• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mobius Glass

nodrog

So. I love my little Mobius Nuc, but it's kind of....little. Pretty much 90% of my getting stoned is sitting at my desk, so I want a "desktop" setup but with this piece. With it flat on the desk, bending over to access the low mouthpiece means a ridiculous hunchback position, but neither I don't want to have to stand up and hold the bong every time. Need a stable desktop situation.

Ended up ordering a small restaurant display stand, which even has a chalkboard on it. Silicone trivet on top to keep it from slipping too bad and I now have a tiny Mobius at comfortable mouth height. Voila! I recognize I'm at slightly increased risk of it falling now, but that's worth it for the comfort of having the mouthpiece at the right height.

How have you guys (ok, probably some women here too) coped with having a short piece for desktop use?

jpdnkstr

My 60t is the perfect height(for me) on my desktop!, my last piece was not... so I understand.

jpdnkstr,

nodrog

Is there such as thing as a Mobius downstem anywhere? I'm so happy with the filtration on the Nuc I'd like to upgrade my older but quite beautiful larger glass bong for better flower smoking (is that uncool to ask about on fc?). Far as I can tell, Mobius made a downstem for a short while and never did again. I can't find any for sale online. Anyone able to point me in the right direction? Alternatively, what is a similar downstem?

10857954_885104444841381_6909632125645037672_n.jpg

MinnBobber

thanks.
Do any of these shops typically have a 4/20 sale that includes Mobius?
I've got an Ion but considering another small volume piece like Atom, Neutron, Nuc ???

Love their work but can't quite justify full price :)
Awaiting the new lineup---as that was nice news to me.
I hope for a small volume, minimal diffusion, flavor chaser piece for vaping flowers.

OR......a Mobius hydratube

MinnBobber,
Reactions: VegNVape

MinnBobber

gaseous_clay

Guess I'll find out!

I couldn't find anything on the original Micro. This almost seems like a replacement for the Clear. Perhaps "Micro" is as calling a really big guy "Tiny."

gaseous_clay,
Reactions: MinnBobber

MinnBobber

A lot of new items up at the Cave. Sadly the RDF is already sold out.
Ion Matrix II
http://thecavesmokeshop.com/collections/mobius-glass/products/mobius-ion-matrix-ii
................................................................................
I wish they had a real pic of Ion 2. I have an Ion and love it but not crazy about the new "vase" profile as I'm used to straight sides. Maybe get used to it??

Ion specs BELOW but at end they refer to RDS ;) I'd like to see better pic of new perc and how many slits/ holes does it have??

14mm Female Joint to Matrix Perc

14mm New Style Single-Hole Slide

Height: Approximately 10"

Width of Foot: Approximately 5.5"

Note: Stock Photo, Your RDS May Differ Slightly

- See more at: http://thecavesmokeshop.com/collect...cts/mobius-ion-matrix-ii#sthash.5I3P6Jfq.dpuf

nodrog

I am SO curious how well the Flower Pot vaporizer attachment works. $200 is a lot for me to drop on that but I sure am intrigued. Will likely wait until reports start surfacing. I have to imagine, though, that they know what they're doing and it works GREAT.

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
While I too am very new to Mobius and vaping in general, I just did a ton of research on the very subject. Ended up, as I posted, choosing a NUC instead of an Ion. While I have not personally tried an Ion, here's why I think the NUC is superior for your purpose: Smaller can size is preferable for vaporizing, and the end of the mouthpiece seems much preferable to the Ion's smaller tip. Read some complaints that it is slightly a pain to use the mouthpiece on the Ion, and I'm guessing the wider area on the NUC is in response to that. Otherwise, they seem like very comparable rigs.

My opinion based on a ton of reading over recent weeks, YMMV.

I did the same research a month or so ago and reached the same conclusion. I love my Nuc. Recently I received a larger recycler from CCG that is really nice - except I can tell that the additional volume of my recycler weakens the flavor of my flower 'n concentrate more than I prefer. The one thing I am not crazy about my Nuc (and presumably the Ion as well) is h0w close the nail is from my face. Thankfully a dropdown solved that challenge nicely.

Bottom Line: I heatedly recommend the Nuc - particularly when you can get it for $210 using a 420 sale discount:

https://jfriendly.com/products/detail/mobius-nuc-matrix-bubbler

Maitri,

gaseous_clay

The Nuc looks nice, but it's only a 14mm joint. (I have an EVO, so 18mm or I need to use an adapter.)

Talked to The Cave today. They do a phone verification for 1st time orders. My Micro II is on the way!

I also asked about the size & was told it's about 11" tall. They said the sizing is basically like a tall Ion.

I'll have a few pics & such when it gets here... My first Mobius... I'm a bit excited! :rofl:

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
The Nuc looks nice, but it's only a 14mm joint. (I have an EVO, so 18mm or I need to use an adapter.)

Talked to The Cave today. They do a phone verification for 1st time orders. My Micro II is on the way!

I also asked about the size & was told it's about 11" tall. They said the sizing is basically like a tall Ion.

I'll have a few pics & such when it gets here... My first Mobius... I'm a bit excited! :rofl:

I use a 14mm Male -> 18mm female GonG to mate my EVO with my Nuc and it works quite well.

Please do let us know what you think f your Micro II! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom