• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued miVape by Vaporfection

Just Justin

@Archaicrevival were you doing anything different when the mouthpiece melted? Was this during your tests or was this just from a regular session? Im assuming the part that melted was where the cup slides into the mouthpiece?

I think your going to run into the same issues with your new, new, replacement with the black bits unless you change the way you use the miVape. I don't think the next unit will be any different unless you got a faulty one but I think the miVapes just run extra hot on the bottom of the cup so if your able to keep the herb off the bottom with like a screen buffer that raises your herb off the bottom or pack it really loose so it gets sucked up off the bottom during inhalations, then I think you can get good results but it just doesn't seem to have enough convection to really efficiently vape a lot of material at once but maybe it would if you were able to turn the miVape up more without charring the bottom of the herb.

I think they could potentially fix this issue with a redesigned cup that had a different bottom or was slightly shorter instead of having to redesign the whole chamber/heat system. I will be experimenting with mine when I get it with some different ideas like a Atmos glass screen in the bottom, or a screen that lifts the herb up etc.....Possibly an open ended cup with just a screen in the bottom, no glass expect for the sides and top rim might work better so it wouldn't be able to heat up so much like the glass bottom from conduction, so it would have to rely more on the convection heat....I don't know, I want this vape to work but there is only so much we can do.

Archaicrevival

@Archaicrevival were you doing anything different when the mouthpiece melted? Was this during your tests or was this just from a regular session? Im assuming the part that melted was where the cup slides into the mouthpiece?

I think your going to run into the same issues with your new, new, replacement with the black bits unless you change the way you use the miVape. I don't think the next unit will be any different unless you got a faulty one but I think the miVapes just run extra hot on the bottom of the cup so if your able to keep the herb off the bottom with like a screen buffer that raises your herb off the bottom or pack it really loose so it gets sucked up off the bottom during inhalations, then I think you can get good results but it just doesn't seem to have enough convection to really efficiently vape a lot of material at once but maybe it would if you were able to turn the miVape up more without charring the bottom of the herb.

I think they could potentially fix this issue with a redesigned cup that had a different bottom or was slightly shorter instead of having to redesign the whole chamber/heat system. I will be experimenting with mine when I get it with some different ideas like a Atmos glass screen in the bottom, or a screen that lifts the herb up etc.....Possibly an open ended cup with just a screen in the bottom, no glass expect for the sides and top rim might work better so it wouldn't be able to heat up so much like the glass bottom from conduction, so it would have to rely more on the convection heat....I don't know, I want this vape to work but there is only so much we can do.

It likely melted during the way I was testing it, Which involved blowing air through the intake vents, but considering that cooled the air down it still would have likely melted during normal use because it Simply just gets too hot.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I think the miVapes just run extra hot on the bottom of the cup so if your able to keep the herb off the bottom with like a screen buffer that raises your herb off the bottom or pack it really loose so it gets sucked up off the bottom during inhalations, then I think you can get good results but it just doesn't seem to have enough convection to really efficiently vape a lot of material at once but maybe it would if you were able to turn the miVape up more without charring the bottom of the herb.

I think they could potentially fix this issue with a redesigned cup that had a different bottom or was slightly shorter instead of having to redesign the whole chamber/heat system. I will be experimenting with mine when I get it with some different ideas like a Atmos glass screen in the bottom, or a screen that lifts the herb up etc...

This is an interesting idea. Do you think a ceramic screen would safely serve the same purpose? I think I have an extra one from my Vapor Bros tabletop unit around here somewhere.

Just Justin

This is an interesting idea. Do you think a ceramic screen would safely serve the same purpose? I think I have an extra one from my Vapor Bros tabletop unit around here somewhere.

Yeah, that might work even better depending on its shape and size. Do you have a pic or dimensions? I have a couple ceramic filters/screens now that I think about it so I may try those out as well. It would be ideal I think, if the screen fit so it rested above the bottom like a few mm off the very bottom so there would be a bit of a gap between the bottom of the cup and the screen so hopefully by lifting the herb just off the bottom, that could help from that excessive heat and scorching the herb/conduction?, then you might be able to get away with higher temps for some thicker vapor and better convection. With that idea, you might remove most of the conduction from the bottom so then you would just have the side of the cup providing a little conduction.

Just Justin,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Archaicrevival

Yeah, that might work even better depending on its shape and size. Do you have a pic or dimensions? I have a couple ceramic filters/screens now that I think about it so I may try those out as well. It would be ideal I think, if the screen fit so it rested above the bottom like a few mm off the very bottom so there would be a bit of a gap between the bottom of the cup and the screen so hopefully by lifting the herb just off the bottom, that could help from that excessive heat and scorching the herb/conduction?, then you might be able to get away with higher temps for some thicker vapor and better convection. With that idea, you might remove most of the conduction from the bottom so then you would just have the side of the cup providing a little conduction.

What about the melting mouth peice? Could it have been from how I tested it without the glass cup inserted?

Archaicrevival,

Just Justin

What about the melting mouth peice? Could it have been from how I tested it without the glass cup inserted?

That's what I was wondering......If the cup isn't in place, then the mouthpiece rests on that small silicone seal so there's not much between the glass chamber and the mouthpiece so I'm sure that had something to do with it, hopefully that was it so with normal use we shouldn't see any melting or I don't know if I feel comfortable using a vape that melts

Archaicrevival

That's what I was wondering......If the cup isn't in place, then the mouthpiece rests on that small silicone seal so there's not much between the glass chamber and the mouthpiece so I'm sure that had something to do with it, hopefully that was it so with normal use we shouldn't see any melting or I don't know if I feel comfortable using a vape that melts

the mouthpiece never touches the seal i dont think. Im not sure how comfortable i feel about it either, i did try it with the cup in and I still got those foreign vapors at temps 290 and above.

Archaicrevival

As I said before I could have had a faulty unit, and will know for sure once I get the replacement, but by that time many other people should have one to evaluate for themselves and we can get a real picture of the issues if any be found.

Archaicrevival,

Mr. Me2

Curious, I see the lists of the different vaporizers that people here are using or have used. I don't see many Crafty users. Is there a reason for that?
Crafty is my #1 go-to now too. That doesn't mean I don't keep my eyes open for the Crafty/Mighty killer. For me that's due to VAS, and because these threads list manufacturing and inconsistent customer service/warranty experiences with those vapes. But I haven't found anything with better taste and easier to use (yet).

Just Justin

Here's a link to the Vaporbros page:

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/vaporbrothers-whip-screens-ceramic.html

At .625", I'm afraid they might be too big diameter-wise. Can anyone give us an inside diameter measurement on the cups? Thanks.

Yeah that looks good, hopefully they will fit, otherwise it might be possible to grind them smaller. Hopefully my new, replacement miVape will ship this week like its supposed to, the 28th today actually, like the 2nd announcement said but nothing yet....

Has anyone who is waiting for their replacement unit got a shipping notice?

Vaporfections site says new orders will ship the 30th so hopefully no later than that and once I get mine I will be doing some testing but the new miVape may not need any help at all if they fixed some of the heating issues but my thought is that they changed the software so I don't see how that can make the unit heat any different besides having a more accurate temperature read out on the LCD.

Also, Vaporfection has the miVape accessories up on their site: spare mouthpieces, batteries, cups, silicone protectors, screens, wax cloth

Archaicrevival

Yeah that looks good, hopefully they will fit, otherwise it might be possible to grind them smaller. Hopefully my new, replacement miVape will ship this week like its supposed to, the 28th today actually, like the 2nd announcement said but nothing yet....

