MJ and stomach problems

Bastage

Hello FC - I vape and occasionally smoke, usually only in the evenings so I'm definitely not one of those who tokes it up all day and night. When I vape I use about 1 to 1.5 small bowls (Vapir N02). When I smoke it's just a pinch at a time, maybe 2 good hits. 3 to 4 times a week. I vape about 90% of the time. I also have IBS which makes my stomach sensitive to certain foods and drinks. If I drink a lot of alcohol or a lot of fatty foods I have a hard time digesting and sometimes get pain in my sides etc. I've been vaping for a few months with no ill effects. Within the past 2 weeks I've noticed stomach cramping and bloating feeling and so far seems to be worsened by vaping. I'm going to lay off for at least a few weeks and see how I feel... if it completely goes away I know the vaping is what is doing this. I would think if anything in the herb was causing this that vaping would be the answer vs smoking, but apparently either method of intake has the same result.

Does anyone else here get stomach pain or cramping that you have linked to vaping/smoking?
If it really is the herb triggering this, that will suck big time. I thought herb was my go-to after dealing with problems from the IBS and alcohol. fuck.

Bastage,

Nycdeisel

You have to take into account other things(indirect things) when you vape that could be irritating you. I also have "IBS" and sometimes it helps and sometimes it only exacerbates the problem, but it usually has more to do with other things like what I just ate, how much I ate, etc

I do realize, like with just about any drug, the right dose may serve benefit, but more then that could have the opposite effect. So you should try simply using less at a time when vaping, slow down and take it easy.

I also feel discomfort when simply doing anything similar to smoking, because if you are vaping or smoking, it can be easy to swallow air(which can cause severe pain in some people under certain conditions) and I also notice soemtimes simply breathing so deeply and holding it in can cause pain in my abdomen.

There is a lot of controversy involving this condition, most likely because its not too specific in what causes it.

hope this helped at least somewhat. I am interested in seeing others' replies too!

Nycdeisel,

Bastage

Thanks for the words Deisel. Much appreciated. I also am thinking I may have gotten hold of a bad batch. Everything appears fine but there could be some form of insecticide or mold that I can't see causing this. Once I have 0 intake for about a week and the symptoms go away (i hope) - I'll try to figure out if it's herb in general, or just what I have been using.

Bastage,

Uk South

Totally agree with Nycdeisel..
I used to suffer from stress induced IBS and i also found smoking of any kind just made it worse, my symptoms varied from swollen stomach to very bad dihoheria..spelling lolzz...it was not rare for me to need to go toilet 10 times of a morning ...no joke.

I used to smoke joints back then and it did not help at all!
I also think IBS has become the same as a bad back...hard to prove otherwise and good for a few days off work..or a medical cannabis card mabe??,..we dont have these in the uk.lolzz.

I managed to bring mine under control with a total change in diet and some meds for a while, i am plz to report that i dont get it often now and dont take the meds but if i abuse myself or get very angry or stress at work the stomach is the 1st place that suffers.

I have a vape now and i dont think it aggrevates the tummy in the same way smoking did but my diet and life style have also totally changed??

Hope this helps..

Rico

Uk South,

weedemon

enthusiast
do you find you eer "swallow" the smoke/vapor? i have a nasty habit of this and it usually leads to puking. I think it has to do with my "leaky valve" that also gives me heartburn when i sleep on angles.

swallowing vapor / smoke is no fun at all though. this makes my stomach feel like shit.

also as nyc said, getting the does correctly helps too. find that goldie locks zone.

weedemon,

Uk South

Funny you should say that weedemon...since i have had my vape i have had a little more trapped wind/indigestion like symptoms..no puking tho mate?

Uk South,

weedemon

enthusiast
i think it's due to the suction generally created when we hit our vapes. (my ssv is the main culprit for me) the suction opens up my valve and then my stomach takes in air too. I think when i finish my inhale i tend to follow it with a gulping motion. habit i guess. but I think it's how it happens to me.

weedemon,
Reactions: 421

sundaddy

Could be cannabinoid hyperemesis. I know a guy with this and he has to limit his intake. It causes some people's digestive system to basically relax to a point of not working and leads to crampy feelings.

sundaddy,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Do you eat munchies after you get stoned ? Also check the PH of the water you drink .. and if there is any chlorine.. Also if you are eating no veggies your stomach is not accustomed to take larger doses of essential oils (when you are 300 g salad you get bout 15-30ml essential oils ) .. Another thing is that you need to cool the vapor down.. with some ice in a waterpipe heat also can cause stomack problems.. vaporizing is actually like drinkin hot tea/water (when i vape in the morning i instantly become the need to go to the toilet , just like after you drink warm water on empty stomack).. U can also got bad weed .. no flush and overnutritioned.. than can make you sick like a cancer boy.. If you have too much of that batch i suggst to try water cure it.. Also water cure weed has less essential oils and that might be less irritating for your stomach if they are the reason. Water filtering reduces the essential oils too. For best filtering used crushed ice.. works better than a perc bong :)
Hope that helps..
Another tip i can give you is to do every morning 1 glass warm water on empty stomach and you will see the wonder of that simple solution you will loose execive weight (water solves the toxins and the undigestable fats from crap food) ,in china they use green tea for the same reason.. because it nutriotions the body very well and you dont need to breakfast (at least you wont starve) . Many people say breakfast is vital.. but they dont mansion the problems a wrong breakfast could bring.. I stick to water + grapefruit and juicies..

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: 421

Nycdeisel

Good info Abysmal!! I will take everything said here into consideration since this is a tricky condition.

I agree Weedemon, cause I get a lot of reflux, my valve isnt in perfect condition either, and I noticed once I get to the peak of hit(suction wise) I feel it opening and a light slight gurgle down in my esophagus, I know this is letting air and maybe vapor into my stomach! but there isnt a whole lot to do about a messed up valve. and its hard to hit vapes without certain breathing techniques!

Sometimes I take hits that are very neutral to my stomach, other times it can cause a lot of pain.

I think there may still be more to it, anyone have any more input?! Anybody else with stomach problems(please specify)? please and thanks

Nycdeisel,

Abysmal Vapor

Nycdeisel said:
Good info Abysmal!! I will take everything said here into consideration since this is a tricky condition.

I agree Weedemon, cause I get a lot of reflux, my valve isnt in perfect condition either, and I noticed once I get to the peak of hit(suction wise) I feel it opening and a light slight gurgle down in my esophagus, I know this is letting air and maybe vapor into my stomach! but there isnt a whole lot to do about a messed up valve. and its hard to hit vapes without certain breathing techniques!

Sometimes I take hits that are very neutral to my stomach, other times it can cause a lot of pain.

I think there may still be more to it, anyone have any more input?! Anybody else with stomach problems(please specify)? please and thanks
When i quit combustion i had some inhalation track issues.. Sore throat , Fluid feeling in the lungs.. etc..
I solve all my issues by avoiding hot drinks , diary products (check bout tonsil stones if you wanna puke).. via Himalaya salt saline gargle and later i bought an salt inhaler that was said to be beneficial for formal smokers..
If you have problem with vapor try mixing it with some mint or damiana it will ease breathing significantly also offers quite differ flavonoid experience :).
Also i wash my teeth at least with water after every vape session because it acidifies my mouth like hell and prolly all the liquids i am swallowing :),,
Some people are very sensitive to ridiculous things at first sight , but if you harm your self a bit every day it can end in a bigger problem. You must find the reason for your problems , don't bother theat the symphtoms .

Abysmal Vapor,

djonkoman

Another tip i can give you is to do every morning 1 glass warm water on empty stomach and you will see the wonder of that simple solution you will loose execive weight (water solves the toxins and the undigestable fats from crap food) ,in china they use green tea for the same reason.. because it nutriotions the body very well and you dont need to breakfast (at least you wont starve) . Many people say breakfast is vital.. but they dont mansion the problems a wrong breakfast could bring.. I stick to water + grapefruit and juicies..
I'm always surprised how some people go willingly without breakfast... for me breakfast is vtal, not just for nutrition but eating also gets me awake(on days after a short night I can function perfectly but I have to eat a lot more and more frequent to stay clear). and if I don't eat breakfast I get a bad stomachache, wich I already often have when waking up(wich I then quickly subdue with some water, but after a few seconds it's back)
I do drink a glass of water before my breakfast almost everyday tough, because with that morning-cottonmouth eating bread isn't really enjoyable

djonkoman,

Abysmal Vapor

djonkoman said:
I'm always surprised how some people go willingly without breakfast... for me breakfast is vtal, not just for nutrition but eating also gets me awake(on days after a short night I can function perfectly but I have to eat a lot more and more frequent to stay clear). and if I don't eat breakfast I get a bad stomachache, wich I already often have when waking up(wich I then quickly subdue with some water, but after a few seconds it's back)
I do drink a glass of water before my breakfast almost everyday tough, because with that morning-cottonmouth eating bread isn't really enjoyable
You may be right bout breakfast.. My girlfriends gets depressed if she does not breakfast , but that is because she does a 3 hour morning workout.. i guess. I suffer heavy insomnia diagnosed when i was six .. but that has some benefits like beg more active, having more time and being able to keep straighth ealth schedule almost 24/7... also i dont eat after 20:00 and i "get up" at 5:30 :) .
And thats a warm water therapy ... its just until you cleanse if dont wanna do that go to stick warm water tube in your ass its very modern hear in EUROPE rofl :D but cost some extra :2c: and something get sticked in your ass :D

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom