Mobius Glass

TommydCat

That little wiggle allows you to get the slide loose. If you've ever had a slide frozen in a joint and got stressed the hell out trying to get it out without shattering the piece, you might appreciate this ;)

TommydCat,

Tanz

That little wiggle allows you to get the slide loose. If you've ever had a slide frozen in a joint and got stressed the hell out trying to get it out without shattering the piece, you might appreciate this ;)

Are you saying it's normal, or nice to have:) I've never had one frozen in before but have seen it and I can imagine having that little wiggle room would be welcome for sure in that situation of course.

Tanz,

TommydCat

Are you saying it's normal, or nice to have:) I've never had one frozen in before but have seen it and I can imagine having that little wiggle room would be welcome for sure in that situation of course.
"Could be" a nice-to-have, but I'm not convinced it's on-purpose in this situation.. :ugh: My Mobius Clear was made 2012/2013? and does not feature this - since it's a recessed joint you can be damned sure I'm careful about what I put in there! :science:
Does it wiggle with the dome provided by mobius itself?

Or only with ´aftermarket´domes/adaptors?
Mobius hasn't said anything about such a change that I'm aware of, and I'm sure it would cause quite a stir before you noticed this, but then again, everyone else might be too-medicated to notice? I supposed that's possible... :shrug:

Gn0sis

I have the 60T (older version), the 60B, the 50T, the Matrix Clear Bub, and the Reti Clear Bub. I've also had the 50A and none of the pieces have/had this issue/feature.

Will report if the Watertrap has this in a few days....

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
That shouldn't happen. My $20 throwaway bong from the headshop does it and nothing nicer or more expensive does.

Quetzalcoatl,

Tanz

Sorry, can't get the quotes in replies, working on my phone..and just too hard to figure out at the moment :)

It is the matching bowl, for flower, not a dome.

And I highly doubt it is on purpose also. Maybe it's just a defect on a batch of them or just these for all I know.

My original concern was if this was enough of a problem to pass it up or if this kind of issue might not be that big of a deal with airflow and functionality...but now I can imagine that it might be or just the thought of it bothers me enough.

Ahhh, I would have liked to justify it but can't.

Tanz,

Gn0sis

So, I received a Mobius Watertrap yesterday and there is a small crack on one of the joints...

PsBRP5e.jpg

Anyone know a good glass repair place in the NYC area?

I'd rather have it repaired than return it because of how rare the piece is... Would really appreciate the help.

NimbusVapor

Welcome to the trap club! My water trap is the one mobius I would never sell , I covet it like most covet motherships. The watertrap is by far the smoothest piece I have ever hit in my life..

In regards to the loose joints - My mobius clear and ion from 2013 never had any wiggle but my penta disc and 60b buth had the wiggle you guys are talking about. The stock mobius slide fit ok but my cloud evo had a lot of wiggle room when inserted into the gong joint, so much so I was afraid I wasnt getting a proper seal.

Not to hate on mobius because they are my favorite pieces but the quality standards during 2013 were definitly a lot higher than most of the newer iterations or new style pieces from them I have seen.

I sold my original ion in 2014 and missed it so much tried to buy another one later on in the year through aqualabs , had to return 3 of them for unacceptable flaws and finally just told them to give me a refund.

I also have a few friends that collect mobius and they also sa that the older peices were just built with a lot more care. It was rumored at one time that circle made a lot of the original run that was released but then his wife got pregant and alot of his workers were doing the production.

So, I received a Mobius Watertrap yesterday and there is a small crack on one of the joints...

PsBRP5e.jpg

Anyone know a good glass repair place in the NYC area?

I'd rather have it repaired than return it because of how rare the piece is... Would really appreciate the help.
I personally wouldnt get it fixed until it actually broke..

If your looking for someone who will fix pieces , I currently have my mobius ion that has a broken mouthpiece with apix design. I havnt gotten it back yet but I saw the picture sof the work he did and it looks great. Hes also making me a custom dish for the trap.....

Last edited by a moderator:
NimbusVapor,
Reactions: Gn0sis

Pharoh

Does anyone have experience with the Nuc? I am wondering if the smaller Matrix perc will lead to an appreciable increase in flavor when compared to the Ion Reti or Matrix.

I'll be sure to post my own thoughts as I get back to the states.
I just purchased a Mobius NUC . I've been able to use it just once..It is super super smooothe. I will use it for herb only. I have a Mobius Neutron Matrix that is used for oils and wax..... These two pieces will be all I ever need......I highly recommend....

Gn0sis

I ended up shipping my Watertrap to glassrepair805 (seller covered costs) and they replaced the joint with a nicer, thicker one. Looks like a job well done to me.

jqo9pIA.jpg

Finally got to try this piece and gotta say, it is very smooth. Definitely a worthy addition to the collection.

Not a big fan of the natty perc, but the mini-matrix hits very nice in combination with that watertrap/splash guard chamber. The way the water twists in there makes it like a 2nd perc.

Vital

Can someone tell me what the differences are between the Ion and Nuc?

Thank you...

@NimbusVapor
I could be wrong but I don't think his name is circle. If you check his website he spells it CIRcIE. If you pay close attention the capital letters spell irie. :)

http://www.mobiusglass.com/about/

Last edited:
Vital,

Gn0sis

I prefer more water, so I like the Clear version, which is the even bigger, older hollow foot one...

It also depends what you wanna use it for. The Nuc will probably be best for dabs and retaining the most flavor out of them, but will be a tiny bit less smooth than the Ion. Can't go wrong with either. It mainly depends on for what and where you wanna use it. If you can spend a bit more, consider the new Polygon 6 perc.

Gn0sis,
Reactions: Shrike

Vital

I prefer more water, so I like the Clear version, which is the even bigger, older hollow foot one...

It also depends what you wanna use it for. The Nuc will probably be best for dabs and retaining the most flavor out of them, but will be a tiny bit less smooth than the Ion. Can't go wrong with either. It mainly depends on for what and where you wanna use it. If you can spend a bit more, consider the new Polygon 6 perc.

Thank you for explaining the differences. The polygon 6 is amazing. Can anyone that knows tell me what they would you consider a good price for a new Ion with a matrix perc??

Thank you...

Last edited:
Vital,

Gn0sis

Regular price is 330. On sale in stores you can probably catch it for around 290 or so.

Last edited:
Gn0sis,

Vital

Regular price is 330. On sale in stores you can probably catch it for around 290 or so.

Thanks GnOsis...I see that you own the clear matrix. I know you said you prefer it to the model with a base, but if you were going to use it primarly for vaping which one would you recommend. I love the new Mobius 60T Stereo Matrix 2015 Re-Design.

Vital,

Gn0sis

I'd recommend the Polygon 6 or the Ion. I'm eyeing a Polygon for myself if I ever get that itch for a new piece. You really can't go wrong with any Mobius you get though.

Actually, out of all my mobiuses, I'd say the 60T gets the least love. It's the only one I'd sell.

Gn0sis,

jpdnkstr

I'd recommend the Polygon 6 or the Ion. I'm eyeing a Polygon for myself if I ever get that itch for a new piece. You really can't go wrong with any Mobius you get though.

Actually, out of all my mobiuses, I'd say the 60T gets the least love. It's the only one I'd sell.
:uhoh:......... I love my 60t........ :hmm:...........Oh well, different strokes for different folks:tup:

jpdnkstr,

Gn0sis

:uhoh:......... I love my 60t........ :hmm:...........Oh well, different strokes for different folks:tup:

Not hating on the 60T by any means. It's definitely a great piece. I just like all my other mobiuses more :D. For my purposes, anything the 60t can do, the 60b and the 50t can do better.

Gn0sis,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Vital

If you could only keep one of them; which would it be and why?

Vital,
Top Bottom