Discontinued miVape by Vaporfection

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist
So you like (or don't mind) the capsules? How's maintenance on this vape?

I would say I don't mind the capsules What would be awesome for a next gen capsule would be one that had a tight enough mesh screen that you could just throw "caviar" right in without the oil cloth, just let the concentrate melt onto the flower.

You definitely have to work for the flavor difference but it's really no more work than most ways of smoke and most vapes I've used if I really think about it. Also #protip you can turn the vape on and let it start heating up while you're futzing around with the capsules

Just Justin

So you like (or don't mind) the capsules? How's maintenance on this vape?

IMO Vaporfection dropped the ball on the mouthpiece assembly by not making it so you can break it down to clean. Sure, I'm a fan of the miVape even though its far from perfect but I don't know why they designed the mouthpiece with so many nooks and crannies that you can't get clean. Sure it tastes good at first but what happens down the road when its time to clean? You can't really soak the mouthpiece in iso without the paint coming off and the plastic discoloring, which was the only hope to get that thing clean, by soaking the hell out of it and trying to maneuver a pipe cleaner around. I pulled one of my mouthpieces apart to see if its possible to get it really clean and I suppose it is mostly but it will be a royal pain and there is no way of knowing if you got it all. This mouthpiece assembly is directly above the herb chamber so that's where everything is going to collect and build so it would have been smart to make it like the CRafty cooling mouthpiece where you can get inside to clean it. I like the design and the features of the mouthpiece with the rotating draw stem but make it so the sides pop off at least so you have a chance of cleaning it. I'm just annoyed that you can't take the thing apart and I'm not going to spend $20 each time for a new one when its dirty. I am working to fix this issue myself because I like to have things clean so you can get the best, purest flavor which is the primary reason why I like the Mivape. Am I the only one who is concerned with this issue? When I think about this mouthpiece I think of it as a toy that isn't supposed to be used because clearly its not supposed to be cleaned or ever need cleaning.

I want mi miVape to continue to taste clean and pure always, not just the day I bought the thing

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Greetings Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that we've been reading/listening to all your feedback and concerns and are working to address them. If you're a miVape owner, please feel free to fill out our survey at http://vaporfection.com/mivape-survey/ and give us your feedback to help us grow and improve.

Cheers!

This right here is why I intend to stick with Vaporfection as they work out the miVape's growing pains. So many companies abandon their early adopters/customers or refuse to acknowledge ways their product can be improved, counting on advertising to draw in new customers to make purchases. I believe that these folks are truly committed to making their device the best it can be by engaging their end-users and taking their input seriously. To me, that means that even if it requires some patience on our part, it will be all the sweeter when the miVape (or as we call it around here, "The Magic Juice Box" or "MJB") reaches its full potential.

I'm going to go work on my survey responses now. Do folks think there is any value to our posting our answers here as well?

PeteSeattle

To me, that means that even if it requires some patience on our part, it will be all the sweeter when the miVape (or as we call it around here, "The Magic Juice Box" or "MJB") reaches its full potential.
Same sentiments. Thank you @Vaporfection for giving us this journey to help make a great vaporizer.

And @moondog my friends also call it the magic juice box!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Mivape is here!

First impressions was bad, lot of plastic, light in hands....seems very cheap...and it's bigger than I was expecting.

First charge last 6 hours from 70% to full charge.

Tried 2 bowls of Killer Kush medium grounded, fully loaded. first at 365, taste quickly disappear, clouds and black bottom (10mn sessions), second at 325, a lot better about taste, no black bottom but there was still goodies in abv. There was some plastic/chemicals taste especially for the first session since I didn't do any burn-off...

After I loaded 2 clothes with a bit of wax and got one of the better concentrate session I ever had, IMPRESSED how it taste nice with thick clouds using 385, more testing is neede but I prefer it to the Haze for concentrates cause the metallic taste with the Haze.

And I tried a ungrounded nug of lavender stuck 1-2mm before the bottom at 335 and got my better flower session about taste especially. No grind is the way to go!

Did you notice you can get 2-3 decent hits after the unit shut off with remaining heat?

It's a very decent vape but, IMHO, I get a vape called ivaped box which is close to give you the same experience (flower speaking) for a fraction of the Mivape price. Although I'm a lot more confident about Vaporfection standards and components but building quality must to be better (even if it means more weight).

Is it possible to charge the battery outside the Mivape using a charger?

I'll post some pics for size comparison...it will be not my restaurant/concert/street vaporizer but maybe in my car or near of my bed...

slcbdco

Mivape is here!

First impressions was bad, lot of plastic, light in hands....seems very cheap...and it's bigger than I was expecting.

First charge last 6 hours from 70% to full charge.

Tried 2 bowls of Killer Kush medium grounded, fully loaded. first at 365, taste quickly disappear, clouds and black bottom (10mn sessions), second at 325, a lot better about taste, no black bottom but there was still goodies in abv. There was some plastic/chemicals taste especially for the first session since I didn't do any burn-off...

After I loaded 2 clothes with a bit of wax and got one of the better concentrate session I ever had, IMPRESSED how it taste nice with thick clouds using 385, more testing is neede but I prefer it to the Haze for concentrates cause the metallic taste with the Haze.

And I tried a ungrounded nug of lavender stuck 1-2mm before the bottom at 335 and got my better flower session about taste especially. No grind is the way to go!

Did you notice you can get 2-3 decent hits after the unit shut off with remaining heat?

It's a very decent vape but, IMHO, I get a vape called ivaped box which is close to give you the same experience (flower speaking) for a fraction of the Mivape price. Although I'm a lot more confident about Vaporfection standards and components but building quality must to be better (even if it means more weight).

Is it possible to charge the battery outside the Mivape using a charger?

I'll post some pics for size comparison...it will be not my restaurant/concert/street vaporizer but maybe in my car or near of my bed...

I'll try that non-ground technique because I have also found I get better results with breaking the flower up with my fingers. I totally agree that concentrate is where its at with this vape, I hope a next gen cup is such that you don't need a cloth.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I was typing about the bad taste (a whole paragraph!) for flowers but deleted it cause my last bowl (lavender, my actual favourite) was so délicious and cloudy!

I think the miVape needs a very good weed to produce clouds and taste in the same time, a coarse grind seems to work better and a perfect level of moisture (not too much but enough!). About this it is comparable to the Elevape BUT , imho, the ESV taste better (especially on the first hits where taste is a lot more intense!)

And I'm convinced there is a lot of conduction in the heat, my bowls doesn't last a long and is pretty brown even at low temp....Vaporfection must to improve it a lot and offers an upgrade program for all the early adopters (backers at least...after a so long wait....not my case!)

moondog

I know I promised an update a while ago. My original unit died and I had to get a replacement. Dan and Vaporfection came through as usual. He pulled out a unit and tested it before sending it to me. I'm finding that 335F seems to be the sweet spot for flowers. After reading other comments I've started experimenting with breaking up leaves rather than grinding. Need to experiment more with that. After reading about the great results people are having with concentrates I'm really bummed that I don't have access to any.

My main reason for this post is to ask if anyone has tried removing/replacing the mouthpiece screen. On my last couple of sessions it seems like the draw is very difficult. I cleaned the screen once with iso but I wonder if something is clogging the inside of the mouthpiece. I've only used the new unit maybe half a dozen times so that much of a clog doesn't seem likely, but the draw is VERY difficult. I suppose the problem could be somewhere else in the airpath, but it seems like the mouthpiece might be a good place to start.

Anyway, any tips/tricks/warnings about screen removal & replacement would be most welcome.

Update: So, I went ahead and tried removing the screen using the included pick tool. It pops right out and back in with absolutely no problem. Once everything dries out from cleaning I'll start experimenting to figure out what's up with the decreased draw.

Last edited:
moondog,

Just Justin

I know I promised an update a while ago. My original unit died and I had to get a replacement. Dan and Vaporfection came through as usual. He pulled out a unit and tested it before sending it to me. I'm finding that 335F seems to be the sweet spot for flowers. After reading other comments I've started experimenting with breaking up leaves rather than grinding. Need to experiment more with that. After reading about the great results people are having with concentrates I'm really bummed that I don't have access to any.

My main reason for this post is to ask if anyone has tried removing/replacing the mouthpiece screen. On my last couple of sessions it seems like the draw is very difficult. I cleaned the screen once with iso but I wonder if something is clogging the inside of the mouthpiece. I've only used the new unit maybe half a dozen times so that much of a clog doesn't seem likely, but the draw is VERY difficult. I suppose the problem could be somewhere else in the airpath, but it seems like the mouthpiece might be a good place to start.

Anyway, any tips/tricks/warnings about screen removal & replacement would be most welcome.

Update: So, I went ahead and tried removing the screen using the included pick tool. It pops right out and back in with absolutely no problem. Once everything dries out from cleaning I'll start experimenting to figure out what's up with the decreased draw.

I have taken apart one of my miVape mouthpieces and there is a small piece of silicone in there that holds the end of the glass draw stem tight so it doesn't wiggle which may have moved and could be restricting your draw. Other than that there isn't much in the mouthpiece but I have found that the cups are pretty high resistance, is it restricted with the cups in place as well as without a cup?

Just Justin,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My mouthpiece start to dismantle after some days of use, the plastic part where you slide the cup is moving....

So I was thinking to another diy mp....I realized the quartz cup fit the minivape silicone cone!

My alternative mp is a flexicone, the seal is perfect and you can even put it in the Mivape as the otiginal mp!

I'll post pic later!

ps: the quartz cup can be used in the MV also!

Just Justin

So I have been playing around with different ideas with the miVape cups and I've found something that is really simple and effective for thick, tasty vapor without as much uneven heating. I just took a screen, fine mesh from my Volcano and molded it around a tool to get a tight cup shape that fits inside the quartz cup and leaves 5-7mm of space between the bottom of the screen cup and the bottom of the quartz cup. I then filled the screen cup up, full but loose and set miVape to 360f and I was really impressed. I was shocked how much vapor I was getting, granted it was only a pea size amount of herb but damn, was it delicious. If your into conserving herb or small amounts it doesn't get much smaller. The miVape has some hot air for sure but it's just too hot sometimes at the bottom of the cup plus the added conduction, its too hot so it can cause uneven heating so with the screen your getting more of the convection. I will test it without taking any draws to see how much conduction but for now, Check out the photo, its worth trying out......
dsc0532.jpg
dsc0533.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I was really close to sent it back after some days of use cause building quality, and difficulty to get vapor while bottom of the capsule was charred....

But I think I made something wrong and tested different sort of grinds, drawing methods and heat settings...now I think this vape is a beast and even if there is a very small amount of conduction it's mainly convection.

It works as my Minivap, the first draws must to be very long and slow and didn't produce a lot of vapor but after 3-4 draws (it depends moisture content) visible vapor increases, as a convection unit it need very long draws to produce thicker vapor.

I follow Dan's advice and set it at 335 and go down to 325 after a couple of draws.

I'm very, very pleased with this unit even if I would like to see a better building quality version.

I will try your mod Justin!

slcbdco

With respect to grind, I actually find I'm getting the best results with no grinding at all. I just pinch off a little bit from a flower and put it in the cup and I get better vapor production than if I grind it. Also much like the GH (perhaps all convection vapes?) Less is more

ginolicious

I never knew this vape existed. I kinda really like it as a portable. Small bowls are amazing. Might be a pain to take out with me in that I have to change the bowl several times. I'm looking for a portable vape. Was looking at the Prima and that is a no know. I'm now in a toss up between a crafty and an esv.

In some reviews I watched about this vape I heard there was some plastic pieces in it. Is this true? And is this plastic piece anywhere near the vapor pathway so that you inhale plastic particles in the vapor?

ginolicious,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
There is a plastic body and in the vaporpath (mouthpiece) also.

Anyway it taste very, very good, maybe a bit of "new" taste for the first bowl but after that the only thing you taste is your flowers!

IMHO this is the tastier portable vape I own after the MiniVap and the ESV (although I think the Alfa is very close to the miVape, even if it is only conduction based!).

there is definitly a learning curve about clouds production(very long draw àla T1) but after some times you can get decent clouds, For me it's a dry vaporizer only, I never paired it with a water tool...something to try!

Glass capsules need a small screen in the bottom to avoid charring (as mentionned before) and are nice if you want to preserve your stash.

It is very nice about concentrates but I decided I didn't like the wax clothes, it charred and make dust after only 2 sessions...after some tries I placed clothes only on the top of the capsule to avoid that...although with time it degrade in dust (they told us in the user guide to use them 3 times max, I think 2 times is better). A concentrate glass capsule could be a good solution, isn't it?

Actually I'm thinking to fill a capsule with mesh...or coton...

Battery life is awesome (10X6mn, enough for me), charging take some time (overnight is better).

The bigger cons (there is others...) is the mouthpiece, cause plastic, cause cleaning, cause building quality (it seems to me there is some glue here), mine is already beginning to dismantle.... I hope Vaporfection is working on something else!

A lot more postive points imo.....It will become a Daily Driver soon I think!

slcbdco

I think the mivape is an awesome session vape! I'm hanging here with some grape stomper, two cups deep and the flavor from this vape and the efficiency are awesome! I set it to 10 minutes, finger grind a pinch or two of bud (this is a less is more vape) and throw it in the cup and treat myself!

slcbdco

My favorite more of use is to mix a pinch of flower with some wax or hash in the cup, I've found that you barely have to be careful just put the bud in first and the concentrate on top. Set the timer to 10 minutes and full flavor vapor!

I stocked up on paired flower and concentrate of the same strain, just had a cup of agent orange + agent orange hash ... WOW!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Vaporfection is making a full glass mp for the miVape!
Great new since this is the bigger issue of this vape.

It is still one of my favourite portable at the moment, can't understand why it is so underrated here....?

My mp is so full of reclaim I can't move the stem anymore while cold...I asked to dan about to fill it with iso or ethanol....he replied to me it was a bad idea for the plastic part.

So I'm waiting for the new all glass mp to order a replacement mp.

Just Justin

Vaporfection is making a full glass mp for the miVape!
Great new since this is the bigger issue of this vape.

It is still one of my favourite portable at the moment, can't understand why it is so underrated here....?

My mp is so full of reclaim I can't move the stem anymore while cold...I asked to dan about to fill it with iso or ethanol....he replied to me it was a bad idea for the plastic part.

So I'm waiting for the new all glass mp to order a replacement mp.

Damn, that's awesome! I hope we will see it soon! Unfortunately for me, I ordered 2 extra mouthpieces so if there are glass ones coming out I definitely won't be using the old ones.....Maybe they would do an upgrade for unused mp?

Just Justin,
Reactions: DDave

moondog

Maybe they would do an upgrade for unused mp?

There is a precedent. The Vapor Blunters had an exchange program going for awhile; send them one of your plastic Pinnacle Pro MPs and they'd send you a new glass-lined one.

However it works out, I'll be psyched to go all-glass on my miVape. Can't wait to see what "the guys in engineering" come up with.

Just Justin

I hope the draw stem swivels and everything like the current one, just glass. Now Vaporfection can say it's really an all glass vapor path.....

Just Justin,
Reactions: DDave

moondog

I hope the draw stem swivels and everything like the current one, just glass. Now Vaporfection can say it's really an all glass vapor path.....
I'm not sure how an all glass unit could have just the stem swivel. I suggested a glass piece with a set 90 degree angle. You would rotate the entire mp so that the stem would either be sticking into the unit for travel or directly out of the unit (perpendicular to the long edge with the controls) for use.

But what do I know? I'm sure their solution will be much more elegant.

Top Bottom