Discontinued miVape by Vaporfection

mongrel

ordered mivape today for $239.20. got a $59.80 discount with "vape20" code from the retail price of $299. will post a review when it comes.

mongrel,

vape4life

Banned for life
no shit, that's not a bad deal! Can't wait to hear your opinion on it.

mongrel said:
ordered mivape today for $239.20. got a $59.80 discount with "vape20" code from the retail price of $299. will post a review when it comes.

vape4life,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
the mivape is now delayed for another month, just called them about my order and they said its gonna be shipping end of december.

ilovebOObs,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
looking forward to your reviews guys! (with pics hopefully)

definitely sleek lookin'
would love to see some sort of diagram of the internals, especially the bowl part
surprised to see peeps ordering without more info

with the discounted price and stated run time, its more appealing than the vaporblunt (another new good lookin $300 portable that i wish was cheaper). whats up with these expensive portables anyway?

moodswing,

mongrel

ilovebOObs said:
the mivape is now delayed for another month, just called them about my order and they said its gonna be shipping end of december.

damn! when are these buggers gunna stop putting forward timelines that they can't keep. pretty shabby retail ethics.

moodswing said:
surprised to see peeps ordering without more info.

it's called hoping for the next best thing :-)

mongrel,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
mongrel said:
ilovebOObs said:

damn! when are these buggers gunna stop putting forward timelines that they can't keep. pretty shabby retail ethics.

moodswing said:
surprised to see peeps ordering without more info.

it's called hoping for the next best thing :-)

Shabby retail ethics is a bit harsh...

I know it's different since its more of a full disclosure deal, but the cloud guys have had a few delays met with much respect at them taking their time to perfect the product...

A more established company does it and its shabby retail ethics?

Frederick McGuire,

headdoctor

It looks to me like the viVape, which was supposed to be available today, is also delayed, though I don't know how long. I do think it's important that they get it right. It's much better to delay than to release something with problems. That said, they've been pushing it pretty hard with very pro-style advertising. It seems to me that the cloud guys have not been using the same kind of marketing style as vaporfection--which, honestly, feels both exciting and a bit slick. In any case, I hope they do get it right when they release both units. They sure look appealing.

headdoctor,
Consider this Headdocter: we have about 20 or so videos of the VXC in action, delivering dense clouds, both in the hands of its inventors and also of trusted beta testers. Real, hands on videos.

We have one video about the Vivape and Mivape combined, and they don't even show an actual model in someone's hand, let alone one putting out vapor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xd5pQyPnks

I know which version I prefer. Real, meaningful videos and info are far better than some slick, meaningless Steve Jobs-ian layout.

charliedontsurf,

headdoctor

I couldn't agree more. If my post wasn't clear, I meant that the vaporfection video (=ad) was slick. I actually think it was a mistake on their part. While it may appear professional and in some ways enticing, it doesn't feel authentic, and it sure doesn't give out a lot of real information. (Putting the spokesperson in a kind of scientist white lab coat seems phony.) There's something to be said for clinical precision and for a company that works out of something more than a garage (think Storz&Bickel), but there's a lot more to be said for "real, meaningful videos and info."
If the viVape does 85% of what it claims, it could be really exciting. It has some features that I like a lot. I guess we'll see.

headdoctor,
My bad Headdoctor, I misunderstood.

I DO want to believe that this American company can offer us two new awesome vapes, both of which should be pretty competitive at their price points. We don't have any real bad feedback on their other models so we have no real reason to be pessimistic.

charliedontsurf,

mongrel

I know it's different since its more of a full disclosure deal, but the cloud guys have had a few delays met with much respect at them taking their time to perfect the product...

A more established company does it and its shabby retail ethics?

really, you reckon shabby ethics is a bit harsh? i sometimes dress a bit shabbily with leather boots... nothing harsh about it. the local government controlled post office gives me shabby service but, it is a comment on a business entity... not an individual entity. i withdraw ethics word. i could have been a whole lot more colourful but no reason to. sorry i know nothing of the others retailers launch problems. i visit intermittently.

but, my take on prepayment is that the product is ready to go but dissemination and distribution of course takes a while. i sorta don't expect a product still in pre-production. marketing at this stage should be the only thing unfinished. maybe unrealistic and unreasonable but there ya go.

mongrel,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I get where you are coming from.
I didn't necessarily assume pre-payment indicated product availability, as I pre-order PS3 games all the time - all that gets me is a guaranteed copy on launch day.

Ethics is a fuzzy thing sometimes...

I saw a manufacturer realising they wouldn't be ready on time, and delaying the launch to not give consumers an unfinished product - Good Ethics (hence shabby ethics being harsh)

It seems that you saw a manufacturer claiming to essentially have the vape ready to go, then changing things when they can't deliver on time - Shabby Ethics.

Two sides of the same coin I guess :lol:

Frederick McGuire,

mistergyro

exactly Fred.

i would however love to see how you load this thing...so many questions...the owner of the company should visit this thread.

mistergyro,

mistergyro

so it's been over a month since this thread has been bumped...has anyone heard any updates from Vaporfection about the miVape?

mistergyro,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
last i heard about anything regarding the release was from member Samo_T in his discussion about his experience at the vaporfection booth at the cannabis cup... (posted 11/24)

Samo_T said:
Unfortunately they didn't have the mivape on display. I was told it would take somewhere between 40 and 90 days for it to be ready for release...

i would be surprised if it was actually shipped on the date they have stated (12/28).
imo vaporfection has not been very forthcoming or clear on the details of their products lately :/

moodswing,

mistergyro

exactly...i think the vivapes shipments have been pushed back till mid jan so i'm not holding my breath with this one

mistergyro,

mongrel

mistergyro said:
exactly...i think the vivapes shipments have been pushed back till mid jan so i'm not hold my breath with this one

fuck it all... what the hell is santa gunna put in my stocking now? incredibly annoying.

mongrel,

Foster

Wow there goes my hopes of a mivape for New Years/ Xmas i guess.

I think with the price tag, no footage or explanations of the product, and the delays over and over again, I am just going to give up on this vape for a few months, buy a different one, and maybe consider this again if the reviews are good.

Foster,

mistergyro

Foster said:
Wow there goes my hopes of a mivape for New Years/ Xmas i guess.

I think with the price tag, no footage or explanations of the product, and the delays over and over again, I am just going to give up on this vape for a few months, buy a different one, and maybe consider this again if the reviews are good.

i'm never going to give up on the mivape!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWq0bSvc31A&feature=related

mistergyro,

darkrom

Great Scott!
You guys are pretty damn harsh for a product that no one has used yet lol. I am not going to be an early adopter thanks to the solo ruining that forever for me, but I still have hope. See the way I see it they don't want to delay their profits any more than you want them to delay the vape. They did the R&D, paid for the materials...they have lots of $ tied up in this. The only reason a company would delay the release is to make the product better, something that other companies might not even bother doing.

Would you rather rush them and get solo style issues (revision what SIX now and still problems?!) or would you rather get a product that works correctly from the day you get it?

For all I know they could delay it and still release a piece of shit, but I really think it is unfair to judge the company/vape before ANYONE has used it.

darkrom,

mistergyro

usermaine said:
just my opinion: i think this company is BS

what like it's just a fake company and this is a big practical joke? noooo i don't think so...i'm going to email them and get confirmation on the shipping date of the mi...

mistergyro,

mistergyro

From website....sigh....
"Product is currently on backorder. Deliveries will resume in March 2012 in the order they were received."

is backorder the right word? it's never been available to the public....either way it would be nice to know why there is now a 3 month delay...

mistergyro,

mistergyro

here was their response to asking for an update...

"Hi XXXXX,
Sorry we've been so swamped with our focus on deliveries of the viVape that we haven't had time to respond to the miVape questions. We will have an update on the miVape for you next week. Merry Christmas! YFAV"

mistergyro,
Top Bottom