1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

MJ and Bipolar Disorder

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by Deja Vu, Aug 17, 2014.

1. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

we all have a different road to walk, glad you found yours. :tup:

2. canj00digit?

canj00digit? All my days in a daze...

At the moment it's on sale for $55us for 3g.

Propranolol is indeed fantastic in controlling the physical manifestations of anxiety. As such, it's a banned, 'performancing enhancing' drug in sports like Olympic shooting where calmness is an asset.

grokit likes this.
  3. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

Holy fuck, I need to get my hands on that, what's the website? :D

grokit and canj00digit? like this.
  4. canj00digit?

canj00digit? All my days in a daze...

It's kind of odd, but Omega Labs has a number of sites.

http://www.canibdol.com/ is the public site and you can buy the oral drops and the e-liquid there.

Then they have two private sites that have a few different products on them.
    The page I filled out to request membership is here, it was a few days before I got a reply email.
    http://cbd4life.com/
    http://www.cbdoil4u.com/

grokit likes this.
  5. akwardsauce

akwardsauce gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch

look up DSM-V (or DSM 5 = diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders edition #5 is the most current version).

this thread is very interesting to read and i hope all make informed and healthy decisions...

biohacker, grokit and RUDE BOY like this.
  6. mook2420

mook2420 New Member

Just stopped by to also say Girl Scout Cookies is my go to for my Bipolar II diagnosis. Good and even, ready for whatever comes my way.

ShovelHead, grokit and TeeJay1952 like this.
  7. witka

witka Member

i have bipolar &ptsd my new pdoc is ok with mmj because i dont smoke/vape... also i research how to control the psychoactive effects of thc..and keep it low. and different ways of using mmj result in less psychoactivity

grokit likes this.
  8. toecutter

toecutter Member

I was diagnosed with BP type II, almost 10 years ago. I have been on Lamictal since and it has worked wonders. I LOATH the idea of being on meds, but it has truly helped level out the mania/depression. Between it, and some serious work (therapy, cognitive behavior techniques, positive self talk, staying interested, my art, my family etc), I have gotten to the place where I have a successful career and family. However, it has never completely eradicated what ails me. My stress levels, ADD (which I was diagnosed as a child) and disposition in general can make times tough here and there (the winter months especially).

In comes cannabis. I had dabbled prior in black market weed, but have since gotten my medical card. Where I may have self medicated with alcohol in the past (to sometimes ill effect), I find the judicious use of cannabis to be an absolute blessing. I don't do it every day, and rarely throughout the day. I find for me personally that the occasional session acts as a very effective stress reliever. I listen to music, draw, etc. which is tonic for my soul. All the while my mind wanders and I'm able to think about things with a much broader and often more positive perspective. It has a lasting effect. I know from past experience that using every day, throughout the day eventually (for me) created something of a dependence and really threw off my already tenuous brain chemistry. I know there are people who function perfectly as daily users, however it wasn't for me. Frankly I got very little done, outside of work.

So yeah, as much as I don't want to be on pharmaceuticals, they help me keep it between the ditches, and it's cannabis that really helps me smell the roses along the way.

*edit - spelling

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  9. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Any links on that? I am unaware of any studies specifically showing untreated PTSD in adults with no preexisting dissociative issues becoming DID. And yes; plenty of qualifiers in that last sentence. :lol:

I am somewhat knowledgable on PTSD, plurality/multiplicity, treatment of psychological trauma, and Abby Normal psych in general. I worked at a T back in the day and self identify as a large, multisystem, plural person.

Complex PTSD is often associated with DID/MPD, but then it is a smorgasbord of symptoms and disorders. I think they need to rework diagnosis and classification of PTSD. And I am NOT a fan of the DSM-Vs views on dissociative stuff.

little maggie likes this.
  10. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

I do have some links on both the older approach (DSM IV) as well as the DSM V's approach to dissociative presentations in PTSD but only if you have paid academic journal subscriptions unfortunately. Let me know if you do have them and I'll dig around for the stuff I read on this last I was looking at it (which tbh was probably back in the DSM IV days) :)

No problem with the qualifiers either man, I'm an academic :lol:

11. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

If there is some data which indicated that untreated PTSD can lead to DID it may be based on characteristics of DID rather than an escalation. Unless extreme, often those with DID are not necessarily aware that they have other "identities". Others around them may be unaware as well. They often come to treatment because of PTSD. During treatment they become more aware of dissociation and it may become more overt. But it's been there since childhood.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  12. witka

witka Member

13. witka

witka Member

after trying psych meds for 5 years, i finally found a psych who is willing to let me drop some meds, and try cannabis, as long as i monitor the THC level as if it's too high it can cause problems

herbivore21 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors