• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MMJ helping with Concussions?

ILoveCollege

Yeah.. F* Combustion..
Took a rather hard slam yesterday while riding (snowboarding) with friends, and though it is not a medically diagnosed concussion, my buddies and other park rats are sure that I had one. I slammed and had all the "trail signs" that it was a concussion.

That being said, have any of you been concussed and medicated with mmj?

I live in a state that does not have MMJ but if the NFL backs it, it will be medical everywhere.

ILoveCollege,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Took a rather hard slam yesterday while riding (snowboarding) with friends, and though it is not a medically diagnosed concussion, my buddies and other park rats are sure that I had one. I slammed and had all the "trail signs" that it was a concussion.

That being said, have any of you been concussed and medicated with mmj?

I live in a state that does not have MMJ but if the NFL backs it, it will be medical everywhere.
Never used it for a concussion, but for dizziness.... works wonders for that!

With a concussion, I believe there is quite a range of how bad it can be, so believe the key is moderation!

DDave,
Reactions: smokum

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Severe head injuries automatically trigger the production of an excessive amount of neurotransmitters called glutamates. When there are too many of these chemicals in the brain, they can initiate a chain reaction of cell degradation and impairment. The cannabinoids, which we find in marijuana, work as effective antioxidants, potentially neutralizing the glutamate activity and stopping the cascade of neuronal damage that can follow.

In short - pot is good for a blow to the head.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Severe head injuries automatically trigger the production of an excessive amount of neurotransmitters called glutamates. When there are too many of these chemicals in the brain, they can initiate a chain reaction of cell degradation and impairment. The cannabinoids, which we find in marijuana, work as effective antioxidants, potentially neutralizing the glutamate activity and stopping the cascade of neuronal damage that can follow.

Awesome post @mvapes! Where did you these facts?

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
It was actually information from an NFL website about players who took one to many shot's to the noggin.

It's also a big debate now for college athletes with head injuries.

Plus, being in my position I'm in enough neurology practices on a weekly basis I consider myself somewhat of a pro...

:D

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker

Do you think ingesting canna-oils example might give better results than vaping for brain injury?

Snappo,

Broker404

I don't know the exact details, but I've read that cannabis is the only known substance that can actually reverse the effects of a concussion AFTER the event.

Broker404,
Top Bottom