mmj cards and privacy in california

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
i am so tempted to get a mmj card but i have some concerns about privacy. my job does random drug testing. so if i get a card is there a database that my employer could check? in 15 years ive been tested twice and have passed by using some drink that hides mj in your system for 4 hours. i have easy access to mj but i would like to get the top shelf strains offered at the clubs.

pinoy,

lwien

You can get access to the dispensaries without a State card. You just need authorization from a doc.

And yes, those State cards are entered into a database that could pose issues down the road. Don't confuse the State cards from those that are issued by the doctor. Two different things.

lwien,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
How would I be able tell the difference? I know of a place where you pay the doc $50 and make up a medical condition for a card. Does anyone in the bay area know of a place that offers the cards where folks aren't entered into the state system?

pinoy,

lwien

pinoy said:
How would I be able tell the difference? I know of a place where you pay the doc $50 and make up a medical condition for a card. Does anyone in the bay area know of a place that offers the cards where folks aren't entered into the state system?

You are not entered into the state system unless you go through a fairly lengthy application along with a payment above and beyond what the doc charges. The State card cannot be issued by the doc or the dispensary.

As an example, the ONLY places to get a state card in San Francisco can be found here:
http://www.sanfranciscocannabisclubs.com/medical-marijuana/medical-marijuana-id-card.htm

lwien,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I recently got my MMJ card through Medicann, I didn't really think about job stuff though. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm :(

Elluzion,

lwien

Medicann is not a state card so I would not be concerned about your "job stuff".

lwien,

Nosferatu

State MMJ card and a doctors recommendation are two different things, like lwien said. A doctor recommendation lasts 1 year and I believe is completely private unless you show it to police or a dispensary. A state MMJ card is something you can get in addition to your rec for I believe $250 or something ridiculous. Getting that is what puts you on a state list I believe, but also makes you basically immune to getting in trouble, its like the most legit thing you can get. but we all do fine with just a doctors rec I guess...its all so confusing. :o

Nosferatu,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
lwien said:
Medicann is not a state card so I would not be concerned about your "job stuff".

Oh okay, I wasn't sure. Phew

Nosferatu said:
State MMJ card and a doctors recommendation are two different things, like lwien said. A doctor recommendation lasts 1 year and I believe is completely private unless you show it to police or a dispensary. A state MMJ card is something you can get in addition to your rec for I believe $250 or something ridiculous. Getting that is what puts you on a state list I believe, but also makes you basically immune to getting in trouble, its like the most legit thing you can get. but we all do fine with just a doctors rec I guess...its all so confusing. :o

I didn't even know that this existed. I feel that with a MMJ recommendation, you can get out of most things in California, other states, Etc. Is the other "card" permanent or something?

I am glad my current MMJ rec wont affect my ability to get jobs in the future. Makes me feel a litltle better.

Elluzion,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Please legalize it everywhere soon! There I said it! Where I live there is NO CARD...talk about putting your livelihood at risk! :rolleyes: I hope the government comes to their sensi's soon! ;)

Bluntcrush,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Bluntcrush said:
Please legalize it everywhere soon! There I said it! Where I live there is NO CARD...talk about putting your livelihood at risk! :rolleyes: I hope the government comes to their sensi's soon! ;)

That is the issue, it is illegal because of the Pharmaceutical companies and peoples lack of understanding. Think about it, if it was legal and people used it as medicine, a fucking plant? All those other synthetic drugs would shrivel up and die off. That means a loss in $. I hope SOMEDAY. for now, I can use my MMJ Card though :)

Elluzion,
Top Bottom