• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued miVape by Vaporfection

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
The fact is, customer support to this level is the only way rolling out a phase 1 product can be this good. Hats off to Dan. You can feel it when someone authentically gives a shit, and it makes you feel like part of the team. He is reaping the rewards of caring about our experience with us wanting to help him succeed.

I took the unit hiking today, way up the mountain in my ancient iolite case. Glass path pure flavor high in the hills. Rightous. Working on the video. I def rec a fine grind and not overloading.
the og iolite case is perfect fit! Nice suggestion:)

Custom Flower Hardware,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thr harder the draw the faster the hot air passes through the weed. You can combust in convection vapes like cera firefly and hammer if you know how. This one you cant but the weed will turn almost black if it is being drawn on too long at high temps. Once its up to temp it takes longer to get vapor cause you have to have a constant flow of hot air through the load to get IT to temp.:)
I know this to be the case. Ive owned the cera and the firefly and had great results with both...

Im getting nothing but burnt pop corn taste and extremely dark abv/ almost black on the bottom... Ive also tried running a load without inhaling and the bottom of the materiap still cooks while the top stys fresh
To me it looks like the chart is telling me. That the miVAPE is 50 f hotter than it should be.
If you want to vape at 350 you go to 300 on the miVAPE.
i feel like mine is 100 degrees hotter... Im starting at 250 and after a few minutes turn it down to 230... I get vapor and a horrible taste

EDIT: going to try wiping down the inside of the unit and blowing it out to see if there might be some debris stuck in there casuing the bad taste im gettin

Last edited:
Mynameismud,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Ups says my new unit comes today so ill test out tonight at work and post results later. Ill also try to bring it to temp and let it sit for a few to see if temp is high, like me!;)
edit: shit! That said just shipped so thurs maybe :( sorry crew :)

Last edited:
Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Just Justin

I know this to be the case. Ive owned the cera and the firefly and had great results with both...

Im getting nothing but burnt pop corn taste and extremely dark abv/ almost black on the bottom... Ive also tried running a load without inhaling and the bottom of the materiap still cooks while the top stys fresh

i feel like mine is 100 degrees hotter... Im starting at 250 and after a few minutes turn it down to 230... I get vapor and a horrible taste

EDIT: going to try wiping down the inside of the unit and blowing it out to see if there might be some debris stuck in there casuing the bad taste im gettin

I have been using mine on 250-260 and if I go any higher I get that dark abv that is concentrated in the bottom as well. I have gotten better results with less material in the cup, ground finer and using those lower temps, below 260f.

There is definitely some conduction going on if you material is cooked without you hitting it.

I know there working on the temp issue but I don't know, I hope its an issue they can correct but I think there is a lot of conduction going on at the bottom of the cup especially and not enough convection because I think we would see more even heating if it were mostly convection. I think part of the problem is the air intake and I expected the air to come in through the air intake holes and go through the glass air path/spiral, like the video to heat up the air and then the herb but I think the heater coil is heating all the glass, including the cup which is leading to more conduction and dark ABV. Maybe a smaller cup and or a bigger chamber, so the sides of the cup aren't as close to the sides of the chamber so that heat doesn't transfer so much heat via conduction and just the heated air will surround the cup and go through the holes into the herb. I also think the air intake needs some work because its definitely pulling air from other "mystery" areas.

I will be trying different temps tonight and concentrate tests and so far I have gone at least an hour on a battery and I still have a third left on the level......

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@Mynameismud that thing's gotta be defective. I would quit wasting herbs and send it back in.
Thats what i am thinking. Havent really used it in a couple days... Dan suggested cleaning out the unit lightly with an alcolhol swab and trying to blow any debris out as something could have fell into the chamber which is causing the bad taste... Im going to try that today but i dont have high hopes...

Unfortunately theres nothing to replace it with until they work out the kinks .

However, just received an email from
@Vaporfection, they have included all my complaints and others as well and are addressing them... New units will be shipped out and we should keep receiving emails and updates about the process...

dormouse

I'm glad to see that Vaporfection's e-mail was more informative this time. Good on them. I only have one little request for them:

The e-mail says "We will also be e-mailing you to notify you of the procedure to return your current unit to us..." How about they accept C.O.D. (?) this time, or just let the defective unit be? Last time, when I received a ViVape that was DOA, it was an extra $60 to ship it back. (It was entirely pointless anyway, as volume boxed deliveries were not allowed at the Vaporfection office complex, which I had been instructed to use as the return address.)

So please, no more customer expenses. And thank you for fixing the problems with the miVape.

Edit: Come to think of it, being as I haven't received the unit yet, perhaps I don't need to pick it up? If I don't open the door for UPS?

Last edited:

Dab Rite

Company Rep
I'm glad to see that Vaporfection's e-mail was more informative this time. Good on them. I only have one little request for them:

The e-mail says "We will also be e-mailing you to notify you of the procedure to return your current unit to us..." How about they accept C.O.D. (?) this time, or just let the defective unit be? Last time, when I received a ViVape that was DOA, it was an extra $60 to ship it back. (It was entirely pointless anyway, as volume boxed deliveries were not allowed at the Vaporfection office complex, which I had been instructed to use as the return address.)

So please, no more customer expenses. And thank you for fixing the problems with the miVape.

Edit: Come to think of it, being as I haven't received the unit yet, perhaps I don't need to pick it up?

Hey @dormouse,

Thank you for all the great feedback and concerns. We would never ask our customers to pay out of pocket to send back a faulty unit they just received. If that was the case in the past, please know that's not how we do business anymore; we will be supplying return labels for all the miVape customers. Also, were you a Vaporfection pre-order? If so, the reason yours never made it out was because we stopped shipments upon discovery of these issues so we can correct them and send out properly functioning units.

I'll hop back on here later in the week with some updates. We're getting some units with new software at the end of the week, so I'll let everyone know how we progress.

dormouse

Hey @dormouse,

Thank you for all the great feedback and concerns. We would never ask our customers to pay out of pocket to send back a faulty unit they just received. If that was the case in the past, please know that's not how we do business anymore; we will be supplying return labels for all the miVape customers. Also, were you a Vaporfection pre-order? If so, the reason yours never made it out was because we stopped shipments upon discovery of these issues so we can correct them and send out properly functioning units.

I'll hop back on here later in the week with some updates. We're getting some units with new software at the end of the week, so I'll let everyone know how we progress.

Hi @Vaporfection /Dan,

Thank you for the reply. That's good to hear. And I do respect the fact that you're building a new and better company. Looking forward to using the miVape -- and your future vapes.

Edit: Oh, and yes, I did pre-order back in 2012. But I also did receive a UPS notice a few days ago, and the delivery is supposed to happen tomorrow...

Last edited:

dormouse

So I received the unit today. I won't use it, since it will be returned anyway, but I did have a peek. Here are my initial thoughts:

I was hoping for the same quality feel and ease of use as the Solo has, and I think everyone will agree that this obviously isn't the case here. But I'm still hopeful that it will perform like a champ.

What I will say is that I would gladly pay twice or even three times as much for a "de luxe version" of the miVape, where the look, feel and material all say superior quality, where plastic parts are kept to a minimum, where everything slides easily into place without any hazzle, where the air path is truly all-glass -- and ideally a unit with a slightly bigger herb chamber. The unit is actually smaller than I imagined, and if space is a limitation, I wouldn't mind a somewhat bigger vape that has all of the characteristics above.

Still exited about trying it out when the new unit arrives.

Just Justin

@dormouse you don't plan on trying the miVape? I think you should so you can let Vaporfection know what you think to help them improve their product but its your choice....Your likes, dislikes, performance, vapor production/quality, pros and cons, what they can improve on etc....

I would also be willing to pay more to have a "deluxe" miVape. I think the miVape has GREAT potential and I can imagine an amazing mivape that feels solid, has some metal components, better/higher quality plastic parts, sealed air path, user replaceable parts that could easily break like hinges and lids, ability to use a wide range of temps and get even heating throughout the cup, completely cleanable, etc..... I don't know what changes Vaporfection plans to make or can make at this point to make a real difference without starting over but I have still have a lot of hope for the MiVape and I want to see this thing rise again because it does have a lot of great features and it offers/ potentially offers, the purest, most flavorful tasting vapor ever, in a portable or even a desktop.

The miVape is ok as is but I just don't see it lasting very long with the buttons, hinges, mouthpiece assembly/quartz cup holder, etc the way it is. I would like to see those weak points and materials to be eventually beefed up and of higher quality. I was also disappointed to see that the mouthpiece assembly cannot be broken down so I doubt that you can get that completely clean just by soaking it.....The systems air intake is not sealed and I expected that the air would be pulled through the "air intake" holes and travel through the glass path and into the quartz cup but there is definitely air being pulled in from elsewhere like around the quartz cup area, somewhere inside the unit etc and I think it would much better if the fresh air entered the system from only the air intake as to create a sealed, all glass air path because if its not sealed then can you really say its an all glass air path if your pulling air from the inside of the unit, electronics area etc...?

I really enjoy using the miVape with herb on 255f and I get great, if not the best taste ever without dark, uneven abv if I grind the herb evenly/finely and I don't pack the quartz cup. The flavor is great but the vapor is slightly weak at this temp. but its super smooth and comfortable. The miVape also works great as is with concentrates, if not better now that they are running hot, especially in the bottom of the quartz cup where you can load a tiny bit of concentrate and get great vapor at around 280f, depending on the concentrate your using.

THE MIVAPE COULD BE THE GREATEST PORTABLE VAPE EVER! I can see it and Vaporfection, your off in the right direction but I think the mivape needs; better build quality and materials, more convection/less conduction, sealed air path, full temperature control, completely cleanable parts

Last edited:

dormouse

How about a smaller, portable, silent ViVape, with a 14/18 mm mouthpiece? That would be sweet. Wouldn't have to be as quite as small as the miVape either.

dormouse,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@dormouse
@Just Justin

You guys should check out this other greatly anticipated portable vape...No all-glass tho. Not gonna name it coz I don't mean to do ads here. You know it anyway! :D ;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@dormouse
@Just Justin

You guys should check out this other greatly anticipated portable vape...No all-glass tho. Not gonna name it coz I don't mean to do ads here. You know it anyway! :D ;)

If I know the one you're talking about then there's still plenty of glass, vapor path and chamber completely glass anyway (save for ss mesh)! Smooth and tasty pure on demand desktop power in a sexy hand held!

I am liking the entire glass mivape composition and digital temps (once they get accurate at least), though clearly it makes certain aspects tricky. Luckily there is also a manufacturer here who is always working to improve and listen

Shit Snacks,

dormouse

@dormouse you don't plan on trying the miVape? I think you should so you can let Vaporfection know what you think to help them improve their product but its your choice....Your likes, dislikes, performance, vapor production/quality, pros and cons, what they can improve on etc....

I would also be willing to pay more to have a "deluxe" miVape. I think the miVape has GREAT potential and I can imagine an amazing mivape that feels solid, has some metal components, better/higher quality plastic parts, sealed air path, user replaceable parts that could easily break like hinges and lids, ability to use a wide range of temps and get even heating throughout the cup, completely cleanable, etc..... I don't know what changes Vaporfection plans to make or can make at this point to make a real difference without starting over but I have still have a lot of hope for the MiVape and I want to see this thing rise again because it does have a lot of great features and it offers/ potentially offers, the purest, most flavorful tasting vapor ever, in a portable or even a desktop.

The miVape is ok as is but I just don't see it lasting very long with the buttons, hinges, mouthpiece assembly/quartz cup holder, etc the way it is. I would like to see those weak points and materials to be eventually beefed up and of higher quality. I was also disappointed to see that the mouthpiece assembly cannot be broken down so I doubt that you can get that completely clean just by soaking it.....The systems air intake is not sealed and I expected that the air would be pulled through the "air intake" holes and travel through the glass path and into the quartz cup but there is definitely air being pulled in from elsewhere like around the quartz cup area, somewhere inside the unit etc and I think it would much better if the fresh air entered the system from only the air intake as to create a sealed, all glass air path because if its not sealed then can you really say its an all glass air path if your pulling air from the inside of the unit, electronics area etc...?

I really enjoy using the miVape with herb on 255f and I get great, if not the best taste ever without dark, uneven abv if I grind the herb evenly/finely and I don't pack the quartz cup. The flavor is great but the vapor is slightly weak at this temp. but its super smooth and comfortable. The miVape also works great as is with concentrates, if not better now that they are running hot, especially in the bottom of the quartz cup where you can load a tiny bit of concentrate and get great vapor at around 280f, depending on the concentrate your using.

THE MIVAPE COULD BE THE GREATEST PORTABLE VAPE EVER! I can see it and Vaporfection, your off in the right direction but I think the mivape needs; better build quality and materials, more convection/less conduction, sealed air path, full temperature control, completely cleanable parts

@Just Justin, I meant the defective unit of course. The issues seem to be covered well enough, and I'm not able to vape at the moment anyway, due to a family situation. Of course I will use the new unit when it arrives and give feedback.

As for "the purest, most flavorful tasting vapor ever, in a portable or even a desktop," I don't think it will outperform its big brother, the ViVape, but it could potentially be almost as good and a lot more handy.

I understand that there's a big demand for the ultra-portable vapes, but if there are others like me (there must be some), there should also be a market for the in-between-portables -- the tablets of vaporizers. The ones you might not bring when you're mountain climbing, they might not even fit in your shirt pocket, but they will offer superior quality at a convenient size. I guess what I'm looking for is a high-quality, quiet, portable convection vape that I can use like this, with no more hassle than this.

dormouse,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
If I know the one you're talking about then there's still plenty of glass, vapor path and chamber completely glass anyway (save for ss mesh)! Smooth and tasty pure on demand desktop power in a sexy hand held!

Yep, that is the one. Sounds even better when I read your wording. :ko::love:

@Just Justin
I understand that there's a big demand for the ultra-portable vapes, but if there are others like me (there must be some), there should also be a market for the in-between-portables -- the tablets of vaporizers. The ones you might not bring when you're mountain climbing, they might not even fit in your shirt pocket, but they will offer superior quality at a convenient size. I guess what I'm looking for is a high-quality, quiet, portable convection vape that I can use like this, with no more hassle than this.

Oh yeah, there is. Talking about it - and iron like a lion! :cool:

StonedPerk

Light up the world
What has better flavor this or firefly? I'll be reviewing mivape on my youtube channel soon but just wanted to know if taste compares to or beats firefly

StonedPerk,
Reactions: biohacker

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I say it smashes fireflys:) just got my replacement. Everything feels tighter. Put together nicely. Started at 365 up to 430 with dark abv but no charring!:) taste all the way till end was good. Starts out with a sort of Cera-like flavor profile. At work so more testing soon!:)
Edit: 4 sessions in with battery still at 50%. This thing is a flavor whores dream!:) the temps are definitly not as hot as the first unit and it also takes a enano sized load so itll pay for itself quickly so nice!:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom