to be worked or get it like that? All the mobius pieces ive seen are clear. Id love to get mine worked.

YoGranMazPimp,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It was going well until you set fire to it, again. Fuck that dirty combustion shite. Post some vapor videos man. You've got nice glass, but it looks like shit full of smoke.

WatTyler,
Reactions: 215z

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Just a couple of pics I snapped I thought are relevant to this thread:
Reti Bubbler Stacking Bubbles: || Matrix Bubbler Stacking Bubbles:
||

Frederick McGuire,
Modnote: 5 Mobius threads were merged into one.

I'm trying to decide on my first piece of glass, and I'm pretty committed to spending less than $300. I love the look of the Mobius Nano Zero-Drag and I've read plenty of great reviews about it.

At the same time, for roughly the same price (or as low as about $240) I have a few different 9mm beakers from HVY to choose from. I don't want anything too tall, so the options from HVY seem to be the 9mm 4-arm ($240), 9mm 8-arm ($300) and 9mm showerhead ($290).

-People rave about the quality of workmanship from Mobius. Can I expect any less from HVY?

-Most of the reviews of the 9mm HVY pieces state that the pieces are extremely beefy and difficult to break. However, the 9mm pieces are also going to be heavier, and will result in a bigger impact if dropped. Any thoughts about 9mm vs 5mm glass?

-In terms of diffusion, I have a lot of options - Mobius Zero-Drag, 4-arm, 8-arm and showerhead. Any thoughts here?

I'll be using this piece exclusively with my HI. Is there some other piece in this price range I should be looking at too? Thanks in advance.

OKcomputer,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I'd consider one of the ION bubblers by Mobius (reti or Matrix perc) as well. They will run 270-300 dollars on Aqua Lab and maybe a bit cheaper in a LHS in Cali hopefully?

I personally use the Stereo Matrix 65 mm stemless and its great for how big it is! The bubblers seem to be really great for vapes though!

MarcellusWiley,
When I first started looking at glass I really wanted an Ion or Clear bubbler, but I'm afraid that ergonomics might become a problem. I'd need an 18-14 reducer adaptor, and then placing the HI all-glass turbo tube (3") on top of that will greatly increase the effective height of the bubbler. I'm afraid I'd end up having to awkwardly hold the HI right in front of my face during a pull.

OKcomputer,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
When I first started looking at glass I really wanted an Ion or Clear bubbler, but I'm afraid that ergonomics might become a problem. I'd need an 18-14 reducer adaptor, and then placing the HI all-glass turbo tube (3") on top of that will greatly increase the effective height of the bubbler. I'm afraid I'd end up having to awkwardly hold the HI right in front of my face during a pull.

I guess you'll have to check out some videos or ask someone that has one and has used a log with it... I just really like the stemless/dewar designs. and for that price getting one of their dewar bubblers I think is a great pick up. The Nano's are supposed to be great pieces too though I just already had a couple downstem bongs and wanted to go stemless!

I'm not sure if you should worry "too" much about that though...have you seen the VapexHale cloud videos where SM uses his ION bubbler? (search vapexhale mobius on youtube) doesn't seem to be uncomfortable for him and the cloud is probably 50% longer than the HI atleast I would assume.

I just really love Mobius man!

MarcellusWiley,
Watched the video. The cloud is definitely longer than the HI, but remember the 3" length of the all-glass turbo tube that would be sitting on top of an 18/14 reducer on top of the bubbler itself. Doesn't look too uncomfortable on a table top, but I do most of my vaping from the couch. Just seems like it would be awkward if I'm sitting back a little, trying to hold up the bubbler with one hand and work the HI/slide with the other.

OKcomputer,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
the 18/14 reducer adds less than 1/2 an inch to the height - IMO its negligible compared to anything else that gonna be plugged into it.

Ive used my solo through my mobius bubblers using a planet vape Gong Stem (I think similar length to the turbo tube) and didn't find it all that awkward.

Ive also used them with my LSV, and the only annoyance I found was that if you wear a baseball cap, the brim will bump the temperature knob...

I also like the distance from my face my GonGn0me is with the Mobius Bubs. I can feel the residual heat with my forehead, and know exactly when to pull. :tup:

I'm planning on posting some pics and vids of my mobius (and other) pieces soon, so look out for that if you are still interested in them.

:peace:

Frederick McGuire,
Any specific reason why the Mobius bubblers would give me a better experience than the Nano? All of the bubblers are now sold out at ALT anyhow, so this might be a moot point.

Still wondering about the 9mm question... is the 9mm 4-arm beaker from HVY going to give me the best bang for my buck at $240, or am I going to get a better vaping experience with the Mobi Nano Zero-Drag at $290?

OKcomputer,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Where are you getting the Mobius from? They are pretty much sold out everywhere I checked. There is a LHS that had 2 Mobius Ion Matrixs, and I bought 1, so there is still 1 left at least "out in the wild".

I used the Solo directly on the Ion and it's not awkward to me, and quite comfortable. I also have a bunch of these:

alt_3-18-11-22.jpg

That will help, just in case, if you think the vape will be in your face :tup:

sessnet,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I went for the bubblers due to personal preference.
IMO, Bubblers are better for if you are going to be holding the piece during the hit, while tubes/beakers tend to be better if they are standing on a table or similar.
How do you tend to vape?

I'm not the biggest fan of the perc in the neck of a tube style, so I don't have much experience with them. (I have a Black-Leaf beaker with 6-arm tree and dome splash-guard - Its not bad, but the perc adds a decent amount of drag [something I'm certain the mobius ones won't do, and I'm sure quality ones like HVY shouldn't have bad drag])

Frederick McGuire,
I went for the bubblers due to personal preference.
IMO, Bubblers are better for if you are going to be holding the piece during the hit, while tubes/beakers tend to be better if they are standing on a table or similar.
How do you tend to vape?

That's actually the reason why I'm considering tubes/beakers more so than bubblers - it just seems like holding a bubbler up with one hand and using the other hand to work the HI/slide would be less convenient than resting the base of the tube/beaker on my lap. The latter scenario also allows me to operate the HI down above my lap, rather than right in front of/above my face.

OKcomputer,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
that certainly works too.
do you have any other beaker/tube style pieces?

My RX industries beaker is 14" and is the perfect height for sitting on my lap.
My 11" SYN Beaker is too short for that and must be held.

So you might want to double check how tall the beaker you get is, and if its right for hiw you want to use it. :tup:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: OKcomputer

Hagbard Celine

Where are you getting the Mobius from? They are pretty much sold out everywhere I checked. There is a LHS that had 2 Mobius Ion Matrixs, and I bought 1, so there is still 1 left at least "out in the wild".

Interested in this thread and new to all this glass talk as well. I'm curious what other places online even carry these Mobius bubblers. The only place I've seen is ALT, and as mentioned, they seem to be sold out for a while. I expect any other places are sold out as well, but are there alternate online sites I should be checking?

ALT doesnt even show the Ion in a matrix version (not even as a sold out item) - are these even available anymore?

Hagbard Celine,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
Watched the video. The cloud is definitely longer than the HI, but remember the 3" length of the all-glass turbo tube that would be sitting on top of an 18/14 reducer on top of the bubbler itself. Doesn't look too uncomfortable on a table top, but I do most of my vaping from the couch. Just seems like it would be awkward if I'm sitting back a little, trying to hold up the bubbler with one hand and work the HI/slide with the other.

I do this all day no problem with my bubbler. The HI is so small you can hold it and remove glass tube no problem. But I can see why u like a tube and tha mobius looks cool. Maybe somethung like the zob wubbler would work for you.

ilovebOObs,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Interested in this thread and new to all this glass talk as well. I'm curious what other places online even carry these Mobius bubblers. The only place I've seen is ALT, and as mentioned, they seem to be sold out for a while. I expect any other places are sold out as well, but are there alternate online sites I should be checking?

ALT doesnt even show the Ion in a matrix version (not even as a sold out item) - are these even available anymore?

I checked Mobius site, looked up the retailers, and took a nice trip to the nearest place JUST to get the piece I wanted :brow:

sessnet,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I got lucky picking up my 2 pieces.
I got the Reti off ALT, when I just happened to look the day they listed it. I snapped it up straight away.
I got the Matrix from the classifieds section here. I sent a PM as soon as I saw the post, and I was already the 2nd in line. (luckily, the other person fell through :tup:)

Frederick McGuire,
I do this all day no problem with my bubbler. The HI is so small you can hold it and remove glass tube no problem. But I can see why u like a tube and tha mobius looks cool. Maybe somethung like the zob wubbler would work for you.

Yeah, I know I'll still be working the HI/slide with one hand, but there's a decent amount of distance between your face and your HI when you're using your Sheldon Black, boobs. I think this is due to the shape/length/angle of the mouthpiece. The distance between your face and the joint is shorter with the Mobius bubs, or at least that's how it looks.

I'm actually starting to lean away from the Nano and back toward the HVY 9 mm 4-arm. Seems like it would be a lot more stable. One thing though - given the extra heft of the glass, am I going to be more likely to break the perc if the beaker falls over, for example?

OKcomputer,
Reactions: Lampshade

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant

I've seen them couple of times at Kulture. Not there at the moment, but there were within the last few weeks. I think you've just got to keep checking
http://store.kultureva.com/index.php?family=Mobius

WatTyler,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
I checked Mobius site, looked up the retailers, and took a nice trip to the nearest place JUST to get the piece I wanted :brow:

im jealous that you're so close to the a mobius retailer. i just looked and the one you most likely went to in NJ is the closest one to me but im still all the way in CT.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
im jealous that you're so close to the a mobius retailer. i just looked and the one you most likely went to in NJ is the closest one to me but im still all the way in CT.

It was still a trip for me, about 4-5 hours on the train/walking and stuff, there and back. The store is in a cool, clean, quiet college town. If you get stuck, and can't get it, and have your heart set - I'd be willing to make the trip for you!

sessnet,
Now I'm even more confused. I was almost sold on the HVY 9mm 4-arm, but then I read a bunch of posts on grasscity saying that HVY is notorious for crooked percs, improperly cut slits, slits not firing, etc. What to do?!

OKcomputer,
Top Bottom