Mobius Glass

TheDarkOne

I'm curious, I haven't seen a lot of people talk about the Proton Matrix. It keeps catching my eye at the LHS and it's discounted now so I have been thinking about procuring. Anyone have any experience good or bad?

TheDarkOne,

ReeferChiefer

I'm curious, I haven't seen a lot of people talk about the Proton Matrix. It keeps catching my eye at the LHS and it's discounted now so I have been thinking about procuring. Anyone have any experience good or bad?
Proton

I don't have any experience with it but to be honest, it seems to function like many other small oil rigs of similar design. For me personally, I went with Mobius for their unique design and functionality. That is why I went with Matrix percolation and never regretted it. This one in particular while having the Matrix perc implemented in it, seems to still function like a lot of other similar rigs at a lower price range. Of course I'm biased to Mobius so it's not like I'm suggesting not to get into the brand, IMHO I personally would go with something like the Nuc Matrix where the perc is more pronounced to do its job.

If you simply prefer that style anyway then forget everything I said lol. Rest assured Mobius is top glass regardless.

Nuc

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Where would be the best place to procure an Ion? Jfriendly had a Nano or whatever the 14mm version of the Mobius bubbler on sale around Thanksgiving and I am kicking myself for not picking it up then.

They also have some fucking beautiful ones with some accents on the base and mouthpiece that were running close to $500....out of my price range. They were down to about $360 during the sale and again I am kicking myself.

They just seem in general a real PitA to find, but I could be looking in the wrong spots

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: TheDarkOne

ReeferChiefer

Where would be the best place to procure an Ion? Jfriendly had a Nano or whatever the 14mm version of the Mobius bubbler on sale around Thanksgiving and I am kicking myself for not picking it up then.

They also have some fucking beautiful ones with some accents on the base and mouthpiece that were running close to $500....out of my price range. They were down to about $360 during the sale and again I am kicking myself.

They just seem in general a real PitA to find, but I could be looking in the wrong spots
If all else fails, I always suggest people contact Illuzion Glass Galleries and ask if they have it available. They are great to deal with, carry incredible amount of quality glass and seem to always have a healthy stock of Mobius glass available. They were the ones who helped me get my Stereo Matrix when it was impossible to find elsewhere for months.

BeardedCrow

I used to be a china glass type guy, buying the cheapest glass possible, using it to the point of no return, trash it. Buy another $40 glass...

Then my friend shows me his 'high end' glass, sovereignty and mobius. I was blown away, it hit, so good.

Purchased a mobius nano strato matrix immediately.

I feel lucky, it's difficult to find any other mobius pieces now...

Gn0sis

Older pic of the collection.

Might add pics of the Blue/White worked Binary Matrix and Blue/Green worked 50A later.

4w7SlHQ.jpg

BeardedCrow

Hard to find mobius now....

Recently bought a few 'heady' glass oil rigs, none of them hit as nice as my nano matrix...
Anyone know where to find more mobius online?

BeardedCrow,

formerpushaman

Washed the girls and got them ready for a family portrait.

OkZSraT.jpg

wFNIRMx.jpg

5lfFNF3.jpg

Csl5XSe.jpg
hello I used to own the piece in the middle but it ended up getting smashed in an argument with my old roomate. I was wondering if you would be willing to sell this piece. You can name the price if it is for sale because i have looked everywhere on this earth for one and cannot seem to find it. Please reply if you are intersted

Older pic of the collection.

Might add pics of the Blue/White worked Binary Matrix and Blue/Green worked 50A later.

4w7SlHQ.jpg
would you be willing to sell the 2nd piece in from the right

Modnote: Solicitation outside of the Classifieds section is not permitted.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeardedCrow

Damn I knew I should of gotten like 5 or 6 mobius when I had the chance....

At least I got 1...

BeardedCrow,

ReeferChiefer

hello I used to own the piece in the middle but it ended up getting smashed in an argument with my old roomate. I was wondering if you would be willing to sell this piece. You can name the price if it is for sale because i have looked everywhere on this earth for one and cannot seem to find it. Please reply if you are intersted

would you be willing to sell the 2nd piece in from the right

Modnote: Solicitation outside of the Classifieds section is not permitted.
Sorry but I cannot sell that piece. Out of my entire collection, that is by far my favorite rig.I also drve a combined 5 hours to buy the bubbler after trying to get one for over a year.

nodrog

I have become very interested in what kind of function truly provides the smoothest, coolest, easiest-to-take dabs. I read about which are people's most favorites in this regard, and the brand Mobius kept coming up again and again. I am *incredibly* pleased with this Mobius Nuc Matrix, it produces amazingly easy hits when paired with low-temp dabs using an e-nail. I'm really, really impressed. Looking forward to trying it with flowers too.

nodrog

Next question: Although I'm ridiculously happy with this piece, I did note that the mouthpiece is not quite vertical, maybe 10-15 degrees off. Is this worth attempting to return and get a more-perfect one? Otherwise the piece seems flawless. And I kind of like that it's perfect but a little off center -- like me. :-) Anyway, would appreciate opinions on whether this is worth addressing or not.

nodrog,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Wow. I'm surprised. I seems their QC standards have changed. For the price of a real Mobius, you should be satisfied. If you bought it online, clean it take pictures and show the vendor your issue.