Vaporfections site says new orders will ship the 30th so hopefully no later than that and once I get mine I will be doing some testing but the new miVape may not need any help at all if they fixed some of the heating issues but my thought is that they changed the software so I don't see how that can make the unit heat any different besides having a more accurate temperature read out on the LCD.

Also, Vaporfection has the miVape accessories up on their site: spare mouthpieces, batteries, cups, silicone protectors, screens, wax cloth

Hopefully I get mine soon to, I currently don't have a working vape at all and I refuse to smoke. I really hope the mivape replacement I get doesn't melt the mouth piece, get over 500F or burn the material. I don't want to go through the trouble of returning it and having to look for another vaporizer. I have everything I need to clean the mivape properly, I could care less about "clouds of vapor" I just want clean vapor with no plastic or foreign compounds.

I bought some 420 soak and rinse solution, and now that I have become somewhat familiar with the unit I hope it really works as advertised.

"sure to set the standard for all to follow. Get ready to experience the cleanest and clearest vapor ever produced from one of the most technologically advanced vaporizers yet."

" there is zero chance of combustion and no "burnt" taste - just pure vapor and great flavor."

Last edited:

Annie Pepper

I haven't heard a word about the replacement.

Modnote: Edited to fix quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:
Annie Pepper,

moondog

Well, mine is scheduled to arrive on Thursday (new order, not a replacement), so I guess I'll be answering my own question then. If everything works as advertised I'll be ordering up some of those accessories. The one thing I can't find is a case for it. The folks at VapeCase told me that they are not planning to make a case for the miVape but that "in a couple of months" they will have the ability to do custom case orders.

Mr. Me2

Well, mine is scheduled to arrive on Thursday (new order, not a replacement), so I guess I'll be answering my own question then. If everything works as advertised I'll be ordering up some of those accessories. The one thing I can't find is a case for it. The folks at VapeCase told me that they are not planning to make a case for the miVape but that "in a couple of months" they will have the ability to do custom case orders.
You may want to look at RYOT and Vatra cases

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: grokit

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Sadly there is every indication the Mivape is a dud. Too bad but there has been nothing but negative after negative. There are too many other products on the market to bother with this nonsense imo.

Since you don't seem to own one, how are you qualified to make this judgment? Even if you did own it, drawing this conclusion from the posts on this thread would still be foolhardy and unjustified. At this stage of its release, the Solo was drawing far more negative comments. You've been around long enough to know this, so perhaps you might want to reflect a little before you jump to conclusions.

PeteSeattle

I haven't heard a word about the replacement.
Not here either. I know some are frustrated but if we keep up with feed back and stick to it perhaps @Vaporfection will keep striving to improve. There's already 42 pages to get to this point. Other vape threads have had a few hundred pages before the vape is near consumer satisfaction. One thread stands out as a rep is constantly responding to feed back. Everyone seems overjoyed (that includes me) but that was after 3 versions. I hope the same goes for the MiVape.

moondog

You may want to look at RYOT and Vatra cases

Thanks for this! It didn't occur to me to check RYOT even though I own one of theirs for my PnP. The Vatra stuff looks like a definite possibility. Thanks again!!

moondog,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Just Justin

So I take it Vaporfection still hasn't sent out anyone's new replacement miVape? It would be nice if they at least gave us an update, supposed to be the 18th for the replacement, then the 28th, their site says new units will ship the 30th so what now?

Archaicrevival

So I take it Vaporfection still hasn't sent out anyone's new replacement miVape? It would be nice if they at least gave us an update, supposed to be the 18th for the replacement, then the 28th, their site says new units will ship the 30th so what now?

I got a reply that said when they get the units in their warehouse they will be shipping them, hopefully that was today.

Annie Pepper

I have not heard anything.

Annie Pepper,

Annie Pepper

Maybe they are going to surprise us.. the replacement unit will just be delivered without warning. You would think we would at the very least gotten an update...since it is oct 1st. I wonder if they even have them in the warehouse. Feeling aggravated, disappointed and impatient.

Top Bottom