MinnBobber

Anyway, would appreciate opinions on whether this is worth addressing or not.
Can you shoot a picture that shows it better, like from directly above the piece?
Your pic sort of looks to me like camera is slightly to the right of being centered from the side?
I need some more angles/shoots to determine how "off" it is.
Thanks

MinnBobber,

nodrog

Tried taking a bunch more shots, but didn't get any that showed the tilt of the mouthpiece any better than the one above. It's like when the mouthpiece was attached, it got nudged slightly to one side. Perhaps if it's this difficult to show the issue, I should just accept it as within normal variability for hand-made pieces?

nodrog,

tepictoton

I would not be happy and in no way would except that. If they tell you that is the way it is, then I guess buying from China is ever more getting the better option. Fuck, you could order almost ten from China for that price, surely one will be near perfect...

Do hope they fix this for you...

herbivore21

I would not be happy and in no way would except that. If they tell you that is the way it is, then I guess buying from China is ever more getting the better option. Fuck, you could order almost ten from China for that price, surely one will be near perfect...

Do hope they fix this for you...
Got to agree, it is a relatively minor issue but for the price you pay for prodo glass from Mobius, I think it is valid to ask to have a replacement where the mouthpiece is straight on. My reasoning is that the knock-offs of these rigs are so ubiquitous that if a genuine rig is even slightly off as yours is, it becomes difficult to distiguish the genuine article from the counterfeits. If you spring for the genuine article, IMHO it needs to be of a clearly distinguishable quality.

I can definitely see the angle being off too as those reading may have guessed, the OP is definitely not seeing things!

Last edited:

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
I have a mobius ion and the mouthpiece is very slightly off centre. And one of the slits on the perc is cut a couple of mm higher thsn the rest and will fire through that one first if pulling super slow. It doesnt really bother me and there's fuck all i can do anyway!

VapourHaze,

Lynch

Hi everyone, just finding out about Mobius and wanting to make a good choice.

I'm looking for a Mobius to use with my flower vape, and would like something with a vertical stem so the center of gravity is low and balanced.

I have heard and seen the Ion Matrix recommended many times, and see it as the default standard.

That said, there are two things that is a bit difficult for me:

1) How do I find a Ion Matrix for sale? Do Mobius have very low production numbers? I see one last one sold on a specific site, but should I be worried about the quality being off (last stock being a defected/returns product) or something? I'm buying online, so am a little worried since shipping costs a lot.

2) Are there any other Mobius glass with a straight stem/mounting area that would be perfect for vapes?

Size wise, is it wise to go smaller or larger than the Ion Matrix?

I know Nuc is thinner, Clear is larger, Ion is in between. For a vape like Arizer Air, how would the size affect the clouds?

I'm very in love with what Mobius makes and hope I can find the right one for me.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Lynch,

nodrog

While I too am very new to Mobius and vaping in general, I just did a ton of research on the very subject. Ended up, as I posted, choosing a NUC instead of an Ion. While I have not personally tried an Ion, here's why I think the NUC is superior for your purpose: Smaller can size is preferable for vaporizing, and the end of the mouthpiece seems much preferable to the Ion's smaller tip. Read some complaints that it is slightly a pain to use the mouthpiece on the Ion, and I'm guessing the wider area on the NUC is in response to that. Otherwise, they seem like very comparable rigs.

My opinion based on a ton of reading over recent weeks, YMMV.

Lynch

Hmm, I haven't really thought of the mouthpiece as being an issue.

Does the NUC share the same mouthpiece as the Clear?

From the photos, it seems like the NUC and Ion have the same mouthpiece size so could you explain the differences?

I'm trying to find the best choice for my Arizer Air, and thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

Do you know if there's a good comparison pic of all 3?

Last edited:

gaseous_clay

I've been wondering about the difference between Ion & Nuc as well.

Been looking at the old Reti perc too... when did they stop making that? One day I may get one... If one ever shows up in the classifieds!

gaseous_clay,
Top Bottom